PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Aronow 22 repo in blue...

roadtrip se
02-21-2009, 03:09 PM
http://www.yachtauctions.com/detail.asp?stockNo=20025
114 hours
Asking $24K

Carl C
02-21-2009, 03:35 PM
I'd like to see it go "85+":bonk:. Still looks like a good deal even without a trailer.

breeze400
02-21-2009, 03:49 PM
I can't believe they did not clean the snow out of her before the took the pics!

:bonk::bonk::bonk:

Sam

p729lws
02-21-2009, 04:38 PM
I can't believe they did not clean the snow out of her before the took the pics!

:bonk::bonk::bonk:

Sam

Can't believe they let snow in it period:confused::confused::confused::bonk::bonk:

fogducker III
02-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Is it snow or soap suds...........:confused:

Jamesbon
02-21-2009, 10:34 PM
I know a gentleman who made an offer on this vessel. The deal did not close.

As with buying any used boat, make sure you have her professionally checked out...

Nice looking boat...

85!!!??? I must have missed the hidden nitrous system... ;)

gcarter
02-22-2009, 05:49 AM
So I wonder how much it would take to get it?
Sometimes opening bids are way under their intentions.

Mr X
02-22-2009, 07:10 AM
NICE! Looks like a non-Aronow........GT version.
If it had the Aronow sticker on the dash.....I would be bidding!

Carl C
02-22-2009, 08:44 AM
If this boat was repo'd without a trailer wouldn't it most likely have been taken from a dock in the south? Who knows how it was transported, and it was left outdoors long enough to get snow in it. Was it ever winterized? I would be very, very careful before buying this one. And if they will blatantly lie about it's top speed then they are not to be trusted. (IMO)

BUIZILLA
02-22-2009, 09:01 AM
cockpit cover comes with it? so says the ad....

if it got thatttt cold, i'd be suspect of engine issues since the coolant overflow bottle is empty...

roadtrip se
02-22-2009, 10:10 AM
so I sincerely doubt they know how fast the boat runs, and who really cares what the ad states any way, it is pretty obvious that the boat has had a hard life. Now, if it were an individual seller, I would wonder about the speed claims, but these folks are just wholesalers for the banks. And from what I have heard, reputable to do business with.

Now, since it isn't an individual selling the boat, it would be nice to know what made the previous deal unwind if there is inside information available. This info would be very credible coming from a broker.

I would guess that the boat is in Cleveland, since that is where it is cataloged on the site. The trailer missing dosen't mean much. Maybe they couldn't get their hands on it when they grabbed the boat. I would want a trailer set up to my specs any way.

As for the 496HO, yes it would be nice if it were in running shape, but this thing would be a nice platform for something in matching blue. I just blew up the pics and it looks like there might be fluid in the reservior, but it would get a hose run and scan if it were me.

Thanks Ted for the ID...

Any way, this looks very interesting at the right price. Like high teens... Leaves you with some room to rehab it and make it your own.

Broke in Michigan...

breeze400
02-22-2009, 10:30 AM
so I sincerely doubt they really know how fast the boat really runs, and who really cares what the ad states any way, it is pretty obvious that the boat has had a hard life. Now, if it were an individual seller, I would wonder about the speed claims, but these folks are just wholesalers for the banks. And from what I have heard, reputable to do business with.

Now, since it isn't an individual selling the boat, it would be nice to know what made the previous deal unwind. I would guess that the boat is in Cleveland, since that it where it is cataloged on the site. The trailer missing means nothing. Maybe they couldn't get their hands on it, when they grabbed the boat.

I also noticed that the throttle stick looks faded, which tells me the thing sat outside in more than just the snow. As for the 496HO, yes it would be nice if it were in running shape, but theis thing would be a nice donor for something more dramatic.

Either way, this looks very interesting at the right price.

Who knows about speed? It's relative to what the used if anything to mesure it! :wink::wink::wink: If it was the stock non GPS speedo, you can't depend on there accuracy. The faded throttle could be just dirty. Since all the snow in the interior. Probublly need A good cleaning. The ad dose state that it runs good!

Anyway, After looking through offshore only last night and looking at boat priceing, 24,000.00 itsen't to bad of A price. I'm sure it could be had for less!

Traillers are cheep! My son just had one made for his 27 formula from some shop neer lake George for 1,700.00. The trailler looks better than his boat! LOL.

