PDA

View Full Version : Who said

f_inscreenname
03-11-2009, 06:17 PM
"No earmarks, they are not good for America"
"just a few earmarks that are needed to get the bill passed this time"
"some earmarks are good, the next time around be sure we will weed out the bad ones"

DonziJon
03-11-2009, 06:37 PM
"No earmarks, they are not good for America"
"just a few earmarks that are needed to get the bill passed this time"
"some earmarks are good, the next time around be sure we will weed out the bad ones"

So what's NEW? Sounds LIBERAL to me. ...........DAM...I'm trying to "Stifle". :outtahere:

You people just don't understand The O MAN yet. :wavey: John

Cuda
03-11-2009, 06:57 PM
That's why it didn't pass the first time around. There wasn't enough pork to go around.

Tony
03-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Whatever party seeking office rails against pork and promises to eliminate it. Once in office their tune changes. This is not a new phenomenon, and has been happening for decades. While I agree with what you guys are saying, it is not an exclusive habit of the current administration.

:beer:

Tony
03-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Number of Pork Projects, or Budget Earmarks, 1991–2008

http://www.heritage.org/Research/features/budgetchartbook/images/fed-rev-spend-2008-boc-C5-FY-2008-Had-the-Second-Highest.gif

Tony
03-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Where's 2009?? :D :D

Hot off the press...all 875,000,000 pages of it! (I made that up...)
About 8,000 earmarks.

gcarter
03-11-2009, 08:41 PM
So Tony, you were complaining about the last administration?
And why was that?

BUIZILLA
03-11-2009, 08:47 PM
it's closer to 8,600 bumps... :confused:

I wasn't the recipient of any of them :lifeprese:

Ghost
03-11-2009, 08:54 PM
I'd like to see the graph by dollars, rather than # of projects. Well, maybe 'like' is the wrong word...

HOWARD O
03-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Whatever party seeking office rails against pork and promises to eliminate it. Once in office their tune changes. This is not a new phenomenon, and has been happening for decades. While I agree with what you guys are saying, it is not an exclusive habit of the current administration.

Yep.

Tony
03-11-2009, 09:40 PM
So Tony, you were complaining about the last administration?
And why was that?

George, where in this thread was I complaining about the last administration?
That topic has been covered ad nauseam, here and elsewhere.
But, since you asked, I'll try to summarize:
Arrogance, cronyism, record-setting deficit spending...wait, why is that sounding so familiar? :eek:

BUIZILLA
03-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Arrogance, cronyism, record-setting deficit spending...wait, why is that sounding so familiar? :eek:
we are on day 51 of that....

Cuda
03-11-2009, 09:48 PM

They just perfected it.

Cuda
03-11-2009, 09:50 PM
it's closer to 8,600 bumps... :confused:

I wasn't the recipient of any of them :lifeprese:

Me neither.

Cuda
03-11-2009, 09:53 PM

Because you are the only one talking down that hallway? I guess the rest of us are just ignernt.

Cuda
03-11-2009, 09:57 PM

As far as I know,it is the first admistration to make a deal with it's nearest opponent from the same party that if she dropped out of the race, he would make her secretary of state? Do you think that was just happenstance, or you REALLY thinks she know more about international politics than anyone else in the USA?

I don't think the Founding Fathers meant to play "Let's Make a Deal" when they drew up the constitution, but after all, I'm just ignernt.

DonziJon
03-12-2009, 09:15 AM
NOT to Stir The Pot or anything.....But we ARE sending $900M to Hamas (or is it Hezbolah) anyway they are our new friends.....to build New Condos in Gaza. However, that's just small potatoes. The BIG earmark coming is going to be.. SAVE Africa. It's the Right Thing To Do. I'm thinking maybe make Darfor a "Protectorate" or something, maybe like Puerto Rico, and save that country first. :bighug:

BTW: This has nothing to do with anything but this morning on TV I heard that one of the textbooks being used in our public schools actually says that Jesus was a "Palastinian". I always thought he was a Jew but I could be wrong. :confused: Just sayin. John

Cuda
03-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Politics, religion, and her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=994cWysAPaQ