PDA

View Full Version : gauges

zelatore
02-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Who makes the closest match to the stock '01 Gafrig II gauges? I haven't seen them for sale under the Gafrig II name, but I'm hoping somebody sells the same parts under a different name (?) or there is a very similar gauge out there.

I'm looking for a boost and fuel pressure gauge to add to the dash without having to re-do everything to get a decent match, although I guess if I _had_ to replace them all I'd consider it.

gcarter
02-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Don, one thing you might consider is to mount those two gauges to the right of the steering wheel. Just find something close.

zelatore
02-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Actually, I'm planning to do a full custom engine turned dash to accommodate the gauges, new switches, and trim indicators. Just gotta find a pair of gauges that look right or break down and buy a full set ($$$)

rtgogo
02-12-2009, 07:54 PM
I've been searchin the net and watchin Ebay for a GPS speedo to match the same set of gauges and think the white faced Livorsi redline series with the white trim is pretty close...has the orange needle and looks like the same trim ring style and number font...I'd like to know what else you find....thanks!

VetteLT193
02-12-2009, 11:06 PM
the new gauges are Livorsi II. they match, minus the name. Livorsi lost the lawsuit with gaffrig over the name but they are the same gauge

Donzigo
02-13-2009, 12:25 AM
...........correction ........... Mike Livorsi won that federal lawsuit a few years ago; but, since the family of the late Mr. Gaffrig were allowed by the court and decided to also make gauges, Mike decided to make the gauges under his own name to avoid confusion in the marketplace and everyone has followed him.

It's well documented on this and other sites.

............. my source: Mike ............(and it happened a long time ago)

mrfixxall
02-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Who makes the closest match to the stock '01 Gafrig II gauges? I haven't seen them for sale under the Gafrig II name, but I'm hoping somebody sells the same parts under a different name (?) or there is a very similar gauge out there.
I'm looking for a boost and fuel pressure gauge to add to the dash without having to re-do everything to get a decent match, although I guess if I _had_ to replace them all I'd consider it.

Theirs a few on ebay!

VetteLT193
02-17-2009, 09:26 AM
...........correction ........... Mike Livorsi won that federal lawsuit a few years ago; but, since the family of the late Mr. Gaffrig were allowed by the court and decided to also make gauges, Mike decided to make the gauges under his own name to avoid confusion in the marketplace and everyone has followed him.
It's well documented on this and other sites.
............. my source: Mike ............(and it happened a long time ago)

When I read the court documents it looked like Livorsi lost to me, although they didn't lose any money, they lost the Gaffrig name rights.

In conclusion, the Court orders that: (1) GPI2's request for an injunction against LMI's use of any trademark or tradename incorporating the word GAFFRIG, or the use of such a mark on, or in connection with the sale of, any marine products, is GRANTED; and (2) LMI's federal trademark registrations for the GAFFRIG PRECISION INSTRUMENTS trademark (U.S. Registration No. 1,801,915); the GAFFRIG trademark (U.S. Registration No. 2,528,898); and the GAFFRIG II trademark (U.S. Registration No. 2,535,322) will be CANCELLED. All other relief is DENIED.

IT IS SO ORDERED.

12/19/03

Dated

The Honorable William J. Hibbler

JUDGMENT IN A CIVIL CASE