Sam:yes::yes::yes:

chappy
02-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Regardless of potential issues, if you're in the market, this should catch your attention, as it may be a smokin' deal. We'll never know until someone looks it over. Could be a dud, then again, could be a stud.........

breeze400
02-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Regardless of potential issues, if you're in the market, this should catch your attention, as it may be a smokin' deal. We'll never know until someone looks it over. Could be a dud, then again, could be a stud.........

Right on!!! :yes::yes::yes:

Sam :cool::cool!::cool:

roadtrip se
02-22-2009, 10:46 AM
You quoted me before I finished editing up my post.

After looking at the pics again, the stick has silver inserts on it.

Anybody up for a roadtrip to look this thing over?

blueliner
02-22-2009, 01:13 PM
you are correct... that is a GT not an Aronow boat.
NICE! Looks like a non-Aronow........GT version.
If it had the Aronow sticker on the dash.....I would be bidding!

gcarter
02-22-2009, 02:51 PM
If that is in Cleveland, that's the very same showroom where I picked up the old Minx.......this boat is a little nicer than it was.

They generally know what the bank wants for the boat, sometimes they'll tell you. It's not as much of an auction as it seems.

Jamesbon
02-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Typically National Liquidators requires 3 bids in writing which they submit to the bank weekly. Highest offer "could" win.

In my experience, in this market, just make an offer with your contingincies, and let her fly. I could be wrong, but I think they charge for a sea trial and other associated fees. Nothing wrong with that, just read the fine print if you're buying this one. They have ALLOT of inventory and are making sick deals on stuff...

Donziweasel
02-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Is it just me or does the deck gel look messed up? Look at the cockpit from above pic....:confused:

Nice and rare Donzi regardless. Damn Matty, you should have waited on the toon....:)

Air 22
02-22-2009, 07:37 PM
TIME VAMPIRE.....
as many boat projects start out with the best intentions....they suck the time right outta ya when doing it right:kingme:....lol

Schaf
02-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Does anyone know if this is GEL or paint?

Jerry Eisele
02-22-2009, 09:14 PM
I bought my trawler from them, they were up front on the deal. We were going to bid on a boat in Florida and the bank wanted more then the min. bid. Go figure!
It's paint on the Shelby!

Carl C
02-23-2009, 08:29 AM
Does anyone know if this is GEL or paint? My '05 has the color painted on a hull done completely in white gel.

Sooo, if we don't know how fast it goes we just make up a number based on how she looks? That's how you build a good rep? Some peeps are naive enough to take that as word. They will be disappointed. 85? Try 75 on a good day or on salt water.

mattyboy
02-23-2009, 09:11 AM
judging by the snow it was probably towed uncovered, and the best case scenario is the deck looks dirty and has road grime on it, the worst case scenario would be the gel is chalky to me the price is a little high seems there are some other 22 in better shape for in the same price range

roadtrip se
02-23-2009, 10:44 AM
My '05 has the color painted on a hull done completely in white gel.

Sooo, if we don't know how fast it goes we just make up a number based on how she looks? That's how you build a good rep? Some peeps are naive enough to take that as word. They will be disappointed. 85? Try 75 on a good day or on salt water.

Actually, I just had a great conversation with Blueliner about his blue Aronow over the weekend and he is claiming 80 GPS with the CMIs. Carl, keep sweating the details okay?

I have no idea what the overall conditon of this boat is, but I would think one that needs a little clean up, and that is all, would be worth a lot more than asking.

Donziweasel
02-23-2009, 12:55 PM
85? Try 75 on a good day or on salt water.

Carl, these boats were built with raised X's, not just Imco lowers like yours. You are getting, what, 78ish? I bet he can hit 80 and if the speedo is off, it could bounce on 85.

BUIZILLA
02-23-2009, 01:02 PM
exhaust looks low for a raised X

not that I know what i'm talkin' 'bout

JustMercMe
02-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Carl, these boats were built with raised X's, not just Imco lowers like yours. You are getting, what, 78ish? I bet he can hit 80 and if the speedo is off, it could bounce on 85.

This one and mine does not have the raised X like the Shelbys.....I'm running around 76 mph w/ a 27 Mirage+ and NO mods. Should be paint and not gel. And yes the top looks very faded. There was an X like this for sale on boat trader in Nov.-Dec. '08 iat a dealer in TN. Another thing to look at is the hull cracks that are forming on these '04-06' model boats at the stringers. Not that its an expense due to warranty but as Air 22 pointed out.....Time is short during the summer for you guys up north.

