PDA

View Full Version : Fleeced

MOP
02-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Everything that is in the book "Fleeced" is coming true, many more Americans will be added to the roles of "Not Haves" now that the stimulus package is pretty sure to go through. It is shame we have let things get so out of hand, a generation or two will be fighting for their lives financially! The CHANGE is here now we will have to learn to live with it.

Last Tango
02-17-2009, 01:12 PM
"The CHANGE is here now we will have to learn to live with it."

MOP, Old Buddy, you are absolutely correct. It is time for you to learn to live with it.

I get e-mails every day from Republican friends of mine who are constantly bad mouthing the President of the United States of America. He was duly elected, and duly sworn. Time for you folks to get on the bandwagon and make things work instead of constantly fighting it. The Republicans had control for the last 8 years and made a real mess of things. Now it's time to clean it up.
I did not vote for the man. But he is the President and he has his advisors, and that isn't going to change for the next 4 years no matter how many emails you send to me or anyone else.
Sadly, the Baby Boomer Generation, of which I am part, had their shot at running the country. They elected Clinton, and then they elected Bush. The Flower Power generation turned into the Me and Greed generation. Time to turn over the reins to our children, because we left them a huge mess they have to clean up. So give them the power and our support to do it.

That is my opinion, and I am as equally entitled to it as you are to yours.

Tony
02-17-2009, 01:34 PM

MOP, Old Buddy, you are absolutely correct. It is time for you to learn to live with it.

I get e-mails every day from Republican friends of mine who are constantly bad mouthing the President of the United States of America. He was duly elected, and duly sworn. Time for you folks to get on the bandwagon and make things work instead of constantly fighting it. The Republicans had control for the last 8 years and made a real mess of things. Now it's time to clean it up.
I did not vote for the man. But he is the President and he has his advisors, and that isn't going to change for the next 4 years no matter how many emails you send to me or anyone else.
Sadly, the Baby Boomer Generation, of which I am part, had their shot at running the country. They elected Clinton, and then they elected Bush. The Flower Power generation turned into the Me and Greed generation. Time to turn over the reins to our children, because we left them a huge mess they have to clean up. So give them the power and our support to do it.

Well said, Mark.

:beer:

Ghost
02-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Had people voted in someone who wanted to take the first born son of every family and sacrifice them on a bloody altar to the economy gods, it would not make it right, nor should anyone who knew it was wrong hop on the bandwagon and "try to make it work." Quite the reverse.

I would offer that we all DO have a chance to do something about it. For starters, we can topple the whole bunch of crooks in the House in another 20 months. (Ron Paul and Roscoe Bartlett should stay. Not sure I can name any others I would keep, but we all need to find out.)

And we can dump a third of the Senate in only 20 months.

We can vote in Libertarians and Constitutionals. In general, the Ds and Rs have shown neither does what is right and needed when they have power, rather they cut each other crooked deals at our expense. Don't be fooled by the Republicans--they have only started pitching a few principles since they got voted out of power. Until then, in large measure they lined their own pockets.

So, vote them out. Do this and we can start meaningful repair of our country in only 20 months. Do this and it will bring the wayward Republicans who do stay back in line. The work to do it starts yesterday.

As painful as the emails and posts and everything else are, they are a big part of trying to fix things the peaceful way, before things get REALLY ugly.

This is true whether the discussions happen here, or elsewhere. The only question is: do we allow such discussion here?

I have tried to drop most of the direct political discussion and focus on the financials, in part because I think the party lines have people fighting each other when they need to focus on honestly analyzing the problems at hand. In my opinion, we've had some pretty healthy and very civil discussions that have been useful to me in learning more.

Suggestions to cordon off an area for people who care about this stuff enough to talk about it have made sense to me. In short, it makes it easy for those who want to read and chat about these topics to do so, and others who don't need not sift through the content.

Or, people can decide to ban all such talk here.

This is not my site to decide for, nor is it my site to even set the rules for deciding. I defer to the owners who created and built this place what they want to do.

