PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Ford Super Duty...

roadtrip se
02-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Looks like a nice ride...

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/02/spied-2011-ford-super-duty.html

Donziweasel
02-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Looks pretty sweet. Nothing in the article about a diesel powerplant. Wonder if they are planning to keep the 6.4L Powerstroke for a while. I had heard they were coming out with something else.

chappy
02-20-2009, 03:37 PM
I thought I read somewhere that they were debuting some kind of "Scorpion" diesel for 2010. Not sure how big though, and that was a while ago......

Love the front end of that thing.

BUIZILLA
02-20-2009, 04:30 PM
6.7 Scorpion...

whatever that is

Donziweasel
02-20-2009, 05:09 PM
6.7 Turbo diesel code named "6.7L Scorpion" by Ford. Found some stuff about it. Totally developed by Ford after the piece of sh*t 6.0L from Navistar and the lawsuits that resulted. Target is 390 hp and 720 ft pounds of torque vs. 350 hp and 650 ft pounds in my 6.4L (which I have trouble believing, I swear my 6.0, being a piece of Sh*t, still had more power than my 6.4L). Looking for 3 whole mpg better. Great, I get 14 mpg now with my 6.4L and I will get a whopping 17 with the 6.7L.

I swear, I am over Ford. I use to love Ford as my last 5 trucks have been Ford and my whole fleet at Alltrans, Inc was Ford. I know, they are the only ones not in trouble, well, serious trouble, but after running 5 new Duramax's for Alltrans this year, I am now sold that it is a better engine and product. They start better, even at -30, get routinly over 20 mpg and feel stronger than my 6.4L. They are easier to maintain and just a well designed engine.

A couple of things, I had no idea Navistar has been making engines for Ford since 1982. Will this put the Navistar out of business? Can Ford make a Diesel that will compete with the Duramax? Something makes me doubt it.

mrfixxall
02-23-2009, 07:11 PM
6.7 Turbo diesel code named "6.7L Scorpion" by Ford. Found some stuff about it. Totally developed by Ford after the piece of sh*t 6.0L from Navistar and the lawsuits that resulted. Target is 390 hp and 720 ft pounds of torque vs. 350 hp and 650 ft pounds in my 6.4L (which I have trouble believing, I swear my 6.0, being a piece of Sh*t, still had more power than my 6.4L). Looking for 3 whole mpg better. Great, I get 14 mpg now with my 6.4L and I will get a whopping 17 with the 6.7L.
I swear, I am over Ford. I use to love Ford as my last 5 trucks have been Ford and my whole fleet at Alltrans, Inc was Ford. I know, they are the only ones not in trouble, well, serious trouble, but after running 5 new Duramax's for Alltrans this year, I am now sold that it is a better engine and product. They start better, even at -30, get routinly over 20 mpg and feel stronger than my 6.4L. They are easier to maintain and just a well designed engine.
A couple of things, I had no idea Navistar has been making engines for Ford since 1982. Will this put the Navistar out of business? Can Ford make a Diesel that will compete with the Duramax? Something makes me doubt it.

Sounds like ford is going to go with the cummings after all..