Hope this helps. If its in decent shape and no engine issues It's well worth the money. Then again if you want it bad enough it's worth whatever you'll pay for it. I love mine!:wink:

Donziweasel
02-23-2009, 01:21 PM
My bad, I thought all the Arronow, GT's and Shelby's had raised x's.

RickSE
02-23-2009, 03:50 PM
The solid color hulls were all gel.

The deck could be gel or paint.

gero1
02-24-2009, 06:38 AM
that chrome horn cover would have to go asap!!! chrome don't get ya home

roadtrip se
02-24-2009, 11:03 AM
Coming from the man with the subtle gold, silver, red, and black graphics and hardware all over his Blackhawk Donzi, that means a lot. Did I mention the chicken on the hood?

Schaf
02-25-2009, 03:37 PM
Does anyone have any more info on this boat??? Thanks..

JustMercMe
02-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Does anyone have any more info on this boat??? Thanks..
Please correct me if I'm wrong guys....just putting stuff together in my head here.......

If its not an Aronow edition its 1 of the select few "GT" or "X" models (either way you wanna call em) before the Shelbys came out. If its the same one that was for sale in TN (had a trailer) around Nov.-Dec. I believe it is hull #7. Blueliner's boat is hull #5. I have hull #8 (made as '06 model) which I think was the last. Dunno about Hull #6 (anbody that knows please chime in) This maybe #6 who knows....

One would really have to check it out throughly to put a price on it due to the snow in it and the fade on the finish.

Schaf
02-25-2009, 07:54 PM
The one at pier 57 in TN was a 2006.

blueliner
02-25-2009, 08:18 PM
My rig is a true Aronow and u r correct it is hull #5. I don't know how many aronows were actually built. Does anyone know??? Mine does have the little aronow plaque on the front dash.
Please correct me if I'm wrong guys....just putting stuff together in my head here.......

If its not an Aronow edition its 1 of the select few "GT" or "X" models (either way you wanna call em) before the Shelbys came out. If its the same one that was for sale in TN (had a trailer) around Nov.-Dec. I believe it is hull #7. Blueliner's boat is hull #5. I have hull #8 (made as '06 model) which I think was the last. Dunno about Hull #6 (anbody that knows please chime in) This maybe #6 who knows....

One would really have to check it out throughly to put a price on it due to the snow in it and the fade on the finish.

blueliner
02-25-2009, 08:20 PM
I thought this boat was the one sitting in the Washington area??? Could be wrong...

donzi2287
02-25-2009, 08:34 PM
boat looks nice except for the snow in it!!!

JustMercMe
02-26-2009, 08:02 AM

So if this one is an '05 It may be hull #6 and if thats true theres 2 blue and white GT models like blueliner's AE...........

Carl C
02-27-2009, 10:59 AM

So it's OK for these guys to overstate top speed by 10 mph but not this guy?

John, it seems like you just like to argue with me.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showpost.php?p=491419&postcount=2

Ghost
02-27-2009, 11:08 AM

Why do I feel like the "right" answer to this is "that's not true, I don't like it one bit"? :wink:

Sorry, I worked all night Wed and 'm just punchy today as I recover...

blueliner
02-27-2009, 11:21 AM
So if this one is an '05 It may be hull #6 and if thats true theres 2 blue and white GT models like blueliner's AE...........

since the X model or GT is different from the Aronow... why wouldn't they have started over with new hull numbers??? it's strange to me that my boat is #5 and that they were threatened to be sued and then went to hull #6 in a X or GT model... figures they would have gone back to 1??? how many GT or X boats are there?? i bet less than 10, probably closer to 5...

roadtrip se
02-27-2009, 11:36 AM

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showpost.php?p=491419&postcount=2

And Carl, along with John, I absolutely LOVE to argue with you.

I never said I thought it was OK to overstate the speed, I just said I wouldn't be too worried about it in this instance, because of the circumstances. You on the other hand, DO think it is a big deal after bringing it up 3X here, so good for you. Here, have a sucker....

RickSE
02-27-2009, 02:48 PM
...t to hull #6 in a X or GT model... figures they would have gone back to 1??? how many GT or X boats are there?? i bet less than 10, probably closer to 5...

Blue, I think a while back Ted stated there were only 2-3 GT's made. I think it was in the "Rare Donzi" post.

blueliner
02-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Blue, I think a while back Ted stated there were only 2-3 GT's made. I think it was in the "Rare Donzi" post.
Gotcha... How u doing rick??? Hope you and your family are doing well. I might be putting a shortie on this summer. Fun!!! Ttyl

Donziweasel
02-28-2009, 07:34 AM

I'm just tired of bitching about it..... It seems 9 out of 10 ads overstate the performance.

Not really, I just don't agree with a lot of what you say. Just a difference of opinions. Not saying either of us are right or wrong.......:bonk:

And Carl, along with John, I absolutely LOVE to argue with you.

Come on now Todd, we have argued twice in 3 years.......:wink:

And I ain't lookin to start now.........:crossfing:

mattyboy
02-28-2009, 08:18 AM
there ya go John,

now you got it some things are just beat to death here ;) :) there is hope for you young chine walker :)

always amazes me we have the most knowledge minds who browse here and yet some need to point out an obivious fact that a green horn newbie would know but yet they feel the need to point it out to the class ;)

please don't get me started on the ebay police either ;) I am going to call that guy and tell him exactly what he has or doesn't have , somethings are better left unsaid, if you ain't bidding as my italian mother inlaw says sitdonnashutupuface! ;)

back on the boat if this is one a the very few GT boats it might very well be a project with a larger return on investment

roadtrip se
02-28-2009, 08:57 AM
:
Come on now Todd, we have argued twice in 3 years.......:wink:
And I ain't lookin to start now.........:crossfing:

What I was TRYING to say was we BOTH seem to find ourselves in CONVERSATION with the CARL man. Hard to argue when you are both on the same side of a point. NOW, if you want to have a discussion about some thing other than a overstated speed claim, that donkey already left town...

So, has anyone actually put a bid on this thing or talked to these people.

chrisc2
03-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Has anyone verified the GT's location? Chris

roadtrip se
03-09-2009, 09:34 PM
So where did it go?

Schaf
03-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Sold!

Ranman
03-13-2009, 04:43 PM
FYI. This is where I bought my Formula from. I had issues initially getting the Formula because the title had not cleared from the bank after the initial repo. The boat was listed for months before the title cleared and I was baffeled by the whole thing. Long story short, I ended up with a gem of a boat once all the paperwork was in order. Other than listing the boat before it was "actually" available, I had a very good experience with National Liquidators.

This Donzi looks like it could potentially be a very good buy. Also, they can (and most likely have already) run the boat on the hose. The first thing they do when they get them there is winterize them, even if they've already been done so they can tell you how it runs and if there are any issues, though I would still get the survey. Even though there was some snow in the boat, I doubt it sat that way for long in their posession.

ITTLFLI
03-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Sold!

Spill the beans!!:beer:

Schaf
03-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Oh I wanted it but didn't get it. Sold to someone else. Byron hows everything? Been a while.

LivinVIP
05-18-2009, 10:45 PM
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2006-DONZI-22-SHELBY-CLASSIC-95000073
2006 DONZI 22 SHELBY CLASSIC, THIS IS A 2006 DONZI 22 SHELBY CLASSIC, #7 MADE OUT OF ALL OF THE SHELBY CLASSICS.
$49,995.00 :eek:

JustMercMe
05-20-2009, 08:09 AM
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2006-DONZI-22-SHELBY-CLASSIC-95000073
2006 DONZI 22 SHELBY CLASSIC, THIS IS A 2006 DONZI 22 SHELBY CLASSIC, #7 MADE OUT OF ALL OF THE SHELBY CLASSICS.
$49,995.00 :eek:

Don't think its the same one......The repo was considered an '05 model and thought to be hull #6.....The one on ebay is hull #7 ('06 model) and I have hull #8 ('06 model)......Heres another thread on the ebay boat.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57219

LivinVIP
05-20-2009, 08:53 AM
Dear JustMercMe,
Thank You for the clarification.
Do you know who owns this White / Blue 2007 Shelby GT ?
The broker has not responded.
I saw a thread where a board member sold it a year ago with 14 hours and now the new owner is selling it with 50 hrs.
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?&units=Feet&id=2020670&lang=en&slim=broker&&hosturl=wme&&ywo=wme&
Thank You.