PDA

View Full Version : Poodle.....

Donziweasel
02-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Who's Critters are those in this video of the 2007 Dustoff? Got a all blue one, and in front of it a white and blue and then you see just the rear of a third one at the end of the dock. Just curious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEVVjPShO5g

Donziweasel
02-23-2009, 05:37 PM
For that matter, who owns the yellow and black 18. Good looking boat.:)

mattyboy
02-23-2009, 06:02 PM
in 2007 there were 5 criterions there

poodle's all blue
jim's white and blue
cliff's all black
brendan's white and blue
biggriz's white and blue

not sure on the yellow and black 18 i guess i could go over the registration forms if i still have them

jl1962
02-23-2009, 06:13 PM
This 18?

Don't remember who owns it but it was pretty nice - except for the steering wheel. Got my Best in Show vote - but it didn't win.

mattyboy
02-23-2009, 06:18 PM
poodles old 18 won best in show a mint 18

ouch that's gotta hurt

john benkcozy's boat now

small world he went to school with buizilla

BUIZILLA
02-23-2009, 06:20 PM
mine's the one in the back...

mattyboy
02-23-2009, 06:24 PM
i think this is jim's boat

http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/gallery/album16/Lake_George_Saturday_Poker_Run_2007_079

Donziweasel
02-24-2009, 07:13 AM
Just trying to figure out what each one looks like and who owns it.

So, Jim, in the video, yours is in the far right corner when the camera goes to the right side? There is a guy dressed in white looking at it standing on the dock next to it? If that is yours, very nice.

Next, in front of yours, there is a a blue or black one with two people, one with a red lifevest on and one with a yellow life vest on. Who's is that?

Then, in front of that one is a blue and white one with a lady standing in the bow rider area with a camera dressed in white. There is also a very impatient looking feller at the wheel. Is that Fuzzy?

Then at the end of the dock, you can only see the stern and there is a lady with a grey shirt and white shorts standing on the dock holding a line it looks like. Something is written on the stern (Damn Donzi maybe?).

Damn, I never knew Poodle owned that blue 18. Just flat beautiful. Very very nice.

BTW, that was the yellow and black one I was talking about. Very nice.

Kirbyvv
02-24-2009, 07:26 AM
The yellow '69 18 is owned by Burt (can't remember his last name) but is a Lake George local.

mike o
02-24-2009, 07:29 AM
I belive the yellow and black 18 was for sale a little while ago if my memory serves me right.:crossfing:

BUIZILLA
02-24-2009, 08:00 AM
So, Jim, in the video, yours is in the far right corner when the camera goes to the right side? There is a guy dressed in white looking at it standing on the dock next to it? If that is yours, very nice. > that's mine, it has the airbrushed flag at the bow

Next, in front of yours, there is a a blue or black one with two people, one with a red lifevest on and one with a yellow life vest on. Who's is that? > fuzzy and Cliff in fuzzy's boat, Diane's boat is all black and didn't make it that day...

Then, in front of that one is a blue and white one with a lady standing in the bow rider area with a camera dressed in white. There is also a very impatient looking feller at the wheel. Is that Fuzzy? > no that is Brendon and wife

Then at the end of the dock, you can only see the stern and there is a lady with a grey shirt and white shorts standing on the dock holding a line it looks like. Something is written on the stern (Damn Donzi maybe?). > that is Grizz and Co.

mattyboy
02-24-2009, 08:09 AM
Griz's blue is more like poodles blue a darker shade and Jim's and Brendan's have the electric blue

cliff's and Di's is all black and also won an award for being a historic or significant boat as it is the first 22 " classic" style hull ever produced.

all very nice boats

I have a recap of the show and run in the newsletter just need to find it

here ya go

http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/newsletter/summer07news2.html

http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/newsletter/summer07news3.html

BUIZILLA
02-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Jim's and Brendan's have the electric blue
technically, it's *Lion's Blue*

mattyboy
02-24-2009, 08:38 AM
technically, it's *Lion's Blue*

yeah that color ;)

poodle's is also a criterion SS

Donziweasel
02-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Got it. I really like the Lions Blue, looks really nice, especailly the accents by the long vents on the side.

Well, they all look better than mine color wise. I like my dark blue, but all of those look really really nice.

Thanks for the info. I am started to get a handle on who owns which. I also know what Ed's and Farmer Tex's look like.

So, I know these so far-

Brendan
Cliff
Fuzzy
Jim
Grizz
Ed
Farmer Tex
Cliff
Me
McGary

Who am I missing?

mattyboy
02-24-2009, 09:04 AM
where did the one that Dualley had for sale, think it was like McGary's white with red and then there is MADDOG another SS

Donziweasel
02-24-2009, 09:12 AM
where did the one that Dualley had for sale, think it was like McGary's white with red and then there is MADDOG another SS

I know some members know. I have had this discussion with some Critter owners about the Mad Dog Critter. They are being tight lipped about it. Something about some bad blood when it was sold.

Lenny
02-24-2009, 10:01 AM
What happened to the "rope" that used to be Poodles rub rail on his old 18 ?

mattyboy
02-24-2009, 10:20 AM
What happened to the "rope" that used to be Poodles rub rail on his old 18 ?

( in my best uptight country club, rye press sipping, alligator sweater wearing voice)

umm excuuuse me we don't do rope rub rails in lake george ;) :) :tongue:

BUIZILLA
02-24-2009, 10:38 AM
you got Cliff, I mean Diane's boat listed twice

the Mad Dog should be on there, it's Brian Freeman's

you can also add the black and gray SS in Mich (Bill S knows the guy) and Edsel Ford's blue/silver in Mich too

mattyboy
02-24-2009, 11:01 AM
do we know where the one Dualley was restoring went???