PDA

View Full Version : boat ride in Portland Sunday?

zelatore
03-07-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm stuck here in Portland commisioning a Marque 690. Tomorrow I'll be taking it out for a little spin on the Columbia to test and calibrate the electronics suite. Anybody want to tag along? It's not like I won't have some extra room.

I'll propably head out around noon and should be out for maybe 2 hours.

Not exactly as fast or exciting as a Donzi, but then again it does have a heated pilot house...

Drop me a note if you'd like to come along.

zelatore
03-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Of course if you bring a Donzi along we could trade rides...

zelatore
03-08-2009, 11:27 AM
What, no takers?

Don't be scared off by last night's snow....it's cozy and warm in the boat with the heaters running.

And besides, I can actually see blue sky overhead. Looks like a great day for a ride.

Think of it as you own private one-boat boat show, compleate with demo.

Cuda
03-08-2009, 02:42 PM
My cousin drove from Portland to her a couple weeks ago. He's in the shower right now, or I'd ask him. I've been on the Willamte at Portland, but never on the Columbia. It had best be a big boat if it gets windy on the Columbia, and the wind whisltles down the Colombia Gorge. Dad was stationed in Astoria when he met mom. I asked him how the ships made it over the Columbia River bar when the wind kicks up. He told me they don't. There will be giant freighters waiting offshore stacked up like cordwood waiting for weather suitable enough for the giant freighter to cross the bar. In short, that's some rough. rough water. That is the reason the Coast Guard keeps a base there. Not only to keep a presence there, that's where the CG sends people to practice rough water boat handling.