PDA

View Full Version : FogDucker/Jeremy ... this is cool

Lenny
02-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Went out today, AWESOME, hit 79 and got pulled over by the cops............:eek: :yes:

I am sure all went well tho... ??? yes ???

I have never been pulled over by the "cops" on the water since I started boating at age 7.

41 years later, still a non event. What did you do ?

fogducker III
02-15-2009, 07:36 PM
I am sure all went well tho... ??? yes ???

I have never been pulled over by the "cops" on the water since I started boating at age 7.

41 years later, still a non event. What did you do ?

Lenny, not a biggy, Titan and I went out today, I was out at 10am and run around to Brentwood, saw the RCMP boat leave Vav Isle as I went by, ran Brentwood and over to Cow Bay and back to Sidney where I met up with Mark. We ran to Brentwood Inn for lunch and when we got back to the boat ramp at Tulista, Mark was pulling his boat and the RCMP boat came along side me and asked for all details....:confused:

I had EVERYTHING on-board except for the paperwork for reg.......:nilly:

They were ass=holes IMO and I told them that, Mark was waiting to help me pull out, low tide, and they checked everything, which all was in order except the reg, they told me a photocopy on board was good...:confused:

I tried to explain to them a copy was not legal and I "should" have the original but on my boat it is lucky not to get wet........bottom line, I will make sure now, after 30 years + of boating, I have what "they" require on board......:yes:

In all the time I have boated, this is the second time being "pulled" over, first was during a Poker Run.........go figure......:popcorn:

fogducker III
02-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Ticket and pics to prove it...........:wink:

Ed Donnelly
02-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Ah They were just jealous of your Donzi.
On land, they go after any really cool cars......Ed

fogducker III
02-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Ah They were just jealous of your Donzi.
On land, they go after any really cool cars......Ed

Your right Ed, the "co-pilot" on-board the RCMP boat didn't have a clue and first thing he asked was, ' How fast is she?" I told him, " Fast enough to take you an hour to catch us....." :eek:

Ed Donnelly
02-15-2009, 09:17 PM
I got pulled over a few years ago, and, the first words out of the cops mouth
was. "You think you are someone special because you have a Ferrari??"

I told him I thought I was special because I knew the difference between
a Ferrari and a Detomaso Pantera!!

I smiled at him, said tata and left. He was so bumbfounded he didn't bother coming after me...Ed

Lenny
02-15-2009, 09:41 PM
VERY cool Jeremy (Ed) ...

I think the waters around our "place" , what, a BA-ZILLION square miles...
will be interesting this summer.

I always wanted folks to "wake up" and get some of these things, (DONZI'S) and now that we have about 3-4 here, all Hell breaks loose. :D

I don't drink and drive so I could give two $hits, and I have everything on board. There are NO laws as to speed here nor noise, so bring it on boys, giddy-up, lets have some fun.

Awesome Jeremy :)