PDA

View Full Version : So ya got a little snow down south in did ya?

mike o
03-02-2009, 05:41 PM
We got some too.:kingme::kingme::kingme: Had a 2 hr school delay, had to shovel out the school bus.:kingme:

The Hedgehog
03-02-2009, 05:49 PM
They closed our schools today. By the time I got back yesterday most of the snow out in the open had melted. Real spotty here. We probably go 2-3 inches at the house and some higher places on the other side on the county and one county over got up to 10" You would probably have had to find one of the remote chasms that drops off the Cumberland Plateau to find much today. I thought about taking the Jeep out to look for that but had an afternoon conference call.

We are snow wusses down here.

Air 22
03-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Fun day.....:p

The Hedgehog
03-03-2009, 07:52 AM
I think that I will grab my Lab and run over to the plateau.

mike o
03-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Yep,:odie: Kids love the white stuff. Up here, ya can complain all winter....or have fun with it.:D

HOWARD O
03-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Not only am I too embarassed to show you the little dusting we received, all gone now of course. But really embarassed to say WE had a 2 hour school delay too, because there "may" be black ice on the roads! This place just shuts down at the THREAT of any snow, much less the actual snow!

mattyboy
03-03-2009, 10:01 AM
nothing to sweep away the cabin fever than a good belly laugh watching the news when you southern boys get a lil sno and ice we might tawk funny but you guys drive funny in the slippery stuff

not all of these are from the south but some are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxwgHGCrrS4&NR=1

Ghost
03-03-2009, 10:16 AM
We got between 6 and 8. Got to try out the new 4WD (very) briefly. Didn't need it with the tires I have, but tried just for a laugh.

justleft
03-03-2009, 01:46 PM
We had about 3 or 4 of real heavy wet stuff. Lots of down trees, lost power from 11 pm to 6 am.

Took the bronco II (duff) out and exercised the 4wd. Had a gas, completely crammed the underside full of ice and snow. :tooth:
Couldn't drive it this morning, it wouldn't turn, all of the snow on the underside is now completely solid ice !!

But they are saying 70 degrees (above zero) on Fri and Sat.

Time to work on the boat :p

HOWARD O
03-03-2009, 02:00 PM
nothing to sweep away the cabin fever than a good belly laugh watching the news when you southern boys get a lil sno and ice we might tawk funny but you guys drive funny in the slippery stuff
not all of these are from the south but some are
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxwgHGCrrS4&NR=1

SoCal was absolutely the worst I've seen. Often times chains were required up the mountain roads during a snow and I would bet that over half the Honda drivers had their chains installed on the rear tires. Even with chains on the drive wheels, it was quite a show.

That's a funny video!

Last Tango
03-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Okay, all you Northerners (Anyone north of the Florida/Georgia Border). I went boating last Saturday. And I'm going again this coming weekend.

Just sayin'

The Hedgehog
03-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Okay, all you Northerners (Anyone north of the Florida/Georgia Border). I went boating last Saturday. And I'm going again this coming weekend.
Just sayin'

Actually we consider folks south of I-10 to be Northerners too:jestera:

Not that there is anything wrong with that!

f_inscreenname
03-03-2009, 04:18 PM

Just sayin'

We will have to remind you of this in July.http://www.supernova19.com/forumcw/Smileys/classic/hot.gif

It's been so cold here that the lake has re-froze hard enough to stand on from being water in 36 hours. And that's brackish water. When the snow on the roof of my van (dark maroon) melts it refreezes into long icicles before it hits the ground.

Cuda
03-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Just sayin'
Last Saturday was an exception. I didn't see anyone boating in Jax today, when I crossed the Buckman Bridge. It was 32 here this morning.