PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone really "work" here ...

Lenny
02-19-2009, 12:55 PM
What I find amazing is that 3000 of "us" can post something about a distributor, the Economy, a boat for sale, a raw water pump or dash design, or a prop, and within seconds and throughout the day, there are numerous replies, and seconds apart, and questions and rebuttles in close timeframes.

So, my question is, how many of you have one eye on the controls flying the Space shuttle and one eye on a minimized window with Donzi.net in the background?

I think the only guy that is missing from the conversations during the day is Dwight and that is probably a good thing at Mach 1 . :D

Ghost
02-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Alt-Tab, Baby! (Depending if I am head-down.)

Morgan's Cloud
02-19-2009, 01:25 PM
All this time I thought 'Lenny' was some guy in Canada and it's really my boss's screen name ..... :nilly::nilly:

boxy
02-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Tabbed browsing and a 22 inch screen help.

Jack Frost
02-19-2009, 01:39 PM
I work but it is outdoors so i am able to post very seldom. and usually when i do I get a cold reception from some of the members here who seem to be here 24 /7/365

Ed Donnelly
02-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Jack; You get smack because you say you are from Alaska,,,

either change to the Noth Pole , or at least, the N.W.T.:wink:..Ed

HOWARD O
02-19-2009, 02:27 PM
You guys actually have to WORK??? :boggled:

Wow, that really sucks....... :lame:

j/k of course!

Air22 seems to get in here quite often, I'd like to know how he manages it. Those fancy jets have some pretty fancy gadgets and I bet he knows how to use them for "recreational" purposes once in a while. :yes:

Ghost
02-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Air22 seems to get in here quite often, I'd like to know how he manages it. Those fancy jets have some pretty fancy gadgets and I bet he knows how to use them for "recreational" purposes once in a while. :yes:

That's easy...

HOWARD O
02-19-2009, 02:34 PM
That's easy...

PERFECT!!! :lol9:

boxy
02-19-2009, 02:45 PM
That's easy...

Is that a Haver blow up doll ?????

Trueser
02-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Multiple monitors. excess speed.

30' screen Split

zelatore
02-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Of course you ask this question on the one day I'm actually in the field setting up a show instead of at my desk 'working' at my computer...

Ghost - man, you remember ALL the great movies! Another classic!

VetteLT193
02-19-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm on the computer all day, between my real job (programmer) and side business (printing company) there isn't much outside of a computer and a desk chair.

dual monitors is a must... and there are times that I can't get on here at all, and times I'm here all day :popcorn:

DonziJon
02-19-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm here almost ALL day because I'm Retired. I'm an old fart and I'm set in my ways. Totally. I take a break when RUSH is on. :yes: John

mattyboy
02-19-2009, 10:22 PM
please don't think of it as work...........:yes: keep your left arm straight,keep your head down and hit thru the ball

Ghost
02-19-2009, 10:34 PM
please don't think of it as work...........:yes: keep your left arm straight,keep your head down and hit thru the ball

LOL..."the whole point is just to have fun."

boxy
02-20-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm here almost ALL day because I'm Retired. I'm an old fart and I'm set in my ways. Totally. I take a break when RUSH is on. :yes: John

I love RUSH ....
KNZru4JG_Uo
djVGhqvl_8A
iPuOGaoDeIE

Lenny
02-20-2009, 02:01 AM
Boxy, FABULOUS POST :yes:

That hit the spot.

AWESOME :yes:

Red Barchetta :yes:

Thank you :)

Oh, and Poodle, Mullets are in again :D

oh, and THIS song below from RUSH took me from 16 to 25 years old in one evening. On the water, on a dock, in a boat, on a girl :D at a beach, music in the air. oh, and a Bong, and ...well,... whatever ;)

Funny, now I have an acre of oceanfront land about 2000' away from that spot :)

Oh, and this song came out in 1974,... the same year my "X-18" was made but I was in an 11' Whaler and 12 years old. :D

and NEVER forget about April Wine and the songs they made and you had "fun" with :D

Seriously, I hung out with first name folks (at that time) 10-11 years old, from the USA, anchored off of our shore (100') in 70' + boats every summer. I will never forget that. We skied in our shorts (40 F water) and were good.

Back to the original post... I am paid for what I know or can instruct. I do not work anymore between 7:30-3:30 but am "there". VPN and a host of other devices.

At 3:30 all hell breaks loose at home :D

FREAKY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0hZ-omYrZ0

Ed Donnelly
02-20-2009, 02:52 AM
And they are going to work on a new album this fall, so says Kim Mitchell, DJ
on the mighty Q107..............Ed

Lenny
02-20-2009, 03:32 AM
Ed, in '74 I was slinging newspapers, and can actually REMEMBER saving $40 for gas for my Whaler (9.8) 11' . that to last the Summer as I had always (until older) spent June to Sept at the Cottage. That included food and gas and about 3 months of 7am to 9pm everyday, forever. I lived with the seals and whales and Eagles. I hated land in daylight hours..

Music (the ones quoted) were what I listened to on an AM radio or the 8 track, (in the boat) all day long. Bread, America, Neil Young, Crosby Still Nash, Joni Mitchell, whatever,

..but ALL of my "growing up" was on water... not on Land.

Now you know why I am so .... up .

:D

The Hedgehog
02-20-2009, 05:19 AM
Rush always hits the spot. I remember kicking back listening to the Necromancer late summer nights in Bama. We would start early in the am and take the Mako to the Alabama Ice House and load up all the coolers with block and crushed ice. They we would go over to WinnDixie where I would go in and get about 6 cases of beer and some wine (for the punch for ladies). We would leave the Marina about 10:30 then go down to Little Miami where some more girls would show up. We would ferry people to the sand bar and the party would roll. We would spend the day on the water just having a blast. My buddy Chris would show up with his Whaler and then others. Late in the day we would head home clean up and gather another crowd to go to my buddy Walts house. I would make another run to the Package store for some party supplies and ramp it back up. Late night we would retire the back porch for a safety meeting and some Rush. Just a bunch of guys and girls having a summer blast in the deep south. I was 16 -17 at the time. We did it all summer long. The poor kids these days just don't have that kind of freedom.

gero1
02-20-2009, 06:33 AM
thanks lenny, i owe ya a flying dog ipa at aoth. i am off to hang out with the rich and shameless in brentwood!!!!:beer:

Cuda
02-20-2009, 07:22 AM
Some of us have multiple screens on our desks..
Both desks as a matter of fact :) :)

Here, here! :)

Cuda
02-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Beer/ice was available right at our local ramp :yes::nilly::nilly::bonk:
Beer and ice makes sense together, but ice and fishing don't compute.

Cuda
02-20-2009, 07:29 AM
Of course you ask this question on the one day I'm actually in the field setting up a show instead of at my desk 'working' at my computer...
Ghost - man, you remember ALL the great movies! Another classic!
I learned many years ago, my best attribute is my strong mind, not my weak back. That is the required criteria for an employee: A strong back and a weak mind. I can hire them all day long.

p729lws
02-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Tripple 22's makes it easy...

Dan

boxy
02-20-2009, 09:52 AM
and NEVER forget about April Wine and the songs they made and you had "fun" with :D
:D
FREAKY
Lenny, one of the best nights at the 2007 Grey Cup in Toronto was the night Loverboy, Trooper, April Wine and David Wilcox played.... :pimp:
o781sKqPmjc