PDA

View Full Version : let me know what you think

glashole
02-17-2009, 04:15 PM
its still under construction but let me know what you think

www.trentonglass.net (http://www.trentonglass.net)

Ranman
02-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Looks like a good start, and I don't mean to sound critical, but here's some good honest feedback. I'm sure you're working on this, but here's what I see...

THe overall template looks nice, but there's not much substance yet. The main page should state what it is that you do. Installer? Distributor? Subcontractor? I can't tell. When I click the links to the left, while fancy, they just punch me out to manufacturers websites. Why make it so easy to lead the user away from your site? I would use that column to focus on you and your capabilities. What types of things do you do specifically? WHat are your specialities? What makes you better than you competitors? WHat are your company values? What value does your company provide to the customer? The FAQ is empty, the gallery is empty and the About is empty.

Your Contact and Location info should also be consolidated. Also, list your address phone, fax, key employees or managers and their emails there. I hate clicking on "Contact" only to have my email open a new blank message. Give me more than one way to reach you.

Tim Morris
02-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Very informative, one stop shopping.

I did look under FAQs to see what was up with the 'race bus' thinking
this would be a frequent question but this part is still under construction.

glashole
02-17-2009, 04:59 PM
thanks guys

it just went up yesterday and i should have all the empty sections filled in by the end of the week

I am still trying to find the pictures of the race bus especially the one where it is on its roof

I have not forgotten about it and the donzi.net stickers look good

Shea

Sam
02-18-2009, 10:08 AM
I like what you have so far, it's clean and easy to navigate. I sort of have a rule I follow when I go to trade shows and surf web pages. If I can't figure out what's the main thrust / focus with in the first 10 seconds or so of either walking past a booth or looking at a new web page I'm out of there. That said when I look at your site I have no problem knowing exactly what you do in far less time :yes:.

Sam
87M

VetteLT193
02-18-2009, 11:31 AM
not 508 compliant, but considering it's a glass company I doubt that matters :bonk:

looks very nice:)

Ghost
02-18-2009, 11:43 AM
not 508 compliant, but considering it's a glass company I doubt that matters

:rofl:

f_inscreenname
02-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Not throwing stones in your glass company. :kingme:

But you may want to take the second line in your header and move it down below the reflection of the top line. Easier to see. But it looks better than anything I have built. http://www.supernova19.com/forumcw/Smileys/classic/clapping.gif

yeller
02-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Nice looking site, but I have to agree somewhat with Ranman. I don't know what you do. It's obvious you deal with windows and doors, but are you selling, installing, both, anything else?
I too wouldn't make it so easy to lead potential customers off your site.

MOP
02-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Shea it is very nice lets hope it brings even more business your way!

Phil

glashole
02-19-2009, 06:19 AM
bear with me
the services etc will be in the white center section

thanks for the imput

glashole
03-05-2009, 07:54 AM
filled in some of the missing areas

boxy
03-05-2009, 08:08 AM
not 508 compliant, but considering it's a glass company I doubt that matters :bonk:

looks very nice:)

I had to look the reference up .....

"In 1998 the US Congress amended the Rehabilitation Act to require Federal agencies to make their electronic and information technology accessible to people with disabilities. Inaccessible technology interferes with an individual's ability to obtain and use information quickly and easily. Section 508 was enacted to eliminate barriers in information technology, to make available new opportunities for people with disabilities, and to encourage development of technologies that will help achieve these goals. The law applies to all Federal agencies when they develop, procure, maintain, or use electronic and information technology. Under Section 508 (29 U.S.C. § 794d), agencies must give disabled employees and members of the public access to information that is comparable to the access available to others.[1]"

I'm pretty sure that since Shea is not a Gov't Agency, and he's not American Section 508 really won't affect him .............. :drunk::canada::canada::drunk:

Ranman
03-05-2009, 08:29 AM
It's looking a lot better!! :yes:

VetteLT193
03-05-2009, 09:05 AM
I had to look the reference up .....
"In 1998 the US Congress amended the Rehabilitation Act to require Federal agencies to make their electronic and information technology accessible to people with disabilities. Inaccessible technology interferes with an individual's ability to obtain and use information quickly and easily. Section 508 was enacted to eliminate barriers in information technology, to make available new opportunities for people with disabilities, and to encourage development of technologies that will help achieve these goals. The law applies to all Federal agencies when they develop, procure, maintain, or use electronic and information technology. Under Section 508 (29 U.S.C. § 794d), agencies must give disabled employees and members of the public access to information that is comparable to the access available to others.[1]"
I'm pretty sure that since Shea is not a Gov't Agency, and he's not American Section 508 really won't affect him .............. :drunk::canada::canada::drunk:

Trenton glass I assume is in Jersey. Ask Target.com how they feel about 508 and it only applying to Gov't.

I doubt it would ever matter for smaller sites to be totally honest. I was truly trying to make a joke.:umbrella:

glashole
03-05-2009, 09:15 AM
the only handicap thing I can offer would be an automatic door does that qualify??

we are actually in Trenton Ontario Canada

boxy
03-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Trenton glass I assume is in Jersey. Ask Target.com how they feel about 508 and it only applying to Gov't.
I doubt it would ever matter for smaller sites to be totally honest. I was truly trying to make a joke.:umbrella:

I knew you were joking ..... :p
I was just trying to point out that sometimes, as Kathleen Madigan says, Americans forget that Canada is up here.... :D :D

pILPiB-07uI

VetteLT193
03-05-2009, 10:03 AM
the only handicap thing I can offer would be an automatic door does that qualify??

we are actually in Trenton Ontario Canada

Dang, there is a Trenton in Canada too. Hopefully it's nicer than the one in Jersey!!!

glashole
03-05-2009, 10:29 AM
well

we have 2 donzi's if that means anything