In general, for what it is worth: I hate the crap we are going through. I hate it enough to try to do something about it. I'm convinced that ignoring it, as much as it will be more pleasant for a while, or accepting it, is not for me, and will only bring further ruin. And frankly, I think we owe it to the guys who fought and died to build this country, as well as to ourselves and our children. When we compare what they endured and lost, compared to our current level of discomfort, is not the only sensible thing to fight with all we are before we allow it to worsen?

For good people to tell those who are trying to figure out how do some good to simply accept what sucks, or be quiet, or "get with the program" seems just the sort of reaction that understandable frustration might bring, but I feel compelled to offer that I don't think it is the right reaction.

Is it time to cordon off an area so as not to annoy those who don't care to listen or discuss? Maybe this is the best answer. Or is is time to ban the talk? I defer to the owners.

Best wishes to all, from someone who cares about this site, our distressed country, and our friends and neighbors everywhere.

Mike

chappy
02-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Had people voted in someone who wanted to take the first born son of every family and sacrifice them on a bloody altar to the economy gods, it would not make it right, nor should anyone who knew it was wrong hop on the bandwagon and "try to make it work." Quite the reverse.

I would offer that we all DO have a chance to do something about it. For starters, we can topple the whole bunch of crooks in the House in another 20 months. (Ron Paul and Roscoe Bartlett should stay. Not sure I can name any others I would keep, but we all need to find out.)

And we can dump a third of the Senate in only 20 months.

We can vote in Libertarians and Constitutionals. In general, the Ds and Rs have shown neither does what is right and needed when they have power, rather they cut each other crooked deals at our expense. Don't be fooled by the Republicans--they have only started pitching a few principles since they got voted out of power. Until then, in large measure they lined their own pockets.

So, vote them out. Do this and we can start meaningful repair of our country in only 20 months. Do this and it will bring the wayward Republicans who do stay back in line. The work to do it starts yesterday.

As painful as the emails and posts and everything else are, they are a big part of trying to fix things the peaceful way, before things get REALLY ugly.

This is true whether the discussions happen here, or elsewhere. The only question is: do we allow such discussion here?

I have tried to drop most of the direct political discussion and focus on the financials, in part because I think the party lines have people fighting each other when they need to focus on honestly analyzing the problems at hand. In my opinion, we've had some pretty healthy and very civil discussions that have been useful to me in learning more.

Suggestions to cordon off an area for people who care about this stuff enough to talk about it have made sense to me. In short, it makes it easy for those who want to read and chat about these topics to do so, and others who don't need not sift through the content.

Or, people can decide to ban all such talk here.

This is not my site to decide for, nor is it my site to even set the rules for deciding. I defer to the owners who created and built this place what they want to do.

In general, for what it is worth: I hate the crap we are going through. I hate it enough to try to do something about it. I'm convinced that ignoring it, as much as it will be more pleasant for a while, or accepting it, is not for me, and will only bring further ruin. And frankly, I think we owe it to the guys who fought and died to build this country, as well as to ourselves and our children. When we compare what they endured and lost, compared to our current level of discomfort, is not the only sensible thing to fight with all we are before we allow it to worsen?

For good people to tell those who are trying to figure out how do some good to simply accept what sucks, or be quiet, or "get with the program" seems just the sort of reaction that understandable frustration might bring, but I feel compelled to offer that I don't think it is the right reaction.

Is it time to cordon off an area so as not to annoy those who don't care to listen or discuss? Maybe this is the best answer. Or is is time to ban the talk? I defer to the owners.

Best wishes to all, from someone who cares about this site, our distressed country, and our friends and neighbors everywhere.

Mike

Also well said, thanks Mike.

HOWARD O
02-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Your gloom and doom is starting to get very repetitve.
Not that I am all signed up for what our friends in Washington are up to, but please, get a drink, take a vacation, try a little afternoon delight, or whatever, but please go get your mind right.
Let me see here:
1) I work in the auto industry in Detroit.
2) I am trying to sell a house in Michigan.
3) Jill is unemployed with limited prospects.
4) My Donzi needs some work, some of it structural.
5) The weather sucks.
6) ........
This is just the start of a long list of exciting things we are dealing with here. We all have similar lists, I am sure.
I chose to focus on digging out of the hole, I am staying informed on what is going on but still turning the TV off when the propaganda starts, and gravitating towards the positive, because I HAVE to.
You might try it.

