PDA

View Full Version : Need complete exhaust system SBC

Hotboat
03-06-2009, 07:42 PM
I found out today that I will have to buy a complete new exhaust sytem for my Cig 20 with SBC. It had a Gil system with stainless long risers but it all had busted and is not worth repairing. What do you guys recommend? Where can I obtain the best pricing? Thanks, Dale

fasttrucker
03-07-2009, 12:36 PM
I just bought a offshore super sport system(complete kit) by hardin marine...alum manifolds and s.s. riser.They are on sale for $995 at www.cpperformance.com I needed the a diffferent model for my capt.choice which was $1195.But they gave me the sale price deal just ask.You can spend more if you want to and..go to a ..... stainless marine system I think they are around $1600.

lee
03-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Have a complete sbc exhaust system headers risers thermostat housing just pick up and make a donation ti the registery. Switched ti stainless marine

Lenny
03-07-2009, 10:16 PM
I also have your old GIL set-up and tailpipes. Complete, from SBC, manifolds, stainless risers, Corsa exhaust tips.

The CORSA's are NEW.

$250. plus shipping

Hotboat
03-08-2009, 07:24 AM
Thanks guys, I am really looking to purchase a new set. I am building a rather pricey engine and really do not want to take a chance on used exhaust. I would have sworn mine were good but when they were pressure tested --- it was a different story. I like the Hardin Marine, Ediide Marine and Stainless Marine. Anyone have satisfaction or problems out of any of these? Who has the best pricing?

txtaz
03-08-2009, 08:04 AM
I can vouch for Stainless Marine. Good stuff.

Da Taz

osur866
03-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Ditto on stainless marine

BigGrizzly
03-08-2009, 08:34 AM
I can also comment on quality. If there was a bad set Brownie would shoot somebody. Easy fit quality stuff. As for performance, The rival the best and beat the others. The list of board member that use them is endless, with no complaints. I do not sell them but Poodle does.

The Hedgehog
03-08-2009, 09:27 AM
I would echo what these guys say on SM.

If you want to spend some bucks for the bling then CMI has a system.

fogducker III
03-08-2009, 10:17 AM
I recently got a set of SM, excellent quality, they are installed and I have tested connections etc on the hose but not had it out yet with the new pipes, will let you know. The ONLY thing I was not sure about are the "plastic/composite" hose fittings........but those are easy to swap....;)

STAY AWAY from Eddie Marine! I bought a set of their pipes for my 383, over-priced, poor finish, not the best fit and customer service is non-existent. I had to re-tap all the hole threads, they had "cooked" the paint into the threads on the manifolds. They even "forgot" to send a couple of small parts and when I contacted them they told me I would have to pay for the shipping...........:puke:I got the parts elsewhere...........

cvx
03-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Bought a set from EMI last year for my 406 and needed custom risers, when they arrived one fit perfect, the other was 3/4" to high. However,they did work with me and made the revisions at their expense. I did have to tap the threads also, and mine were polished, so paint wasn't an issue, must be a problem with QC.