PDA

View Full Version : Sent by another honerable Donzi Member

MOP
03-11-2009, 10:07 AM
I wondered why Congress bailed AIG since it's not a bank. Remember when this economic crisis hit, Congress let Bear Sterns go under, then pushed a bunch of Forced Marriages between Banks? Then they bailed out AIG. At the time, I thought: "That's strange. What does an insurance company have to do with this crisis?" I think I just found the answer.

AIG INSURES THE PENSION TRUST OF THE UNITED STATES CONGRESS! No wonder why they were immediately bailed out ! Our Senators and Congressmen said by their actions, "To hell with the people, let's protect our future." ISN'T IT NICE TO SEE WHERE THEIR LOYALTIES LIE !

Chicken you knew I would post it!!
When will they start to realize the 546 up there don't give a krap about us citizens!!!!!!!!

Kirbyvv
03-11-2009, 11:09 AM
So AIG owns Stowe Ski Area in Vermont. As a tax paying citizen, I'm now a partner in owning Stowe. So shouldn't we all be able to ski free now.

The sad thing, AIG isn't just an insurance company, and we are bailing them out.

boxy
03-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Phil,
I got one word for ya man..
SNOPES! (http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/aig.asp)
Learn it, use it, love it..

Poodle, the explanation for the AIG bailout in the Snopes article was the same explanation we were given at a meeting with a VP of the TD Bank before the New Year.

Can we get a 3 Snopes and you're out rule ..... :D

handfulz28
03-11-2009, 02:14 PM
I figured it'd be pretty common knowledge that the US Treasury guarantees all things federal. Why would they spend money on insurance, when they can just print the money for free? :jestera:

roadtrip se
03-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Why start now?