PDA

View Full Version : Donziweasel and Mike O

Conquistador_del_mar
03-03-2009, 12:45 AM
You are the first two guys I thought about when someone sent me this video today.

A snow mobile of yesterday (circa 1910-1915)......really neat !! Probably would have worked on Desert Sand too.
This is neat, there are two of them at the mining museum in Butte Montana . They are on Fordson Tractors.
This is a really neat video of a tractor-snow mobile type machine invented by Henry Ford..
Watch the whole thing. It's a video copy of an old film that doesn't have sound...but it's pretty neat.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,213971.0/topicseen.html

mike o
03-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Wow totally interesting, thanks. Looks like the tracks are made of huge logs. Snowmobiling is my other addiction for sure. I just came back a few days ago from a 1761 mile, 10 day trip to Maine, Quebec and New Brunswick. Pics are from the wintry splendid beauty of the Gaspie peninsular in PQ., 15-20 ft of snow. 4th time around this place. I left Mr. Miami back at the ice shack.:D:D:D

mike o
03-03-2009, 09:20 AM
My crew still hasn't recovered from the visit from Mr. Miami's delivery team :) :)

But I suuuure have been enjoying breakfast :) :). Better stock up, said on the local news this theres a huge shortage with the world wide demand for the tree juice and the price is gonna double next year. But, I have a confession to make.http://www.mrsbutterworthsyrup.com/...:jestera::jestera::jestera:. Ya , Its true.:D:D.

BigGrizzly
03-03-2009, 02:15 PM
very cool.

Donziweasel
03-04-2009, 12:10 PM
That is like the coolest thing I have ever seen......;) I can't believe how well that thing does in powder.

Thanks very much for the link.....

Howard, I am with ya. Just got back from a 3 day backcountry trip with 7 buddies. Simply amazing. Rode deep powder, up huge mountains, stayed in a lodge 30 miles in the backcountry.........

Ghost
03-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Totally cool! Who wouldn't love dual Dr. Evil Vulcan Drill drives?

mike o
03-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Yep, one clever old timer that put that buggy together.:drive:

Conquistador_del_mar
03-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Wow totally interesting, thanks. Looks like the tracks are made of huge logs. Snowmobiling is my other addiction for sure. I just came back a few days ago from a 1761 mile, 10 day trip to Maine, Quebec and New Brunswick. Pics are from the wintry splendid beauty of the Gaspie peninsular in PQ., 15-20 ft of snow. 4th time around this place. I left Mr. Miami back at the ice shack.:D:D:D

That is like the coolest thing I have ever seen......;) I can't believe how well that thing does in powder.

Thanks very much for the link.....

Howard, I am with ya. Just got back from a 3 day backcountry trip with 7 buddies. Simply amazing. Rode deep powder, up huge mountains, stayed in a lodge 30 miles in the backcountry.........

I figured you guys would get a kick out of the "snowmobile" like I did. I had never seen or heard of anything like it before. It actually got me thinking about a water use for something like that screw drive - lol. Bill

mike o
03-04-2009, 07:54 PM
I figured you guys would get a kick out of the "snowmobile" like I did. I had never seen or heard of anything like it before. It actually got me thinking about a water use for something like that screw drive - lol. Bill. Like in a jules verne movie...:tv: