PDA

View Full Version : Out with the old, in with the new.......

fogducker III
03-11-2009, 05:48 PM
The old carpet was getting sad looking, stains, backing was cracking and falling off and pop-buttons were not lining up.........

I priced out new carpet from various sources and that was not in the cards right now.........I thought about what I needed out of cockpit flooring and realized a waterproof, non-skid, removable substance was required.

I got four 3' x3' pieces of rubber matting used for flooring in high traffic areas where people stand and work, anti-fatigue mat they call it. I trimmed it using the old carpet as a template and all the pieces interlock to make one piece........best thing was it only cost $80...!!

I think it turned out OK and it sure is nice on the bare feet...........! :biggrin.:

Ed Donnelly
03-11-2009, 05:59 PM
And where did you get the rubber????????????.Ed

Donzi LG
03-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Great idea! I know what you mean, those are easy on the feet.

fogducker III
03-11-2009, 06:33 PM
The product is called Element, made by RCR here in Canada. It was easy to install and very easy on the wallet...........:biggrin.:

What I like about it is it is quick to remove and wash it off as well as being able to then wash out the boat. I will see this summer how it holds up to use and report back.........

DonziJon
03-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Looks good to me. I'm big into practicle....However you will be shuned by the Purists and Clique members on this board because it's .....Well..It's not FUZZY and doesn't have any fancy Embroidery ...:biggrin.: John

CHACHI
03-11-2009, 07:17 PM
............and it comes with the standard self-draining feature.

Ken

fogducker III
03-11-2009, 08:31 PM
There, is that better........? :rolleyes::wink::rlol:

Ed Donnelly
03-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Googled RCR and found nothing .. What store can it be bought from...Ed

chappy
03-12-2009, 07:22 AM
Gotta like the practical aspect of that floor, looks good also.

BigGrizzly
03-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Foggy, Your innovative that's for sure, I like it. me I fif the in door out door from home dopeo $18 on sale, this was the expensive stuff, not the astroturf look.

Carl C
03-12-2009, 08:54 AM
How dare you modify your boat from stock! Another Donzi Classic ruined:nilly::bonk::doh:.

;)

I like it but will the holes fill up and hold water?

fogducker III
03-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Googled RCR and found nothing .. What store can it be bought from...Ed

Ed, I got it from a local small hardware store called Slegg's.......I will see if I can find out more info for you.

mattyboy
03-12-2009, 09:09 AM
well at least he didn't take a saw to it

Fog the only thing i would worry about would be the rubber marring the floor and leaving a mark if removed otherwise i think it will work out nicely

fogducker III
03-12-2009, 09:24 AM
How dare you modify your boat from stock! Another Donzi Classic ruined:nilly::bonk::doh:.

;)

I like it but will the holes fill up and hold water?

The mat actually sits off the floor, there are small "tits" on the back....

Here is a link to the product page, the mat is called Element.

http://www.rcrint.com/PDF/Tapis/utilityindoor.pdf

fogducker III
03-12-2009, 09:28 AM
well at least he didn't take a saw to it

Fog the only thing i would worry about would be the rubber marring the floor and leaving a mark if removed otherwise i think it will work out nicely

Kinda what I thought when I first saw it, but when I picked it up and felt it realized it is very soft and pliable, no way it can damage the fiberglass/gel, it might "mark" it but nothing a Mr.Clean Magic Pad couldn't remove..........:wink:

mattyboy
03-12-2009, 09:45 AM
soon as i saw the back I could tell it wasn't the standard rubber egg crate flooring like we use at the restaurant on the bar and kitchen floors.

we did try some white stuff behind the bar that were tiles that locked together was more like a foam floor but it held to much water and fell apart
i would imagine it would not mark the floor but being on the boat would get wet a lot quicker
keep us posted and let us know how it holds up

Carl C
03-12-2009, 10:27 AM
there are small "tits" on the back....

You gotta like tits but usually they are on the front..........

mattyboy
03-12-2009, 10:39 AM
:rolleyes: Carl man your mind is in the gutter :tongue:

DonziJon
03-12-2009, 10:44 AM
You gotta like tits but usually they are on the front..........

