PDA

View Full Version : Together forever

Conquistador_del_mar
03-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Deanna and I decided to marry after having been together for over 13 years. We have been together for so long that we even think alike. She is one of the best individuals I have ever met. We got married on Tuesday, March 3,2009 after putting it off for many years. After having the local JP perform the marriage, filing the paperwork with our local county clerk, and taking a few pictures together, we took her dog, Bear, out on Lake Texoma for the afternoon. It was a spectacular day we enjoyed together which started with a mockingbird 10' away from us, singing to us as we left Deanna's house to get married - . Here are a few pictures. In the first picture, where we are holding the marriage certificate, we decided to wear the very outfits that we wore on our first blind date on February 22, 1996 for our wedding day - we thought that would be fun. The picture of Deanna in the Texas bluebonnets is maybe my favorite picture of her that I took 13 years ago here in Denison. I found an arrowhead that I left in situ for the picture while we were out on Tuesday that Deanna dubbed "our weddinghead" - lol. Just thought I would share this news. Bill

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj316/Conquistador_del_mar/P1010003.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj316/Conquistador_del_mar/BillandDeanna-December2006.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj316/Conquistador_del_mar/Deannacloseup.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj316/Conquistador_del_mar/03-03-09_1706.jpg

Kirbyvv
03-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Congratulations!!! A soul mate is great to find.

Just Say N20
03-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Congratulations! :yippie:

I'm impressed that you could fit into your clothes from 1996! :D

gcarter
03-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Congratulations, and after 13 years, about time!!!;);)

HOWARD O
03-05-2009, 12:13 PM
That's GREAT, congratulations! She's a very pretty lady, Bill!

Just remember, none of us deserve our better halves! Lord know I don't anyway.......

Thanks for sharing! Wishing you many, many more years of the same! :yes:

The Hedgehog
03-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Congrads!

Conquistador_del_mar
03-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Thanks, guys!
George, when you mentioned "about time", there was a puzzle that Deanna answered on Wheel of Fortune 5 years ago that reminded me of that. When she knew the puzzle, she put her hand on her hip and said it like a POed mother - "Well, its about time". Pat Sayjack said it was one of the best renditions of solving a puzzle he had heard. She won $42,500 that day with the solving of the bonus round "shaved ice", and I got to get on stage to congratulate her. When she introduced me as her "honey, Bill", Pat Sayjack turned to shake my hand and said "Hi, honey Bill" - lol. That got to be my name after that day - lol. Bill

Ghost
03-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Congratulations! (And BTW, if anyone gives you a hard time about the timing, send 'em my way. I got married last year, and we had waited a few years longer than you two. Cautious expansion pays. ;))

gcarter
03-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks, guys!
George, when you mentioned "about time", there was a puzzle that Deanna answered on Wheel of Fortune 5 years ago that reminded me of that. When she knew the puzzle, she put her hand on her hip and said it like a POed mother - "Well, its about time". Pat Sayjack said it was one of the best renditions of solving a puzzle he had heard. She won $42,500 that day with the solving of the bonus round "shaved ice", and I got to get on stage to congratulate her. When she introduced me as her "honey, Bill", Pat Sayjack turned to shake my hand and said "Hi, honey Bill" - lol. That got to be my name after that day - lol. Bill
That's a good story Bill.

HOWARD O
03-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Cautious expansion pays. ;))

Boy, if I ran that term past my wife, there'd be hell to pay! But I love it!

Love the Wheel of Fortune story! I was almost on The Price is Right.....but the bubbly blonde right in front of me was chosen. She won a new Jeep too! I was an angry 19 year old!

Pat Sayjack is a cool guy......and a good conservative too! hehe....... :D

You going on a real honeymoon, Honey Bill??? :cistineb:

Tell your wife that she honestly doesn't look a day older than that blue bonnet photo! You probably do though......

Ghost
03-05-2009, 03:03 PM
(As an aside, weird worlds are colliding. I live near Pat Sajak, and when I was 19, a very close buddy of mine won about 50k on Wheel of Fortune college week, including a Jeep. I had to clear that up because this thread was confusing ME otherwise. ;))

And now back to our regularly scheduled matrimonial bliss...

Barry Eller
03-05-2009, 03:09 PM
I love weddings...had 3 of my own...
the Honeymoon part is fun too!!!
Congratulations and Best Wishes!!!

86fxst
03-05-2009, 05:21 PM
:yippie:Congrats! The road is so much easier to navigate with a life-partner!

