PDA

View Full Version : Damn..............!

fogducker III
02-27-2009, 10:04 PM
So I stripped the old cooling system off as well as the exhaust system and was getting ready for the new system, Scott, it has not arrived yet, checked on line and it sat in Miami from the 19th to the 25th before it left the city...??

It is on route now and I thougt I would prepare, got all the old stuff off and the new SS thermostat housing on, problem one, three of the four hoses don't reach, will sort that out tomorrow, other than that, I am amazed at the condition of everything having been submitted to the effects of salt water, old exhaust and risers look great as well as the old thermostat housing, hoses and water passeges.......:yes:

Looking forward to the install and seeing how it all lines up..........:crossfing::popcorn:

Last Real Texan
02-27-2009, 10:22 PM
So I stripped the old cooling system off as well as the exhaust system and was getting ready for the new system, Scott, it has not arrived yet, checked on line and it sat in Miami from the 19th to the 25th before it left the city...??

It is on route now and I thougt I would prepare, got all the old stuff off and the new SS thermostat housing on, problem one, three of the four hoses don't reach, will sort that out tomorrow, other than that, I am amazed at the condition of everything having been submitted to the effects of salt water, old exhaust and risers look great as well as the old thermostat housing, hoses and water passeges.......:yes:

Looking forward to the install and seeing how it all lines up..........:crossfing::popcorn:
Looking good!

gcarter
02-28-2009, 06:18 AM
How about considering some SST motor mount bolts while they're accessable?????????

Good luck w/the project

BUIZILLA
02-28-2009, 06:27 AM
those old graphite exhaust gaskets will give you a fit...

osur866
02-28-2009, 07:19 AM
Jeremy, be a good time to change spark plugs along with the water pump impeller while the manifolds are off, wont be so easy once their back on, I'm just sayin. Steve

fogducker III
02-28-2009, 09:20 AM
How about considering some SST motor mount bolts while they're accessable?????????

Good luck w/the project

VERY good point George, I am having my morning coffee and writing my "to do" list, just added two stainless nuts, bolts and washers to the parts store list..............:wink:

fogducker III
02-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Gee, I just can't wait until the USPS goes to a 5 day workweek. Should really improve their efficiency. They told me about a week delivery, I guess that was after they brought in a crane to handle the packages..

I hope I didn't make it sound like a big deal Scott.......?

It just surprised me when I saw that you sent it the day you said, the 19th, and it was still in Miami on the 25th...........when I called them to ask why they said, "We don't guarantee on time delivery........" I actually laughed out loud over the phone and thanked them for their honesty.........:eek:

PS. I have sent the difference for shipping to you, should receive it shortly, thanks again.

fogducker III
02-28-2009, 09:26 AM
those old graphite exhaust gaskets will give you a fit...

Do you mean getting them off? Or cleaning up the area?? Or...??

fogducker III
02-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Jeremy, be at good time to change spark plugs along with the water pump impeller while the manifolds are off, wont be so easy once their back on, I'm just sayin. Steve

New plugs are in and impeller ordered yesterday afternoon.............:wink::wrench:

I am also going to give the bilge area a good cleaning and tighten and check all fastners etc............it is amazing how much room there is with just the exhausts and risers out........:yes:

Anything else you can think of while I am under there and have access?

I was thinking of pulling the starter, every once and a while when turning the ignition on there is a dead spot, I figure starter solinoid....? or perhaps a connection...? Might as well pull it and have a look while I can.

Worth getting one of those mini/micro starters?

BigGrizzly
02-28-2009, 09:36 AM
It is all good from here.

The Hedgehog
02-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Jeremy, be at good time to change spark plugs along with the water pump impeller while the manifolds are off, wont be so easy once their back on, I'm just sayin. Steve

Maybe I should change out the exhaust on the 18 so the the pump will be easier to change!

osur866
02-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Maybe I should change out the exhaust on the 18 so the the pump will be easier to change!
Exactly!! SM are easy to take off and put back on well worth the15-20 mins. than to fight them!!!! my .02

fogducker III
02-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Well I had a GREAT day today, mainly because I read Matty's post first thing this morning and kept that in my mind all day........:wink:

I got the new hoses for the cooling system, installed the thermostat housing properly, had the wrong size bolts yesterday.... replaced the blower/vent ducting, pulled the old starter, changed the plugs as well as the knock sensor and oil pressure sending unit and both water temp senders.........all these units were original and even though they worked they were in sad shape and needed replacing. I did a compression test while I changed the plugs, all holes exactly the same........:yes:

Pulled the seawater pump and going to rebuild it after I have a late lunch, picture below is the "damage" so far........boy do those counter guys at the parts store have a $hit eating grin on when I walk in.........:confused::eek:

HOWARD O
02-28-2009, 05:30 PM
........boy do those counter guys at the parts store have a $hit eating grin on when I walk in.........:confused::eek:

Anyone else around here that knows that look, raise your hand! :yes::yes::yes:

You're gettin' a lot done, Jeremy! :boat:

fogducker III
02-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Jeremy, be a good time to change spark plugs along with the water pump impeller while the manifolds are off, wont be so easy once their back on, I'm just sayin. Steve

Good call on the impeller Steve!!!!!:eek::eek:

Don't think this has been done since new from the looks of it.....:frown:

osur866
02-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Yep you where due!!