PDA

View Full Version : depth finder install for 28zx

zxlarry
02-22-2009, 05:45 PM
my 2000 28zx did not come with a depth finder. I was think of adding one, doesanyone know were the factory installed sensor is mounted?

Last Real Texan
02-22-2009, 06:05 PM
my 2000 28zx did not come with a depth finder. I was think of adding one, doesanyone know were the factory installed sensor is mounted?
Mine is mounted in the engine compartment and dash down and to the right ...I think the ideal place for the sender is up under the front step in the forward bildge...These boats have a bottom coreing and it requires you to drill into the coring and countersink the sender head. Also if you do not place it in clean water the steps will disrupt water flow and it will only read at idle speeds....Where in Ga are you?

Tex

zxlarry
02-22-2009, 07:07 PM
how do i access the fwd bilge? who makes a good sensor/ guage package?....savannah ga

Trueser
02-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Just above the cabin step. Not a bunch of room to get into.

Are you attending AOTH this year?

fasttrucker
02-23-2009, 11:26 AM
I mounted mine in the engine compartment.It does not read unless your going slow.Easy to install.

zxlarry
02-25-2009, 06:46 PM
well I was thinking about mounting in the eng compartment, lets face it if I am in shallow waters I would be going slow anyway. but now I will try to access it from the step area. just have to find where the fwd bilge pump is

Last Real Texan
02-25-2009, 07:11 PM
well I was thinking about mounting in the eng compartment, lets face it if I am in shallow waters I would be going slow anyway. but now I will try to access it from the step area. just have to find where the fwd bilge pump is
Should be a access port under the step as you go in the cabin...open it up and reach inside and feel around...oh better yet use a flashlight and take a peek before sticking your hand into a fiberglass prickly nest...

Not really sure on the post 200 boats but worth a look.

Where in Sav are you and where do you put in, my inlaws are there. When I am down there we use the Port wentwoth ramp amd run down from there. If we are staying on the beach we use Lazaretto creek if the tide allows...We'll have to get together and go over to Hilton Head and grab a bite to eat or even better go over to Defusky.... I have also made the trip down to Cumberland Island once before on the ouside it's a quick trip if it's calm...This was before fuel became an issue for me, Tought to find 93 on the water down there. Lots of fun to have in the area! just nota lot of performance boats.

Tex

fasttrucker
02-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Let us know if it works!