With all due respect, I take offense at the notion that MOP should keep his mouth shut and "learn to live with it". That is PRECISELY what the people want that are bringing us this mess they call a "stimulus package". It's nothing short of giving the special interests a HUGE handout at the expense of people like you, me and MOP.

Yesterday, MOP posted how to fax your Senators and Representatives, he's definitely not rolling over for this and I am not either. I applaud him for his efforts. Now THAT is a positive thing to do, I think.

I realize you have your own troubles, but they're definitely not going to be helped by turning indifferent to this whole fiasco. I encourage you to take a more active part in trying to get this garbage turned around so we can head in the right direction. Maybe it is too late this go round, but who knows? :confused:

HOWARD O
02-17-2009, 03:34 PM
It is NOT time to learn to live with it. YOU ARE JUST PLAIN WRONG HERE, although I do respect your assertion that Obama was duly elected by the people.
I was of the same mind and decided to let them do what THEY thought would bring the economy under control, after all, they were elected to do it. HOWEVER, what they have slated right now is so far off the mark that I don't think I should, morally, keep my mouth shut.
This has nothing to do with disrespecting the President and/or his office, it has to do with losing our whole Country. You may not agree that it is that dire, but I believe it is.
By the way, and I mean no personal disrespect, but if you think the Republicans have been in charge the last 8 years, you are politically ignorant.
MOP, you do NOT have to "live with it". None of us do!

BigGrizzly
02-17-2009, 03:55 PM
I agree with you HowardO, Laying down and accepting things is NOT what this Country was built on. Lie down and play dead is not the option. Our children's future is at stake. Support the president yes but don't be stupid about it. When Bush made a bo bo everybody complained so do the same for the president and all the pork that the Democrats and Republicans fattened up the bills with. So vote out the dirt. I will. Just like 9/11, I won't forget the jerks that porked the stimulus.

BigGrizzly
02-17-2009, 04:43 PM
My remarks were not pointed at anyone just my take on a situation. There isn't anyone that I have read or seen on this board that will take anything laying down

justleft
02-17-2009, 04:56 PM
"shut it off when the media starts to spew propaganda"

And boy-oh-boy there is ton a propaganda (or marketing) being spewwed by more then just the media ! :nilly:

It will be interesting to see where this goes in a couple yrs.

The Hedgehog
02-17-2009, 05:03 PM
but the original post is negative, there is no constructive call to action, and it could be interpreted as just general whining and negativity.
Nothing in my reaction says that we should just shut up and take it. I stated that I am aware of what is going on in DC, I am monitoring it, and I shut it off when the media starts to spew propaganda about it.
While I don't neccessarily endorse it, Ghost's post has a call to action and a potential result if we chose to take the action, MOP's does not. I suggested an attitude adjustment to him, that is all, because I am tired of the negativity and belly button gazing.
We all have a burden to share right now. I shared some of the things that have definite potential to pull my attitude and perspective right down into the dumper, not to mention a very adverse impact on our financial future. I wasn't looking for sympathy, just utilizing my personal circumstance as an example of how great things are for all of us, we all have a cross to bear, and even with all of this, LIFE IS NOT THAT BAD.
Cheer up, would ya? This is a boating forum last time I checked.

I think that you have a very good point. While many of us don't like it, for better or worse the consumer attitude has a huge impact on things. Does that mean that we don't express our opinion? No. Lay down? No. But we do need to hold our head up and move forward. A huge part of our economy is perception. Look what happened before the election and the media trashed the economy before it tanked. Was it inevitable? Oh yeah. But there was no way that we need to spend that much time at the bottom.

Heck, I see a large number of people that make big bucks on relatively uneffected income streams that are scared to buy cars. That's just absurd.

