PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Hole recap coming to night...

Last Real Texan
03-09-2009, 07:24 AM
I can't thank Weezle enough for the week that he put together for us as I said before he is a first class guy and quite a bit of fun as well !!!!! I will post a full recap tonight after I try and make up a weeks vacation of work in one day...Later!:thewave::thewave::thewave:

Tex

Donziweasel
03-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Are you slacking on me????:p;)

Last Real Texan
03-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Are you slacking on me????:p;)
Of course not...but I sure could use a soak in the hot spring.

Well After a ton of catching up today I am now only two weeks behind from gone. I guess you could say I have a Jackson Hole hangover I am tending to, man this east coast sucks today.

Anyway, Here is my best attempt to get it out there that the world is a much better place than we all believe, I have to say The Weezle said it first to me on the ride from the airport that it is amazing that a simple brand of boat and a passion for speed keeps likeminded people together and brings in new ones. It was a reminder about what this board is all about, people with common interests and hobbies in common helping a brother out. Sometimes I think with all the bickering and cliques and such that we all seem to get caught up in sometimes that it is easy to lose track of what is really important....Hanging out with people who share the same things and have experienced boat issues or whatever that may come about. I had never met the Weezle before our trip, and he treated my family as if we had known each other our whole lives, never skipped a beat, he invited and we came, he hooked us up beyond belief, going way over what he had offered to do for us, I should have known he was originally a southerner, that’s what we do down here. So with that in mind here is the rundown of the week....

Fly in on Saturday and get settled in...sweet condo and snow on the ground sun shining lighting up the Grand Tetons, for those of you who have never been out there as I said in an earlier post the contrast between valley floor and mountains is incredible, there is no transition just straight up to the peaks from the valley floor pretty awesome sight...

We take Sunday to get the munchkin in ski school (3yrs old mind you) and all set up, get some Demo skis and get some awesome food...

Monday we have epic conditions in the morning that turned to awe full in the afternoon...taking Tuesday off waiting for better conditions and by the grace of god the snow starts on Wednesday morning and it snow for three days straight...Great conditions all except the visibility suck up top...we did get some nice fresh track over near the trees about mid shin deep that was a blast to ski the steeps in....thank god for the steeps....Don't tell my wife I said that she like the moderate stuff. We cap the last day skiing off by picking up the munchkin that has now after 3 days learned to ski the a frame style....so off to the lift we go and he somehow makes three long runs down with only one fall, pretty amazing.

Friday brings a new day with our skis hung up and dog sledding on the plan, this was really a cool thing to do for sure....Then The Weezle shows up with 3 snowmobiles and a plan to get to the Granite hot spring 10 miles .up the trail...I think I may have found a new addiction in snowmobiles, they look like good candidates for modification in my eyes warranty...what’s that? The Weezle has some NOS on his...he did the right thing for sure.....Great ride up the trail in sh!t conditions but after an hour soak warmed. all of us up we were back to the trail with the sun out and crystal clear skies...could not have asked for a better day on the trail....Then stopped by the Lazy P for a site inspection....don't even get me started on this place.

The Weezle told me when we got there that Jackson locals have a way about them, I was really unsure of what he was talking about until I experienced it first hand, The people always had a smile on their face and were ready to help in any way they could, did not matter what is was you needed, for instance the tubing place at snow king had a few big snow cats out side ...my three year old gets a little interested in it and the guy is getting ready to go do some work ....he says " hop in want to go for a ride? " so away they go up the steeps and down then a couple of snow cat donuts later he lets him off at the tubing park...this does not happen in Colorado I can assure you...so I guess the Jackson People do have a way...They All call it the Jackson Way.....It is really how we all should be....

Thanks again John......and when you come east the door is always open to you and Boo Boo plus 2....

Photos to follow...

Last Real Texan
03-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Trying to post some potos but I am having some user interface problem between the chair and the keyboard

Donziweasel
03-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Anyway, Here is my best attempt to get it out there that the world is a much better place than we all believe, I have to say The Weezle said it first to me on the ride from the airport that it is amazing that a simple brand of boat and a passion for speed keeps likeminded people together and brings in new ones. It was a reminder about what this board is all about, people with common interests and hobbies in common helping a brother out. Sometimes I think with all the bickering and cliques and such that we all seem to get caught up in sometimes that it is easy to lose track of what is really important....Hanging out with people who share the same things and have experienced boat issues or whatever that may come about. I had never met the Weezle before our trip, and he treated my family as if we had known each other our whole lives, never skipped a beat, he invited and we came, he hooked us up beyond belief, going way over what he had offered to do for us, I should have known he was originally a southerner, that’s what we do down here. So with that in mind here is the rundown of the week....

Tex, I couldn't have said it better myself. I met a chat board aquaintence at the airport that day and when I dropped them off a week later, I felt that I had made a freind for life. We even made plans for a houseboat on Powell next year, and a possible Carribean and European vacation as well. For those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting Tex and his family, I sincerely hope you get to one day. He is a great guy, a family man in the essence of the term and my freind.

I asked Tex about other places he has skied and been in the winter and how Jackson Hole stacked up. He simply replied "I don't see a reason to go anywhere else". Thanks man, and I can't wait to see you guys out here again next winter, although this time you will be staying at the Lazy P. ;)

Now for the Hedgehog this Saturday.....;)

Cuda
03-10-2009, 12:36 AM
I was planning a trip to JH in the summer. Is summer still slated to land on the fourth of July this year? :)

I"ll stick to shoveling sunshine out of my driveway. It was 87 in Jax today.:cool!:

The Hedgehog
03-10-2009, 01:39 AM
Tex, I couldn't have said it better myself. I met a chat board aquaintence at the airport that day and when I dropped them off a week later, I felt that I had made a freind for life. We even made plans for a houseboat on Powell next year, and a possible Carribean and European vacation as well. For those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting Tex and his family, I sincerely hope you get to one day. He is a great guy, a family man in the essence of the term and my freind.
I asked Tex about other places he has skied and been in the winter and how Jackson Hole stacked up. He simply replied "I don't see a reason to go anywhere else". Thanks man, and I can't wait to see you guys out here again next winter, although this time you will be staying at the Lazy P. ;)
Now for the Hedgehog this Saturday.....;)

Wow, that's a pretty big deal coming from Tex and the places he has been.

I really did not need to hear about that until at least Thursday. Now I have a week to concenctrate on work.

Donziweasel
03-10-2009, 09:12 AM
I was planning a trip to JH in the summer. Is summer still slated to land on the fourth of July this year?

Come on out Joe. Summer starts between May 15 and July 4th.;)

Wow, that's a pretty big deal coming from Tex and the places he has been.

I really did not need to hear about that until at least Thursday. Now I have a week to concenctrate on work.

Ahhhh, you only have 5 days......you will make it if Tex doesn't drive you crazy with JH stories, which I bet he does....:D