PDA

View Full Version : new england boat show - Boston, MA

1929rats
02-16-2009, 10:12 PM
just wanted to vent here for a minute, or, just drop a line of disapointment...

Boston boat show (also known as New england boat show aka neboatshow.com) had no representation exhibitted of donzi's. No Donzis in the northeast's largest boat show!

It says on the web site that Donzi representation would be there, but, at the show, no Donzis shown and no donzi listings in the shows program!

MAN, THAT WAS A DRAG! If there was a Donzi display there, please correct me, but I didnt see one!

I went there in particular to talk with dealers about ordering a new 18 and other stuff.

10.00 parking fee and 13.00 show admission, 7 dollars in tolls, and I found myself looking at boats I really didnt want to look at.....

OK, Im done now......what a drag.....

erikshube
02-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Thats a drag. I went to the Hartford show and nothing either. I wasn't surprised that they were not, but it would have been cool. The Miami International Boat Show was going on at the same time. Maybe suttin to do with that?

mattyboy
02-17-2009, 07:06 AM
there were none at the ac show either and that show is known for the attendance of go fasts, that too is to close to the miami show and with this year being as tight as it is i can see not going.

but in the ac show donzi was not on the list, who is the dealer up there???

DONZI
02-17-2009, 03:29 PM
If Beverly Port Marina was there. They are a DONZI dealer and great people.
Here is their website showing a left over 18 in stock also. I don't know where in Ma. you are located,but they would be worth calling and visiting.
http://www.beverlyportmarina.com/Donzi-2.htm

On a positive note for the Boating Industry. Sales were supposedly good at the Show and it has just started.
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO104706/

Too bad more HI-PO'S don't make the Show.:frown:
Where are ya planning on Boating ??

1929rats
02-18-2009, 03:09 PM
I looked at that very 18 at the worcester boat show last year....

Ive always had a second hand boat and really would like a new one to buy and keep "forever". That way I know what is done to the boat is "my way" and I know the history. There are a couple of things that have been done to my 16 that makes me shake my head.....Lets see what happens, the color of that stock boat isnt my first choice....

Anyway, I live less than 2 minutes from the lake quinsigamond boat ramp in Shrewsbury, so thats where I go most, also lake webster, CT river, by the Dyke in bourne/mashnee island, etc...

Splash
02-20-2009, 07:58 AM
I too wasn't really impressed, I skipped the Hartford show and made the trip to Boston because I was told it was a bigger show. My boys love the go fast boats and since Donzi was listed when I checked the web site I figured it would be a good trip. The only go fast we saw was a Baja Outlaw 26 and a formula 30' I think. They said they had 300 boats boat I didn't see any Donzi's, Fountains or Cigarette's, I just chalked it up to things not being so good.

Heck, last year I think Ocean had a 35ZR at the Hartford show and I did hear the Hartford show was a little slow but the local dealers did pretty well selling new boats.