PDA

View Full Version : Bravo I 28 prop

JustMercMe
03-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Anybody ever run a Bravo 1 28 pitch on a BBC 22 Classic? If so how does it do?

BigGrizzly
03-03-2009, 01:31 PM
I have but I did not like it. Others do and they like it. It is one of the props that has different reactions on different boats. the 28 feels different then the 27, I do not know why, just useless hearsay. Try it you can never tell.

roadtrip se
03-03-2009, 01:53 PM
the Bravo Boyz jump on this wagon.

I've run three of them and each was different. MP hit it, lab work is what made them all do different things. Running a shortie, the stock prop ran way too flat and had a whole bunch of stern lift.

Once I finish up with my rehab work, I intend to start exploring this one again.

Air 22
03-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Anybody ever run a Bravo 1 28 pitch on a BBC 22 Classic? If so how does it do?
Yes...A labbed 28 tuned@ Mercury Racing..:D Worked great w my 502:newzealand:
Numbers w a Stock 502 Full hyd steering...
Pitch 27(Labbed 28) Gear Ratio 1.5 Eng RPM 4800 Actual Speed 74gps Slip 10%
The most impressive thing about the Bravo Props I've found was the overall handling chracteristics are awsome. Rough water the boat flew level(..and not because im a pilot...lol):) No blow-out in turns...and exceptional acceleration with a kickass mid-range bite:drive::D
Now I'm waiting to test it with the new re-power HP500EFI...:) I will post #'s hopefully by the end of March...
All things being equal a labbed 28 is a 27 non-labbed prop...I have a 26P Labbed Bravo I from Mercury Racing also if ur interested. Prop is in new condition awaiting a new home. PM me if interested..;) Test and test some more until u r happy:)

osur866
03-03-2009, 05:36 PM
the Bravo Boyz jump on this wagon.

I've run three of them and each was different. MP hit it, lab work is what made them all do different things. Running a shortie, the stock prop ran way too flat and had a whole bunch of stern lift.

Once I finish up with my rehab work, I intend to start exploring this one again.
I will be bringing one with me AOTH for you to try.

osur866
03-03-2009, 05:40 PM
I run a labbed 28 bravo 1 that has had bow lift added to it with some cup put into it that I run on my 18 with shorty, not my fastest prop but has a nice cruise. Steve

Carl C
03-03-2009, 06:02 PM
I run the Mercury Racing (labbed) version and like it.

JustMercMe
03-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the replies guys! Just been looking into em and finding you can get em pretty cheap used....Figured a 28 would be a good starting platform.

Carl C
03-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the replies guys! Just been looking into em and finding you can get em pretty cheap used....Figured a 28 would be a good starting platform.

Might be a little much on a stock boat. Mine was until I added the shorty. If you are on salt water you may be OK.

JustMercMe
03-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Love the new name for the 22 BTW, appropriate, very appropriate!

Thanks Poodle....I kinda thought so too.

It was either that or "Once Bitten, Twice Shy"......Working on the lettering style right now. Trying to get a good "Shelby" style lettering. I'll post it when I get the design finished.....