Lenny
03-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Fabulous news :yes: Congrats :yes:

All the best, Lenny and Deneen. :D

(by the way, what are you doing putting up a "happy post" with no gloom and doom. I don't know how to react here ;)

CHACHI
03-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Congratulations! :yippie:

I'm impressed that you could fit into your clothes from 1996! :D

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Congrats to both of you.

Ken

Conquistador_del_mar
03-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks again, guys - really!

I'm not impressed, I'm jealous..
Congrats on the marriage. As noted above, your soul mate is not easy to find, looks like you have.
From the pics, looks like you have once again proved that us Donzi guys seem to marry MUCH better than our spouses.. ;) :)

I would have to agree that I am lucky - actually we tell that to each other - we are lucky to have found each other. It was a blind date, too!

Love the Wheel of Fortune story! I was almost on The Price is Right.....but the bubbly blonde right in front of me was chosen. She won a new Jeep too! I was an angry 19 year old!

Pat Sayjack is a cool guy......and a good conservative too! hehe....... :D

You going on a real honeymoon, Honey Bill??? :cistineb:

Tell your wife that she honestly doesn't look a day older than that blue bonnet photo! You probably do though......

We don't plan a real honeymoon, but we will take a trip later this year that will count as one. Yep, I am 11 years older than Deanna and I have aged much more than she has over the 13 years, but I will tell her what you said. By the way, Pat Sajak (I spelled it wrong) is a hoot - he is very witty and a fun guy. Deanna and Vanna White looked great beside each other at the end of the show. Bill

Fabulous news :yes: Congrats :yes:

All the best, Lenny and Deneen. :D

(by the way, what are you doing putting up a "happy post" with no gloom and doom. I don't know how to react here ;)

Sorry about not toning it down a little - lol. I am actually very concerned about the future US, but I keep most of it to myself. Thanks, Bill

Ed Donnelly
03-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Good; She finally made an honest man out of you........Ed

superhatz
03-06-2009, 02:18 AM
Congrats Bill!.....my girlfriend left me after 5 years....:newzealand:

mike o
03-06-2009, 07:12 AM
Nice...happy for U - 2

HOWARD O
03-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Gee Bill, I didn't mean to imply that you didn't look great too! And I purposely didn't bring up Vanna White since it was your marriage thread, but now that you did.......I'd like to..........ahhh nevermind! ;)

Conquistador_del_mar
03-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Congrats Bill!.....my girlfriend left me after 5 years....:newzealand:

Aaron,
I hope you were prepared for your girlfriend leaving; otherwise, I hope you find your soul mate while out boating in the Magnum this summer. Trying to plant a seed here - :rolleyes:

Gee Bill, I didn't mean to imply that you didn't look great too! And I purposely didn't bring up Vanna White since it was your marriage thread, but now that you did.......I'd like to..........ahhh nevermind! ;)

Howard,
Laughing here. I didn't mean my feelings were hurt - I just was going to tell Deanna that you and some other guys here thought she is pretty (and I have aged more - it gives me more character anyway - lol). She is not very confident about her appearance so a compliment never hurts.
Now that we brought up Vanna, you might get a kick out of this. After the show was taped that day at the Sony studio and we were talking, Deanna said she was surprised that she could see Vanna's "breasties" through her outfit. Needless to say (as I believe any red blooded man would respond), "How much did you actually see?" - Deanna said, "I could see them like she was not wearing the dress". Apparently, Vanna had gone sans bra that day, but the lighting did not allow seeing through her outfit like being right next to her. :odie:
I should add that Vanna is a very cool woman. Before the show started, she came into the contestant's room to introduce herself and wish them luck while wearing bluejeans - her street clothes. Thanks again, Bill

yeller
03-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Congrats!!! Single best thing I ever did was get married.

BigGrizzly
03-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Bill this is great news. I have been married 21 years and love it, we also had a fairly long live together. I not going to say it is the best thing I ever did but it really is the best thing I ever did.

Conquistador_del_mar
03-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Thanks again, guys!

Bill this is great news. I have been married 21 years and love it, we also had a fairly long live together. I not going to say it is the best thing I ever did but it really is the best thing I ever did.

Randy,
Not that it really matters, but we still don't live together. What? Is that something we should consider - lol. I'm glad to hear that there are quite a few happily married guys here. Bill

cutwater
05-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Congrats Bill! That's great to hear. Sorry I'm behind on all the news!