PDA

View Full Version : The graph is eventually going to meet......

Donziweasel
02-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Wonder how long it will take for the little dark green line and the little light green line to meet?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx

f_inscreenname
02-23-2009, 04:58 PM
It's funny how it's 70% approval on day one. http://www.supernova19.com/forumcw/Smileys/classic/clueless.gif

The Hedgehog
02-23-2009, 05:41 PM
If he wants to restore confidence to the market he could pull out a bunch of the fluff in the stimulas bill. That would show a little of that so called bipartisanship and gain credibility from the Republicans who feel that this whole thing was rammed down their throat. Dispelling some of the myths about the function of tarp money would help too. Yes, some of it is uncalled for but the public's misconception of how both are supposed to function is probably worse.

Take care of both of those and a bunch of the auto industry will recover. And no, I am not saying ignore the auto situation.

rtgogo
02-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Wonder how long it will take for the little dark green line and the little light green line to meet?

If all constants remain the same....90 days max....

BlownCrewCab
02-24-2009, 06:15 AM
I think after they (the lines) Converge, they will keep course and Diverge and he'll have a nice looking X.

gcarter
02-24-2009, 07:24 AM
This is how the "Apologist of Record" spins the same data;

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/24/us/politics/24poll.html?_r=1&th&emc=th

BUIZILLA
02-24-2009, 08:08 AM
the NY Times/CBS News must be polling guppies in a fish pond, as there is NO supporting documentation elsewhere for their *opinions* of record

Donziweasel
02-24-2009, 09:03 AM
I think after they (the lines) Converge, they will keep course and Diverge and he'll have a nice looking X.

I think you are on to something there.......:wink:

Donziweasel
02-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Hmmmm.....the graph is 3% closer in one day. I don't think it will take long to meet.

Should we start a poll? I say 6 weeks.

Ghost
02-24-2009, 10:28 PM
January 2010.

Donzi Vol
02-24-2009, 10:35 PM
August. It won't happen before summer because people are going to try to remain hopeful until summer comes along. If all holds constant until August, the graphs will meet as summer winds down.

That's my 2 cents. And I believe that the winner of the poll should win 2 cents since that's what we're operating on here :lookaroun:

Cuda
02-25-2009, 05:03 AM
Any body catch Lou Dobbs trying explain the alien amnesty? He couldn't keep a straight face.

BlownCrewCab
02-25-2009, 06:07 AM
[quote=MadPoodle;497164]Only in TN are folks still hopeful..

1/2 of them don't even know we got a new president.

BUIZILLA
02-25-2009, 06:23 AM
it'll be all Bush's fault until Aug 2009....

then it'll be all Oby's fault..... with a LOT of help from the 4 stooges > Pelosi, Reid, Dodd, Frank

Ghost
02-25-2009, 11:28 AM
August. It won't happen before summer because people are going to try to remain hopeful until summer comes along. If all holds constant until August, the graphs will meet as summer winds down.

That's my 2 cents. And I believe that the winner of the poll should win 2 cents since that's what we're operating on here :lookaroun:

I think this is very astute analysis.

I went with a different cusp, thinking that through August, we'll see the die-hards on the left still get away with blaming everything on Bush, saying Obama's snake oil just needs time to work.

I figured on a longer timeline, with people trying to enjoy the holidays, and with a poor Christmas, followed by apocalyptic Q4 earnings reports, finally forcing the bull$hit shine off the new penny.

BTW, I am thinking about just moving to TN if you good people will have me.

Donzi Vol
02-25-2009, 05:03 PM
BTW, I am thinking about just moving to TN if you good people will have me.

You're more than welcome here in God's Country! You'll just have to get used to drinking plenty of sweet tea and eating grits :wink:

Donzi Vol
02-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Only in TN are folks still hopeful..

Maybe a better word would have been 'delusional'. Better?

The Hedgehog
02-25-2009, 05:27 PM
You're more than welcome here in God's Country! You'll just have to get used to drinking plenty of sweet tea and eating grits :wink:

And beer!

Tn is God's Country and a nice place to live. Its one of my favorite states. I guess it is a good thing because I live here now. And no, there are a number of folks here that don't really know we have a new President. I like that these days.

Ghost
02-25-2009, 05:41 PM

And beer!

Tn is God's Country and a nice place to live. Its one of my favorite states. I guess it is a good thing because I live here now. And no, there are a number of folks here that don't really know we have a new President. I like that these days.

Excellent! My mom's side of the family is from NC, so I was raised on sweet tea and grits, two of my favorites til this day. And beer, don't even get me started--I drink, buy, and brew it (not necessarily in that order). :)

Ghost
02-25-2009, 05:52 PM
BTW, back to the poll, I heard something interesting from a pollster today. Apparently std procedure is to guide polls based on Dem, Rep, Ind status. (Ask for favorable or unfavorable opinion of the politician, and also whether you ID yourself with Dems, Reps, or Inds. Then use the known percentage of each category to adjust whose answers you count.)

Per the professional pollster, all the recent Obama poll approving, has been using 3 week old or more data about the known percentages of who IDs himself as a Dem, Rep, or Ind.

The pollster said that he has measured, however, and this is incredibly skewed in the very recent term, because either:

19% of the populace who now ID themselves as Ind were IDing themselves as Dems just 3 weeks ago.
Or 19% of those who identified themselves as Dems 3 weeks ago now ID themselves as Ind.
(I couldn't rewind the radio to be sure which it was.)

Either way, he said, all the current polls are not taking this into account, and are thus undercounting the Obama disapproval numbers by glossing over a lot of folks who are now putting themselves in the Indy bucket, almost all of whom have unfavorable views of Obama (the very reason they moved themselves to the Indy bucket from the Dem bucket.)

I'm not a pollster, so this data and analysis is ALL from a guy who is a professional pollster, and not from me, but I thought this was interesting.

The Hedgehog
02-25-2009, 05:53 PM
Excellent! My mom's side of the family is from NC, so I was raised on sweet tea and grits, two of my favorites til this day. And beer, don't even get me started--I drink, buy, and brew it (not necessarily in that order). :)

You will do just fine. I forgot you were a fellow brewer.

Did I mention that we a bunch of great lakes.

Cuda
02-25-2009, 10:02 PM

Fried catfish and chees grits will mak me hurt myself. :)

BigGrizzly
02-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Cuda, GAS-X will solve a lot of your problem.