PDA

View Full Version : 18 Classic Windscreen

LCMarine
02-12-2009, 02:25 PM
We are building a windscreen to fit on Donzi 18 Classic's. The windscreen is made from aluminum and comes primed and ready to paint to match your boat. We are building these to order at a price of $995.00 + shipping & any taxes that are applicable. We can be reached at Lighthouse Cove Marina, 616-837-0859, or e-mail @ lcmarine@hughes.net We are located at 15078-120th ave, Nunica Mi. Installation and custom painting, and complete restoration is also available at our location.

glashole
02-12-2009, 03:37 PM
if you are building them from aluminum why don't you polish them instead of painting

would be much more desirable in my opinion

dp2002mt
02-12-2009, 07:05 PM
thats my boat being restored by mike at lighthouse cove,these guys do awesome work at a very affordable price,im going to be picking out a restorable 22 footer when this ones done,and lighthouse will be doing another resto for me...

Choprpilot
02-13-2009, 11:26 PM
It would be nice to see a picture with a side view of the boat!
It think it would also be nice If it were available in fiberglass ... Then you could shoot it with gelcoat ... Just my opinion.

LKSD
02-14-2009, 12:17 PM
thats my boat being restored by mike at lighthouse cove,these guys do awesome work at a very affordable price,im going to be picking out a restorable 22 footer when this ones done,and lighthouse will be doing another resto for me...

I was wondering what you decided to do for a windshield after we talked numerous times last year about different things. I remember you werent sure if you were going to like the OEM Plexi one or not.

Good luck to you in your projects. :) Jamie / Lakeside

Carl C
02-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Those are awesome. I've always been a fan of the aluminum fairing over the windshield and the wind-aways clamp to them nicely. IMO painting them to match the boat is the only way to go. You can barely see mine in my avatar with the wind-aways(and my fat ass).

LKSD
02-14-2009, 01:15 PM
There are pros & cons to the aluminum, like not being able to see out of it, but in the classic it's not much of a strain to look over it. But they are stronger usually than the plexi & are less likely to be damaged. It is a matter of preference, but they can look good when done right. I too like when they are painted to match. Carl's is done nicely as are the AE & Shelby's.. We also sold an Aluminum one to HotShot which his paint guy also made a nice job of that we got of the Shelby line for him.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

tmkassab
07-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Can you make this for a 1996 22 Classic?

chappy
07-28-2009, 07:33 PM
You may want to try the phone number in the first post, or the email address provided. Hasn't been on the board since this thread was started. Good luck.