Its a boating site. let's get back to the fun

Ranman
02-17-2009, 05:09 PM
There isn't anyone that I have read or seen on this board that will take anything laying down

I know I haven't been around much, but I'll take it if she's on top of me. :biggrin.: Who am I to say no to that? :toiletpap

HOWARD O
02-17-2009, 06:04 PM
I wasn't looking for sympathy, just utilizing my personal circumstance as an example of how great things are for all of us, we all have a cross to bear, and even with all of this, LIFE IS NOT THAT BAD.
Cheer up, would ya? This is a boating forum last time I checked.

No, I agree, life is not that bad. But I stay up many nights wondering how life is going to be for my 3 kids and when I think about that, it's tought to be cheery. To me, that's what it's all about.

But it's beyond my control, of course. My point is that it shouldn't be beyond ALL OF OUR CONTROL and I think if we try harder to make our COLLECTIVE voices heard, maybe our country can take a different tact. I know, it's a reach!

Plus the fact that I'm a bit surly lately since I have yet to get this boat running right! :mad:

BUIZILLA
02-17-2009, 06:49 PM
I think the most frustrating issue is we no longer seem to be able to earmark, control, or properly plan our destiny with any definitive direction... and neither does our elected Congress

your turmoil may differ.. :bonk:

Just Say N20
02-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Deleted.

MOP
02-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Maybe it was negative but it is the facts of what is happening, maybe Mr. O will fool us all and veto the bill until they clean it up. That would show that he really has substance and can be a true leader, I early on had very high hopes for him and donated to his campaign I got sour on him when so much came out, most of which proved to be fact. Shortly after I soured on him I had a fairly heated exchange in the parking lot with an employee from across the way, today I noticed the Obama stickers were off his SUV. I could not resist and asked, he growled that piece of use your "imagination"!! Not sure about your neighborhood but Out here on Long Island there is a major change in peoples minds.

Phil

mattyboy
02-17-2009, 08:47 PM
actually if you want fleece call dr dan he has great fleece and at great prices so you won't get fleeced ;) :yes: :tongue:

Just Say N20
02-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Deleted.

mjw930
02-18-2009, 07:29 AM
I think that you have a very good point. While many of us don't like it, for better or worse the consumer attitude has a huge impact on things. Does that mean that we don't express our opinion? No. Lay down? No. But we do need to hold our head up and move forward. A huge part of our economy is perception. Look what happened before the election and the media trashed the economy before it tanked. Was it inevitable? Oh yeah. But there was no way that we need to spend that much time at the bottom.
Heck, I see a large number of people that make big bucks on relatively uneffected income streams that are scared to buy cars. That's just absurd.
Its a boating site. let's get back to the fun

Perhaps everyone who wants to talk politics instead of boating should try http://www.forum-political.com/, it's friend of mine's site and has some interesting participants.

boxy
02-18-2009, 09:30 AM
Perhaps everyone who wants to talk politics instead of boating should try http://www.forum-political.com/, it's friend of mine's site and has some interesting participants.

Exactly.
Quit dancing around the NO POLITICS policy of the board.

JeffH
02-18-2009, 09:46 AM
MOP, DO NOT QUIT THINKING FOR YOURSELF AND DO NOT QUIT THE FIGHT!

You are a true AMERICAN!

Sam
02-18-2009, 09:51 AM
I know I haven't been around much, but I'll take it if she's on top of me. :biggrin.: Who am I to say no to that? :toiletpap

Your such a man pig LMAO :biggrin.:, well said Randy. Let's try and grab a burger soon.

Donziweasel
02-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Just look at all we have to be thankful for. . . .

Let's Recap--

1. The American people elect a black president with a total of 42 days experience as a U.S. Senator from the most politically corrupt state in America whose governor is ousted from office. The President's first official act is to close Gitmo and make sure terrorists civil rights are not violated.

2. The U.S. Congress rushes to confirm a black Attorney General, Eric Holder, whose law firm we later find out represents seventeen Gitmo Terrorists.

3. The CIA Boss, Leon Penetta with absolutely no experience, has a daughter Linda we find out, that is a true radical anti-American activist who is a supporter
of all the Anti-American regimes in the western hemisphere.

