PDA

View Full Version : Blue Angels Photo of Pensacola Beach

Barry Eller
03-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Gulf Breeze is the strip of land in the background. Pensacola Bay is on the other side. The 2009 Blue Angels season starts in about a week. They fly practice shows every Tuesday and Wednesday here. If you've seen them, then you have seen the best!

http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/

HOWARD O
03-10-2009, 11:30 AM
They are AWESOME and that's a great photo!

I used to ride in the dunes on my dirtbike in California about all winter season. The dunes just happen to look out over El Centro, which was training ground for the Blue Angels. We would sit on top of a very high dune and watch them for hours, it was always a heck of a show.

Never miss them when they come here to Cherry Point. My favorite is watching their support plane, Fat Albert, take off and light up those JATO rockets. Incredible!

http://www.highgallery.com/Navy-Blue-Angels/blue-angels-fat-albert/blue-angels-fat-albert-009.jpg

Barry Eller
03-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Howard O,

Yeah, Fat Albert is cool. In November, the Homecoming show here on base, they have a small night show. Fat Albert does a JATO take off in the dark! They have a F/A 18 Hornet do an afterburner show, and usually they have a Jet Truck demo followed by a fireworks display. These are things that really light up a night sky! And they are LOUD!

The July Pensacola Beach Show is the one to see by boat...there are usually over a 100,000 people packed on Santa Rosa Island (PBeach). Traffic grid locks for hours.

You are right about El Centro being the winter training center for the Blues. They come back to Home Base Pensacola this week.

Ghost
03-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Every year in Annapolis--first great boating event of the season.

BTW, Fat Albert is a lot of fun to watch just flying around at low altitude and lower speed.

HOWARD O
03-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Barry, I have a photo of my own of a night take-off....but the photo is so lousy that I was embarassed to post it! I think we have the very same show here at MCAS Cherry Point. It's so much nicer and COOLER at night too!

Yeah, it really is quite a site to see that big behemoth take off and go almost vertical!

My Dad worked for Aerojet, the company that makes those JATO rockets. But that was quite a while ago.....

HOWARD O
03-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Every year in Annapolis--first great boating event of the season.

BTW, Fat Albert is a lot of fun to watch just flying around at low altitude and lower speed.

I didn't know you are in Annapolis, maybe I just never noticed. Annapolis was my favorite town, I used to spend my summers cruising the Chesapeake in my "yute". My father kept his boat up on the Sassafras River and I would spend most of the summer there. I LOVE Annapolis!

f_inscreenname
03-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Ya, G lives just on the other side of the firetrucks. Look out below. :umbrella:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYFC10LesDc&eurl=http://www.supernova19.com/forumcw/index.php?topic=852.0

Ed Donnelly
03-10-2009, 05:28 PM
They come to Toronto every Sept for the C.N.E.

Hard to believe but we actually have some of these jets in our Air Force

Barry Eller
03-10-2009, 06:53 PM
As we say in the South...Hey Y'all...watch this Sh**!!!

http://www.theblueangelsvideo.com/viewclip.php?vid=K7rAUu8djZ4

apollo24
03-10-2009, 07:49 PM
We have always talked about having a Donzi Rally on the Blues Homecoming Weekend in July- I will probably still have my X. We should discuss putting this together! Nicest beaches in the U.S., beautiful women everywhere, the largest massing of boats in one area anywhere and jet noise! Not sure you can beat this.

McGary911
03-10-2009, 10:01 PM
The Blue Angels do the airshow here in Jacksonville each year. Great show for sure. Here's a Bertha pic I took from the beach in '07. Funny how we all have the Betha pics.....slow = easy pic :p

Lenny
03-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Howard, I all but died two years ago in Glamas, So Cali. I don't want to remember the dunes anytime soon :(

Cuda
03-11-2009, 03:02 AM
The Blue Angels do the airshow here in Jacksonville each year. Great show for sure. Here's a Bertha pic I took from the beach in '07. Funny how we all have the Betha pics.....slow = easy pic :p
I see Jax NAS everyday for the past month, when going over the Buckman Bridge.

Cuda
03-11-2009, 03:06 AM
First time I was in Pensacola was when I was in the second grade at the Navy hospital, having my FIRST hearnia operation. I remember distinclty I weighed 47 pounds when being admitted. :eek:

Barry Eller
03-11-2009, 07:19 AM
We have always talked about having a Donzi Rally on the Blues Homecoming Weekend in July- I will probably still have my X. We should discuss putting this together! Nicest beaches in the U.S., beautiful women everywhere, the largest massing of boats in one area anywhere and jet noise! Not sure you can beat this.

Dan (p729lws) and I did a Donzi/Pantera Rally at the Pensacola Beach Blue Angels Airshow last year. We rafted together on Friday behind Flounders, the wives were at work(boys day out). The Saturday show was postponed to Sunday do to thunderstorms, so we took the wives Sunday and just as the show ended, we had to make a high speed run to my bayou to avoid the BIG thunderstorm that hit. Dan couldn't make his house, so left the Pantera tied up at my neighbors dock that I use. The weather is always unpredictable in July, but it is still a must do! The photo I posted shows thunderstorms in the area then, the photo is from 2007.

Hope you can join us this year Ben! And anyone else that can make it! I think the Saturday show this year is July 11th. They call it "Blues Week" they do fly by's on Wednesday to get turning check points, full practice show Thursday, full airshow,including all the other events Friday, and the main show Saturday.

HOWARD O
03-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Howard, I all but died two years ago in Glamas, So Cali. I don't want to remember the dunes anytime soon :(

Lenny, I used to go there just about every weekend in the winter time. I had a cr500 and a Banshee, but I had no motorhome. I would bum a ride with my friend in their motorhome and sleep in a tent! It was good times but I don't think my body could handle it anymore unless I had a sandrail. :embarasse

Did you have an accident?

Barry Eller
03-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Blue Angels Video Website...Lots of videos here

http://blueangels.ning.com/