PDA

View Full Version : Houston, the Last Real Texan has landed....

Donziweasel
03-01-2009, 06:43 AM
Wasn't hard to find Bryan, just looked for a 6 ft 5 inch guy with a 5 ft wife at baggage claim. Tex is all settled in and ready to have a great week in Jackson Hole. Spent the afternoon with him showing him the lay of the land in Jackson. Very nice guy and family. His 4 year old is a really great kid, he was ready to ski as soon as they got off the plane....

Last Real Texan
03-01-2009, 09:01 AM
Wasn't hard to find Bryan, just looked for a 6 ft 5 inch guy with a 5 ft wife at baggage claim. Tex is all settled in and ready to have a great week in Jackson Hole. Spent the afternoon with him showing him the lay of the land in Jackson. Very nice guy and family. His 4 year old is a really great kid, he was ready to ski as soon as they got off the plane....
Well Weezle ...... Thanks for the kind words, and yes my son is ready to go! I must say we are hooked up beyond belief here, the Weezle has gone the over the top with everything he arranged for us. Jackson and the Teton Villiage are sights to behold and the mountain range here is simply spectacular with valley floor meeting the mountains really give a fantastic contrast to the typical Colorado mountain setting.
Back on the east coast Hedgehog and I have a guy we call the mayor because of his connections. Well the Weezle has officially become the "Western Mayor".
Thanks for everything Weezle and we will see you on wed. Have a great backcountry trip and be safe.
Tex

The Hedgehog
03-01-2009, 09:30 AM

He does have a great kid. You can tell that they treat him like a real person.

You will all have a big time. Keep us back over here posted. Just not too much. I hate to miss out on that much fun.

Last Real Texan
03-02-2009, 07:06 PM
what a freakin awesome day. Epic conditions and the kid took to ski school like fish to water. I'd post some pic. But I am using an iPhone to post so no joy. Got to do some hard skiing today with the wife since the munchkin was in ski school. Now time for some cocktails. Oh by the way the Mangy Moose rocks!!!

Tex in Wyoming

The Hedgehog
03-02-2009, 08:09 PM
email me the pics and I will post them Mr Obonga. I am very jealous

Donziweasel
03-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Just got back, great 3 day backcountry snowmobiling trip. Sounds like you are having fun. How do you like Jackson?

I will call ya in the AM, maybe dinner tommorrow night?

Donziweasel with Tex in Wyoming.

Last Real Texan
03-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Just got back, great 3 day backcountry snowmobiling trip. Sounds like you are having fun. How do you like Jackson?
I will call ya in the AM, maybe dinner tommorrow night?
Donziweasel with Tex in Wyoming.
sounds good Carter is in ski school and we are going to ski hard so dinner sounds good!!!!

Tex in Wyoming

BigGrizzly
03-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Tex, If it warms up when you get back you need to summerize that boat. We will talk when you return. Have fyn

Last Real Texan
03-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Tex, If it warms up when you get back you need to summerize that boat. We will talk when you return. Have fyn
Already done. Just need to put the new hatch cover on and go prop testing.......

Tex on frozen snow waiting for the moose to cross the road

The Hedgehog
03-04-2009, 07:32 PM
So I am sitting on a conference call this evening and this is what I get from Tex!

Ok, after tonight the last of the snow will have melted from my deck. I guess that I can go to the plateau or the top of Ben Lomand mountain tomorrow to look at snow and think about how good it is at JH!

On a good note, I went over to Center Hill today and things were starting to buzz around there. I got to check out the progress on Mike's (who lurks on this site) 22. It was looking nice. I paid homage to the X and the ZX then took my trailer to Harry's for new brakes.

I was feeling so sporty about springtime I bought a huge magnolia tree and had it planted in my yard. On the way back from paying for it, I promptly busted the locker in my CJ-7. Oh well, at least I did not bust it when I was playing in the mountains a couple of weekends ago.

Maybe tomorrow I can strip and prime the hood of the CJ as a consolation prize

Donziweasel
03-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Looks like Tex is going to get some powder while he is here. Calling for 5-10 tonight and snow the rest of the week. Going to take them snowmobiling to a natural hotspring for a soak after they go dog sledding on Friday. Rough life, right?