4. We got the most corrupt female in America as Secretary of State; bought and paid for.

5. We got a Tax Cheat for Treasury Secretary who files his own taxes.

6. A Commerce Secretary nominee who withdrew due to corruption charges.

7. A Tax cheat nominee for Chief Performance Officer who withdrew under charges.

8. A Labor Secy nominee who withdrew under charges of unethical conduct.

9. A Secy HHS nominee who withdrew under charges of cheating on his taxes.

10. He is giving Acorn 4 billion in stimulus package (as a thank you for getting all those felons and illegals to the voting booths).

11. He wants to place extreme leftists in top judicial positions.

12. Stimulus money to support government controlling your personal insurance. Medical services will be limited.

13. He is playing the FEAR TACTIC game and people still keep applauding him.

14. He is deeply ingrained with the ACLU and the secular-progressives.

About wraps it up for me. Nice synopsis.

BUIZILLA
02-18-2009, 10:41 AM
speaking of which....

where did Formula Jr move to?

:popcorn:

Ed Donnelly
02-18-2009, 10:50 AM
roadtrip se; Like the good old days??? The good old days never stopped..

There are a couple of chaps that couldn't wait to get out of the army, living down the street from me...They think they will be pardoned by the new prez, just like the nam boys.....Ed

Donziweasel
02-18-2009, 11:00 AM
speaking of which....

Cuba with a summer home in North Korea. Looking at property in China too.

Donziweasel
02-18-2009, 11:04 AM
Every time I log into this thread, I can hear the little black helicopters followed by the goose-stepping troops?

Quit looking at the thread and they will go away.

Me, am I happy with the current administartion? No. Am I going to bitch about it some? Yes. Will it make it better? No. Will I feel better? Probably

Lenny
02-18-2009, 11:20 AM
speaking of which....

:popcorn:

Italy I believe. Canada has the same rules as the US. I can't live there (USA) more than 6 months a year and HAVE TO KEEP a residence in Canada. Likewise for you folks here. And FORGET about working.

Donziweasel
02-18-2009, 11:34 AM
I seem to thrive off of anger. Been a powerful emotion for me and I fight back. For example, after Sept 11, I started speaking with a bankruptcy attorney. Business was in shambles and I was going under. I decided to take Boo Boo camping for a night to clear my head and decide what to do. About 2 in the morning, I was pretty intoxicated and got MAD. Really Mad. I decided I wasn't going to lie down and let someone a-hole coward living in hiding in Afgahnastan put me out of business. I fought back. Got loans, called in favors, re-structured, rebuilt and got profitable agian in 2005. Now I am in better shape to weather this storm.

Anyway, people feed off of different emotions and my cup of tea is anger. Might explain some of my past altercations on the board, but not lately as I am trying to not fight here anymore. Got enough battles in my life. I do have a little catch in place. When I am pissed, I don't make a decision for 24 hours.

Here is a small list of what I am currently pissed about. The economy, Hugo Chavez, North Korea, Obama, Burris, Blagovitch, Wyoming concealed weapons laws, gas going up again, Congress, Octumom, drivers who don't wash busses, Obama, Ford, Obama, banks, Obama, banks again, my contractor, stimulous bill, A-rod, the Taliban, Delta Airlines, people who own chimps as pets (or in Lenny's case, large tigers), Russian taxi drivers in Jackson Hole, and much more.

I am happy about a lot of stuff, but it doesn't motivate me like anger. I think transportation is an angry job and not for the complacent.

Ghost
02-18-2009, 11:41 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/moviemystery/furious2.jpg :)

Just Say N20
02-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Deleted.

