PDA

View Full Version : Was the media biased?

MOP
02-23-2009, 08:30 PM
http://www.howobamagotelected.com/index.asp

boxy
02-23-2009, 08:55 PM
MOP, at least this time you didn't tell me that this stellar member of US Society was "Well Respected" .......

After graduating from Georgetown University in 1989 with a degree in Government and a minor in Theology and Philosophy, Ziegler became a sportscaster, moving his way up to a full time position at WTOV in Ohio.[8] He left the position to write a book about high school football in Steubenville, Ohio called Dynasty of the Crossroads.[12] After the book, he took a position as a sportscaster at WRAZ in Raleigh, North Carolina but was fired in 1995 after making a joke about his belief that O.J. Simpson was guilty.[citation needed] After the firing, he spent days watching the O.J. Simpson murder trial, going into depression after the verdict was returned. Ziegler has said that during this period of depression, he "had a very, very, very serious plan to kill O.J. Simpson"[13], carrying out the justice that he felt the courts failed to uphold.[14] Ziegler revealed on his November 21, 2006 KFI broadcast that he once had a romantic relationship with Kim Goldman, sister of murder victim Ron Goldman, who has also been a frequent guest on the show commenting on topics related to O.J. Simpson.[15]

He then began a career in talk radio, working at various stations before ending up at WWTN in Nashville, Tennessee, where he was later fired after having said the word nigger on the air, in, according to Ziegler, "a rather academic discussion about the way whites and blacks view each other".[16] Ziegler has explained this event as him referencing what the boxer Mike Tyson said at a press conference, where Tyson referred to himself using that word.[17] He then began writing columns for The Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News and hosted a sports talk show on Comcast'sCN8Television Network, which later resulted in his winning a regional Emmy.[citation needed]

In 2002, wanting to return to radio, Ziegler was hired by Louisville, Kentucky radio station WHAS. Once again, his tenure did not last long, as during a Ask John Anything segment, he discussed the physical attributes, intimate attire, and genital grooming of Darcie Divita, a former Los Angeles Lakers cheerleader and WDRB morning television host with whom Ziegler had a relationship until Divita broke up with him. WHAS fired him on August 27, 2003, and Divita sued for $2,700,000, claiming libel and defamation of character. However, on May 24, 2005, Ziegler was found not liable for damages as Divita was deemed a public figure by virtue of being a television personality. The case is currently on appeal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ziegler_(talk_show_host)

Cuda
02-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Is the Pope Catholic?
Are Kenedys gun shy?
Is a pig's azz pork?

Cuda
02-23-2009, 09:18 PM
MOP, at least this time you didn't tell me that this stellar member of US Society was "Well Respected" .......
After graduating from Georgetown University in 1989 with a degree in Government and a minor in Theology and Philosophy, Ziegler became a sportscaster, moving his way up to a full time position at WTOV in Ohio.[8] He left the position to write a book about high school football in Steubenville, Ohio called Dynasty of the Crossroads.[12] After the book, he took a position as a sportscaster at WRAZ in Raleigh, North Carolina but was fired in 1995 after making a joke about his belief that O.J. Simpson was guilty.[citation needed] After the firing, he spent days watching the O.J. Simpson murder trial, going into depression after the verdict was returned. Ziegler has said that during this period of depression, he "had a very, very, very serious plan to kill O.J. Simpson"[13], carrying out the justice that he felt the courts failed to uphold.[14] Ziegler revealed on his November 21, 2006 KFI broadcast that he once had a romantic relationship with Kim Goldman, sister of murder victim Ron Goldman, who has also been a frequent guest on the show commenting on topics related to O.J. Simpson.[15]
He then began a career in talk radio, working at various stations before ending up at WWTN in Nashville, Tennessee, where he was later fired after having said the word nigger on the air, in, according to Ziegler, "a rather academic discussion about the way whites and blacks view each other".[16] Ziegler has explained this event as him referencing what the boxer Mike Tyson said at a press conference, where Tyson referred to himself using that word.[17] He then began writing columns for The Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News and hosted a sports talk show on Comcast'sCN8Television Network, which later resulted in his winning a regional Emmy.[citation needed]
In 2002, wanting to return to radio, Ziegler was hired by Louisville, Kentucky radio station WHAS. Once again, his tenure did not last long, as during a Ask John Anything segment, he discussed the physical attributes, intimate attire, and genital grooming of Darcie Divita, a former Los Angeles Lakers cheerleader and WDRB morning television host with whom Ziegler had a relationship until Divita broke up with him. WHAS fired him on August 27, 2003, and Divita sued for $2,700,000, claiming libel and defamation of character. However, on May 24, 2005, Ziegler was found not liable for damages as Divita was deemed a public figure by virtue of being a television personality.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ziegler_(talk_show_host)
I have absolutely no knowlege of what you are refering to, but as an astute boating attorney once told me; "The truth is always a valid defese".

Just Say N20
02-23-2009, 09:28 PM
So, I'm supposed to draw the inescapable conclusion from his history. . . .
that the people in the video DIDN'T say what I heard them say?

I'm supposed to believe that somehow his history makes all these talking head's statements, oh I don't know, false? You're telling me that the blatant bias of the media is somehow negated because you don't like his background?

Let me test this concept. "The sun is going to rise in the EAST tomorrow morning." Unless Ziegler said it. His background is worthy to make any statement untrue.

MOP, I don't think you can get there from here. And it scares me.

boxy
02-23-2009, 09:29 PM
I have absolutely no knowlege of what you are refering to, but as an astute boating attorney once told me; "The truth is always a valid defese".

Joe, the film maker in question makes Michael Moore seem well balanced....

Cuda
02-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Joe, the film maker in question makes Michael Moore seem well balanced....
Surely he wouldn't be biased at all,:nilly:

boxy
02-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Michael Moore is hugely biased, he wouldn't know the truth if he found it in his doughnut......

Donzi Vol
02-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Credible personal history or not, there are some good points being made here. As the majority of America is opposed to this "stimulus" package, and Obama's approval ratings are already going down, I'm trying to remember what exactly it was that made everyone so stir crazy about voting for him a couple months ago. Oh yeah...the media's hype over "change"

MOP
02-24-2009, 06:45 AM
The unbiased media is picking up this much more will come out, shame that some miss the point but at least Steve learned to cut and paste. It does take the off beat characters to exhibit the balls to bring these things out!

All part of the grand DEM plan to gain near total control, stay with the opposition to our take over! You see it happening with you own eyes no one can deny it!

boxy
02-24-2009, 07:25 AM
The unbiased media is picking up this much more will come out, shame that some miss the point but at least Steve learned to cut and paste. It does take the off beat characters to exhibit the balls to bring these things out!

All part of the grand DEM plan to gain near total control, stay with the opposition to our take over! You see it happening with you own eyes no one can deny it!

Hellllllooooo Kettle .... :D

BUIZILLA
02-24-2009, 08:02 AM
Michael Moore is hugely biased, he wouldn't know the truth if he found it in his doughnut...... he hasn't found the hole yet... at least not the correct one...:nilly: