PDA

View Full Version : what a great morning

mattyboy
02-28-2009, 07:47 AM
well the sun is shining, spring is in the air things are looking up.
and before the DOOM AND GLOOM GUYS HAVE A CHANCE TO RUIN TODAY.

get out enjoy life and today while you can look at the bright side.
you have a boat go look at it or work on it, got a family,a friend see what's up with them

seeing as i only have a toon in my yard i am going to see a donzi friend and look at a go fast in someone elses yard.

can't think of a better way to spend a late winter saturday ;)

but for those you just can't seem to see the silver lining , please have the cheese and crackers ready when i get back later to go with all your whining ;) :tongue:

boxy
02-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Sun's shining, half our snow melted yesterday, heading to the barn with Hannah, then to a listing presentation, then back home for some beer and river hockey with the neighbours......

Thnaks for the thread Matty.

Ghost
02-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Hoping to finish most of my truck break-in, deliver a couple of birthday presents, clean a gutter or two, take a run, and sit down for a card game with the boys. Spring's just around the corner...

BigGrizzly
02-28-2009, 09:43 AM
It is raining here this is a GOOD thing the lake will be up 2 to 3 feet, Working on a friend's son's pine wood Derby wheels and axels, teaching the kid to use a lathe. Then working on the Criterion in my shop.:yes::yes: Life is good.:yes::yes::yes:

Carl C
02-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Good morning, Matt. It's a beautiful day here in metro Detroit too, even if kinda cold.:)

chappy
02-28-2009, 09:56 AM
I see a leverage application in my future today. After I get the winter dust off of her.:kingme:

Favorite movie quote from Scarface, "Every day above ground is a good day".:yes:

Ed Donnelly
02-28-2009, 10:08 AM
I woke up...........Lifes good..............Ed

gcarter
02-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Matt, good morning! :cool!:

Ed, watch me.......if something happens here, start thinking about things.
Until then, life is good and stop worrying. :yes:

Ghost
02-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Perhaps a twist on Decartes: "I am, therefore I am thankful."

(I should probably push that on myself. In a world of glass-half-empty or glass-half-full types, I suspect the glass is made in China from shoddy materials that are leeching toxins into my "precious bodily fluids.")

jl1962
02-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks Matty!

It's important to realize that The Sun Also Rises :yes:

Myself - I'm making skiing plans and might pick up another sailboat :boat:

Good (Donzi) hunting, amigo

If you wait for the robins, you'll miss the Spring :cool!:

Jay

osur866
02-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Woke up to 6 inches of snow and its still snowing.

Marlin275
02-28-2009, 11:14 AM
All bad news out there in the financial markets ?
Here is SOME good news.

The bullish case
Commentary: At least one index remains above its Nov. 20 low, it just happens to be the most comprehensive of all stock market averages.

http://tinyurl.com/b4cu6t

Cuda
02-28-2009, 01:12 PM
I woke up...........Lifes good..............Ed
Here here! Everyday on this side of the dirt, is a good day.

Best weather for Bike Week we've had since I moved here. It's 82 and sunny. What could be wrong? I vote to keep the doom and gloom to themeslves also, because I neither believe it, nor want it.

Cuda
02-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Matt, good morning! :cool!:

Ed, watch me.......if something happens here, start thinking about things.
Until then, life is good and stop worrying. :yes:

Worry is interest paid on a debt not yet owed.

Cuda
02-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Perhaps a twist on Decartes: "I am, therefore I am thankful."

(I should probably push that on myself. In a world of glass-half-empty or glass-half-full types, I suspect the glass is made in China from shoddy materials that are leeching toxins into my "precious bodily fluids.")

Either half full, or half empty, bring me another beer! :)

mattyboy
02-28-2009, 03:04 PM
yep just got back in not only got to see one go fast got to see 3 go fasts,
had a great lunch with a longtime Donzi Friend, spent a nice day with friends, met one of the partners of a Hi Po boat MFG'R got to see some impressive hardware and had a few laughs life is good
now Marie is home from work I'll take her out for a drink, let her know I didn't buy anything yet, make a nice dinner skip the evening news and maybe tom. won't be so bad either ;)

may the Lord take a liking to ya , but not too soon ;)

Cuda
02-28-2009, 04:04 PM
had a great lunch with a longtime Donzi Friend, spent a nice day with friends, met one of the partners of a Hi Po boat MFG'R got to see some impressive hardware and had a few laughs life is good
now Marie is home from work I'll take her out for a drink, let her know I didn't buy anything yet, make a nice dinner skip the evening news and maybe tom. won't be so bad either ;)
The Lord only know three answers:
Yes
Not yet
I have something better for you.

mattyboy
03-02-2009, 10:16 AM
see got to enjoy it while you can no more spring we are getting our arse kicked by another nor'easter. oh well snow snow snow

DonziJon
03-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Monday morning: I'm Half Broke, and up to my Arse in Snow and Ice again. :bonk: What's not to like? John

roadtrip se
03-02-2009, 11:15 AM

Something tells me this day may have included some offshore brands like Pantera and Stuphen. Of course, some pics would be nice for those of us that were not so priveledged to have been able to enjoy such a fine day.

But no angst here, I hope to get a report in from the Doctor sooner or later...

Thanks for setting the tone Matty...

mattyboy
03-02-2009, 12:19 PM
pics coming soon i am sure ;) i posted some pics of the sutphen already