MOP
02-18-2009, 12:27 PM
I got the write up by Dr. Sam Vaknin from a friend who is a dean at a very reputable university, he said excellent reading which it was. I have go along with the body language issue having done A course on it many years back, there is truly nothing above this man. Far better then thou!!!

mattyboy
02-18-2009, 12:47 PM
hold on guys i just read and translated notradomus' quatrains , was kinda hard with these 4 ^$$holes on horseback riding around breaking everything in site.
but it said like a week from tuesday starbucks runs out of expresso, and dunkin donuts runs out of french vanilla decafe which causes the world to shift it's axis an we go into perpetual winter. :nilly: :tongue:

Please I am beggin ya all give the doom and gloom a break, I am also beggin the moderators to re establish the political section so if they want to $hit and play in the sand i don't have to watch, or if they post stuff political or doom and gloom make them put that in the title so i can skip it.

i thought this whole thread was about active wear???

so i suggest to all do what you feel is necessary to help your country, I myself will go to a fund raiser tom. nite to raise money for a local org. that will help disabled vets in the local VA hospital, then on sunday attend a fund raiser for the local food pantry to help out the needy in town . tuesday i will vote for a new mayor. I don't know what the answer is but i know you won't find it on a keyboard and monitor in the whatever section of a boating forum ;)

Donziweasel
02-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Counseling could get very expensive with this list... and where to start...

Banks... I plan to go debt free shortly and do what I can to stay out of the places.

A-Rod. Kick his ass out.

Ford. The other two are in real trouble. I won't buy a Tundra, so they are all I got.

The Taliban. Make our friends realize in Pakistan that our money goes away if the Taliban don't.

Delta. All airlines suck. Buy lotto tickets and fly private jets.

Chimps and tigers as pets. Let them eat their owners.

Russian taxi drivers. You work here, you speak the language and adopt the local customs.

Just a few. I feel better already...

LMAO!!!! Hell, I needed a good laugh, thanks Todd!

Just Say N20
02-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Deleted.

Lenny
02-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Lenny seems to enjoy bringing up the fact that he can boat without concern for either speed or noise restrictions, which is something most of us have to deal with here.

I'm done. :yes:

First, the reason I bring that up is I can not believe what you folks have to go through, or have on board, or have permits for, no wake zones, speed zones etc, when it comes to wild boating,.. and I have been to many places there. There is some form of it everywhere.

Second, everything that all of you are "afraid" of in the "new" Governing environment fast approaching is stuff I was born into and grew up in and live in today. I don't know the difference :D

Play nice :)

Ghost
02-18-2009, 04:51 PM
...The economy, Hugo Chavez, North Korea, Obama, Burris, Blagovitch, Wyoming concealed weapons laws, gas going up again, Congress, Octumom, drivers who don't wash busses, Obama, Ford, Obama, banks, Obama, banks again, my contractor, stimulous bill, A-rod, the Taliban, Delta Airlines, people who own chimps as pets (or in Lenny's case, large tigers), Russian taxi drivers in Jackson Hole, and much more.

Careful, or Billy Joel will run all this together and call it a song. :)

Donziweasel
02-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Careful, or Billy Joel will run all this together and call it a song.

That's just the stuff pissing me off today, tommorrow is a new day with many new things to probably piss me off. Might be Somali Pirates, the guy who stole Lance Armstrong's bike or Obama purchasing 28 new Marine 1 helicopters at 11.5 billion dollars, or 400 million a piece, far more than the cost of 1 Airforce one 747. Actually, that one is pissing me off today. :wink::bonk::)

DonziJon
02-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Now, all of the BS aside, how about an original thought about how to solve for all of the crap that is supposedly coming our way from the deep, dark recesses of history that we didn't learn from the first time society went through it. .

YO: I've got an Original Thought. Take all the Liber....Socialists.... such as yourself, ....did I say that...:yes: out with the Politicians with your Agenda (to destroy this nation) and...Put them in front of a FIRING SQUAD. POOF. Do you get it yet???

BTW: That's just fighting Fire with Fire....don't you agree?..Comunists do firing squads all the time.

