PDA

View Full Version : The Scoop

DC18
02-15-2009, 10:51 PM
Pulled the engine hatch. Just couldn't leave it stock. Mounting a small scoop that will be functional. Will have a billet grill insert in the opening and silver pinstriping on the stripe only.A couple of pics.

Planetwarmer
02-15-2009, 11:51 PM
The scoop is wider than the stripe. Are you going to leave the stripe the same width, paint the scoop, or leave as is? Are you going to bolt on the scoop, or glass it in smooth?

I think the look of a nice scoop is cool. I am toying with the idea of putting a 65-66 shelby gt 350 R model hood scoop on mine.

I sure do like the clean lines of the original hood though!

DC18
02-16-2009, 06:56 AM
The scoop is wider than the stripe. Are you going to leave the stripe the same width, paint the scoop, or leave as is? Are you going to bolt on the scoop, or glass it in smooth?

I think the look of a nice scoop is cool. I am toying with the idea of putting a 65-66 shelby gt 350 R model hood scoop on mine.

I sure do like the clean lines of the original hood though!

Will be leaving the stripe same width. Scoop will be PPG black (stock color) and will be :wrench: bolted on.

DC18
02-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

If it was mine, it already has the raised hatch, I would consider a naca style duct for it, or else one of the Donzi scoops modified with a billet insert. Or, since I am trying to keep excess water out of mine and it doesnt need the breathing ability a scoop produces, have a talented painter paint the "grille" on..

The scoop will have a Billet insert. It is also designed with a "raised section" arround the opening to keep out water and the rear of the scoop also has a provision to let water out. This design has been tested and works extreamily well.

Carl C
02-16-2009, 08:56 AM
I like it

DC18
02-16-2009, 02:20 PM
I like it
:yes: THANK YOU :yes: