PDA

View Full Version : A very very sad day in Jackson Hole......

Donziweasel
02-28-2009, 09:16 AM
I was coming home last night and saw Search and Rescue and Sherrifs all over a place I snowmobile called Wolf Creek. I stopped to ask what had happened. A sherriff told me a huge avalanche had gotten 4 snowmobilers. One had climbed out to make a call. As I snowmobile up there all the time, they wanted me to guide them in. The guy who survived had climbed up to ridge and had called on a cell phone. He told them he was at Monument and Search and Rescue did not know where that was. I couldn't go, but gave them directions which they relayed to a helicopter.

This morning in the paper it said that 3 had died. I am still trying to figure out if I know them..........

http://www.jhguide.com/article.php?art_id=4304

BigGrizzly
02-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Now stay SAFE, you have a family coming.

Donziweasel
02-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Now stay SAFE, you have a family coming.

One of the reasons I didn't want to lead the Search and Rescue party in. 50% of the time a Search and Rescue operation is in effect, additional slides are triggered.........

The Hedgehog
02-28-2009, 12:06 PM
One of the reasons I didn't want to lead the Search and Rescue party in. 50% of the time a Search and Rescue operation is in effect, additional slides are triggered.........

Be safe, you and I have talked about having to worry about friends in this sort of situation.

BTW, Tex and the folks from Atlanta will be late because of weather. They are off the ground now though. I sent Tex a pm to congradulate him on the new avatar and was surprised that he was still on the ground.

Cuda
02-28-2009, 01:08 PM
My cousin just got here a couple weeks ago from Oregon. It's has been the worst winter there in my mom's memory (she was born in Portland). Dano took the I-40 route. Good thing he left when he did. Parts of I-5 through California were closed due to snow. He just left my house about an hour ago, and he still had snow in his cooler where he opened his cooler at the Grand Canyon! Mom called her cousin (mom's 75) and her cousin said this was the very last winter he would spend in Oregon, because he's tire of the white chit! And he lives in the Willamete Valley which get's a whole lot less snow than the rest of the state. It wasn't hard to talk Dano into coming here to work for me again!

I couldn't imagine the snow in Jackson Hole, and I've been there!
Above all, stay safe, if not for yourself, do it for Boo.