I apologize to the rest of the REAL Americans on this board that are the backbone of this site... AND America. ...For my unacceptable candid-ness.. John

PS: Sometimes I get a hold of myself and say..SELF..you need to styfle yourself. I did that last night and deleted a post. NOT tonight. :bonk:

boxy
02-18-2009, 06:25 PM
YO: I've got an Original Thought. Take all the Liber....Socialists.... such as yourself, ....did I say that...:yes: out with the Politicians with your Agenda (to destroy this nation) and...Put them in front of a FIRING SQUAD. POOF. Do you get it yet???
BTW: That's just fighting Fire with Fire....don't you agree?..Comunists do firing squads all the time.
I apologize to the rest of the REAL Americans on this board that are the backbone of this site... AND America. ...For my unacceptable candid-ness.. John
PS: Sometimes I get a hold of myself and say..SELF..you need to styfle yourself. I did that last night and deleted a post. NOT tonight. :bonk:

So Jon, exactly when were you the "most tolerant and caring" ?? :D

MOP
02-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Well they made it a law but we may have a little reprieve on how quick they spend it: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/18/us/18cabinet.html?_r=1&th&emc=th

BUIZILLA
02-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Obama purchasing 28 new Marine 1 helicopters at 11.5 billion dollars, so we now have M1 thru M28?

do we REALLY need 28 whirlybirds to haul around one Oby?

Donziweasel
02-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Story said he NEEDS 16 to 17, but is ordering another 10 to be safe. I almost barfed when I heard 400 million a piece. Airforce 1 did not cost that much, even when adjusted for inflation. Come on, it is a frickin' chopper.

The current Marine One is a VH-3D. New ones are AugustaWestland AW101. They are made by the British and Italians, but for this build, will be produced by Lockheed Martin under license as the US101.

Most Marine One's are from 1989. These helicopters get very little use, and in brand new condition and fine. When congress is bitching at the Big 3 arriving in private jets and Obama orders 28 of these frickin' things in this economy, then yeah, I am pissed.

DonziJon
02-18-2009, 06:48 PM
So Jon, exactly when were you the "most tolerant and caring" ?? :D

Got you wondering.....didn't I? :yes: I CARE about MY COUNTRY. :bonk:

Tony
02-18-2009, 07:58 PM
I just got called a liberal and a socialist...Loving it, because that would be a first. If you actually knew me, you would know that is SO far from the truth.

That is some very funny unintended irony, 'eh Todd?

Not that I've had any experience with negativity, or name-calling, or anything like that...:)

:beer:

Just Say N20
02-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Deleted.

Lenny
02-18-2009, 09:50 PM
DonziJon and others, I am not getting into this, cuz you wouldn't listen anyway, especially a voice from my quadrant, but having known Todd (personally, on his and Jills' doorstep, in the water, on the boat(s) or at the tapsets on his fridge :D , in Houston, in Dallas, in Miami, in Key West, in New York, in Kentucky ) for 8 years ...

you do not have the slightest clue about the person whom you are talking about.

Done... :(

Ranman
02-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Randy's three random thoughts of the day:

The only drama threads on Donzi.net anymore are about politics. Boring.

In the United States, it appears that the stupid by far out number the not-as-stupid and we all get one vote. Read the newspaper if you would like to get a flavor for the effects of this observation.

Lastly, I'd like to finish this post on a positive note. My suggestion? Load a boat up with bikinis and relax. :cool!::cool!:

http://themoot.net/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=59622
http://themoot.net/upload/monthly_02_2009/post-191-1234376705.jpg

Lenny
02-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Second from the right, top picture...in blue... I love her. Does she "go" :D

Ghost
02-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Second from the right, top picture...in blue... I love her. Does she "go" :D

Agreed. She stands in back and only pretends to play the bass, but who cares, she knows how to have a good time. :)

Jack Frost
02-19-2009, 12:57 PM
man guess i have been around some of you too long, cabin fever, sun deprivation , call it what you want. I haven't seen this much craziness since the winter of 76 when I stayed with an old college buddy for a few months he lost it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINDtlPXmmE

don't worry i am almost gone just a few more weeks, so have a drink,take your ridilin , and :chillpill:

so I am off on vacation and will try and stop in at a few parties hopefully i can find where Ranman par TAYS :yes:

It is like clock work by mid feb. some of you go deep sea fishin and need to be reeled in :nilly: