PDA

View Full Version : Its Official!

Planetwarmer
02-15-2009, 12:07 AM
As of 12:01 am today, I am officially out of the military. I have mixed emotions, but I think it the right thing to do. I saw and did alot and am happy to have served 8 years, but now I am excited to see what the future holds for me.

I had to tell someone, but everyone is asleep or on a Valentine's date so I posted it here.

HOWARD O
02-15-2009, 05:41 AM
I'm very, very honored to be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! :worthy:

We're all indebted to you for your service and a big THANK YOU from my family to yours! :yes: :salute:

Good luck in your future! Hope you have a great celebration today! :beer:

dolens
02-15-2009, 06:30 AM
I know that's a tough thing to do. I just got out 4 years ago, after 10 years in. Its a huge life change, but it is VERY nice not to worry about all the politics anymore. What branch were you in?

gold-n-rod
02-15-2009, 06:54 AM
Thank you for your service, Planetwarmer!

Sweet Cheekz
02-15-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm very, very honored to be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! :worthy:

We're all indebted to you for your service and a big THANK YOU from my family to yours! :yes: :salute:

Good luck in your future! Hope you have a great celebration today! :beer:

Well Said and Ditto! NK

Carl C
02-15-2009, 10:23 AM
8 years! Thank you. You are my hero.:salute:

hot shot
02-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Thank you for all of your sacrafice and dedication to the united states of america... I hope to get to know you that thank you in person... mabe aoth ? Mick:salute::salute:

breeze400
02-15-2009, 12:39 PM
A VERY VERY STRONG THANK YOU for your service to our country!!!!:cool!::cool!::cool!:. Because of the deadication of people like you, The rest of us can enjoy our DONZI'S along with the rest of the boating comunity and there boats!

Sam :cool::cool::cool:

Planetwarmer
02-15-2009, 12:59 PM
I know that's a tough thing to do. I just got out 4 years ago, after 10 years in. Its a huge life change, but it is VERY nice not to worry about all the politics anymore. What branch were you in?

Air Force SF

dolens
02-15-2009, 01:05 PM
I was also Air Force. AMMO for 7 years and Satellite Operations for 3 years. I have been stationed at Lakenheath in the UK, Shaw AFB in South Carolina, Spangdahlem AB in Germany and Schriever AFB in Colorado Springs. It was a great way to see places!

Air 22
02-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Planet...Thank You for your Service:salute:...from one service member to another congrats!

Your Service is very much appreciated. We pray every day for our current and past service members who have protected this great country.:salute::thumbsup:

Ghost
02-15-2009, 02:06 PM
THANK YOU for your service, and congratulations and best wishes on starting your new career.

BigGrizzly
02-15-2009, 03:36 PM
THANK YOU I am an Army brat and am very patriotic too.

Planetwarmer
02-15-2009, 11:25 PM
Planet...Thank You for your Service:salute:...from one service member to another congrats!

Your Service is very much appreciated. We pray every day for our current and past service members who have protected this great country.:salute::thumbsup:

Thank you, sir! That means alot coming from a wing commander.

By the way, what is "L.G.D.C.C"? I tried looking that up a few months ago and didn't find anything.

Air 22
02-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Thank you, sir! That means alot coming from a wing commander.

By the way, what is "L.G.D.C.C"? I tried looking that up a few months ago and didn't find anything.

Planet...sorry to let ya down...I was in the US Coast Guard...got out after the 1st Gulf War and I fly for a living now.:wink:
L.G.D.C.C has no military meaning at all..its sad humor...:)
it stands for Lake George Donzi Classic Club...I went to highschool there etc.

That being said... I have the utmost respect for your service .:wink:

Planetwarmer
02-15-2009, 11:53 PM
So it would be more like a "trim tab commander"?

Air 22
02-16-2009, 07:08 AM
Yes...:)

chappy
02-16-2009, 07:13 AM
Not to sound like a broken record, but I believe it's impossible to say "Thank You" too many times to anyone that's served our country and it's citizens. Thank You for everything you've done.:salute:

fegettes
02-16-2009, 11:36 AM
I am proud of you.

I have said many times, the second best thing I ever did was to go in to the Marine Corps.

And the best thing I ever did, was get out.

Some will see the humor in this, and some will understand, but four years was enough.

Just Say N20
02-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Not to sound like a broken record, but I believe it's impossible to say "Thank You" too many times to anyone that's served our country and it's citizens. Thank You for everything you've done.:salute:

Absolutely!

Thank You!

smokediver
02-16-2009, 12:12 PM
thanks a million ! I got out in 89 ... no regrets ... best of luck to you !!!