OMG: Here We Go. Now I guess we're gonna get into a big argument over weather Small "Tits" are better than Big "Tits". :rolleyes: John

mattyboy
03-12-2009, 10:47 AM
OMG: Here We Go. Now I guess we're gonna get into a big argument over weather Small "Tits" are better than Big "Tits". :rolleyes: John

ummm no I think like your music the debate should be REAL and FAKE tits

;) :tongue: LMAO

Planetwarmer
03-12-2009, 04:13 PM
It would be handy sometimes if tits were on the back!

blue boat
03-12-2009, 04:38 PM
I wonder if this mat will make marks on your floor? I had mats like that in front of my store for the cashiers and they ended up making black marks on the floor

Ed Donnelly
03-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm I like tits.......Thanks for the info....Ed

jbowen60
03-12-2009, 06:16 PM
All I know is it may be soft, but summertime in Arizona you will need to wear something on you feet or you'll burn the skin off on that black rubber!

The suns a little lower in the sky and the water a a little cooler in BC, so it should be good.

fogducker III
03-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm I like tits.......Thanks for the info....Ed

This stuff is good Ed, I was out today and it did not slip, move or even shuffle.............when I washed the boat down it drained good as well.........:yes:

fogducker III
03-12-2009, 07:03 PM
All I know is it may be soft, but summertime in Arizona you will need to wear something on you feet or you'll burn the skin off on that black rubber!

The suns a little lower in the sky and the water a a little cooler in BC, so it should be good.

This is why I don't live in Arizona...........:wink:

Ghost
03-12-2009, 07:12 PM
This stuff is good Ed, I was out today and it did not slip, move or even shuffle.............when I washed the boat down it drained good as well.........:yes:

Glad to hear it. I thought the look was very cool. And as has been discussed, should have a shot at not being too hot up your way. (As an aside, I must admit, I am amazed at boatbuilders' willingness to put crazy-sun-hot vinyl colors into boat seats and sunpads. Though I must admit, it's kinda fun for pranking unwitting guests when it's mostly white with a hint of danger.)

mike o
03-12-2009, 07:51 PM
:yes:..your one clever fella their foggy. Looks great.

fogducker III
03-12-2009, 08:15 PM
:yes:..your one clever fella their foggy. Looks great.

Thanks Mike, just tried to make do with what I had, the "powers that be" are killing us money wise eh?

BTW. After running with this flooring stuff today I realized that it does not move and will do the trick........:biggrin.:

mike o
03-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Whats next?:biggrin.: Its been fun watching ya do all the Foggy customizations. Ya got quite the toy. Wish I.... was better with the :wrench:'s. Ya must be blowing Lennys 18 off by now.:biggrin.::biggrin.::biggrin.::biggrin.:

Lenny
03-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Ya must be blowing Lennys 18 off by now.:biggrin.::biggrin.::biggrin.::biggrin.:

ahhhh,... easily Mike, easily.

I now drive the bastard stepchild that lags behind the real boats :(

Oh, hang on. All I need is 8 mph. Maybe the Procharger and the valve springs and the Performer and the blow through BG might do the trick. :D

(Lennys' boat does not go out on cold days :yes: )

mike o
03-13-2009, 07:35 PM
ahhhh,... easily Mike, easily.

I now drive the bastard stepchild that lags behind the real boats :(

Oh, hang on. All I need is 8 mph. Maybe the Procharger and the valve springs and the Performer and the blow through BG might do the trick. :D

(Lennys' boat does not go out on cold days :yes: )... There ya go. A little neighborly competitiveness is a good thing.:biggrin.:

Ed Donnelly
03-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Lenny; Are you saying you have the procharger, carb hat, and carb????

If not, I know where ther is a sweet deal laying around.......Ed

BigGrizzly
03-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Careful Lenny is thinking again. Be careful Sometimes Lenny's ideas happen. I can remember when Lenny did not have a boat at all, it was just something we accepted because he was just too cool. Now look, He has Boats and a good looking wife too. Life is good in Canada:yes: