PDA

View Full Version : I must confess

mattyboy
02-11-2009, 03:01 PM
i have spent all the boat fund and have become a toon boater i am giving up on planing hulls and go fast boats from now on just putt putt around the lake

osur866
02-11-2009, 03:19 PM
There isn't anything wrong with a party bardge. :)

CHACHI
02-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Matty, my bride wants to get one.

It will be a good time.

Ken

Marlin275
02-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Looks like it has a lighthouse under that tarp?:)

BUIZILLA
02-11-2009, 03:32 PM
you did whaaaattttttt ???? :popcorn:

Donziweasel
02-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Ohhhh the horror........:popcorn::bonk:

Please say it isn't so...........................

zelatore
02-11-2009, 04:40 PM
This is some kind of cruel joke, isn't it?

The Hedgehog
02-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Ohhhh the horror........:popcorn::bonk:
Please say it isn't so...........................

A cartoon boat. That falls into the moped and well...category.

My father told me a long time ago that he would disown me if I got one. He is a good man.

f_inscreenname
02-11-2009, 04:55 PM
That's fine, that's fine...just sit over there and try not to get in the way.http://www.supernova19.com/forumcw/Smileys/classic/drive.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

http://www.supernova19.com/forumcw/Smileys/classic/grin.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);) http://www.supernova19.com/forumcw/Smileys/classic/grin.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

mrfixxall
02-11-2009, 04:57 PM
i have spent all the boat fund and have become a toon boater i am giving up on planing hulls and go fast boats from now on just putt putt around the lake

Yep im with ya!! ummmmm wheres the donzi stickers, you couls always put some over the name thats on the toon boat and make everybody scratch the heads( i dont remember donzi making pontoon boats :wink:

Carl C
02-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Well at least you didn't get a sail boat...........:boat:

Ghost
02-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Yep im with ya!! ummmmm wheres the donzi stickers, you couls always put some over the name thats on the toon boat and make everybody scratch the heads( i dont remember donzi making pontoon boats :wink:

Two hulls--maybe a Skater logo.

p729lws
02-11-2009, 05:23 PM
What's next, a Miata???

Dan

The Hedgehog
02-11-2009, 05:50 PM
What's next, a Miata???
Dan

Yes, even worse than a mini van.

Sam
02-11-2009, 06:09 PM
CONFESSION: Out of all the boats I have owned and own currently my pontoon is by far the most enjoyable. Don't get me wrong every boat has it's place but the toon is by far the most versatile as well as needing precious little maintenance. I put it in the water I early spring and pull it in early Nov:yes:. My cleaning tools are an an old beater vacuum and some vinyl cleaner. Once every couple weeks and I'm good to go......a full cover helps.

The Hedgehog
02-11-2009, 07:05 PM
CONFESSION: Out of all the boats I have owned and own currently my pontoon is by far the most enjoyable. Don't get me wrong every boat has it's place but the toon is by far the most versatile as well as needing precious little maintenance. I put it in the water I early spring and pull it in early Nov:yes:. My cleaning tools are an an old beater vacuum and some vinyl cleaner. Once every couple weeks and I'm good to go......a full cover helps.

There are some things you keep to yourself:popcorn:

knots2u
02-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Matty, that's really not the sort of thing you just blurt out on the internet. Soon you will be posting about the porta-potty, built in keg cooler, barbecue grill, diving board and slide from the upper deck, and a stripper pole.

Hmmmmm, how many people can it hold?

mattyboy
02-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Ya do know Pearson ain't gonna allow that thing ANYWHERE's near the Algonquin right??
Hell, after the impeachment hearings, he might just have ya banned from the entire lake :) :)

wait til he finds out that at 26 feet it takes mine and his dock space at treasure cove :eek:

Last Tango
02-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Good thing that pontoon boat has a cover on it. We don't tolerate GRAPHIC photos on this board.

Mattyboy, whatever you are smokin' must have come from that peanut butter factory in Georgia.

Kirbyvv
02-12-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm speechless, but knowing what I do about Matty, i don't believe a word of it.

But...with knowing you have one in college and another headed there I can see where the boat fund might have gone...

Ghost
02-12-2009, 12:02 PM
What's the saying, "pontoon boats are like mopeds...." (Wait, maybe that wasn't pontoon boats.)

But let's face it. Even if Matty IS playing us, can you ever remember not having fun on a pontoon boat? Sure, when I see one or two people out on the Chesapeake trying to use one like a boat, different story. But we all know better than that--for the evening booze cruise with 10-20 friends, it has its place.

mattyboy
02-12-2009, 04:57 PM
20 21 whatever it takes

gero1
02-12-2009, 05:20 PM
where's the grill?

Lenny
02-12-2009, 05:29 PM
I recognize 4 people on that thing and one of them IS Pearson so obviously he is OK with it.

But, on a side note, I actually wonder if MATTY didn't in fact buy an aluminum boat lift and that there IS an 18' DONZI on top of it under that cover.

????

Donziweasel
02-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Man, that thing is riding low with all those people........

BUIZILLA
02-12-2009, 05:58 PM
don't think Pearson's on there...

DonziJon
02-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Man, that thing is riding low with all those people........

Greenwood Lake is a Puddle. Overloaded Toons are not a problem. Actually. I'm not even sure they allow Toon boats over 18' on the lake. I've been there. :yes: I like Greenwood Lake. I used to work at Sullivans. It was my first paying job. :lookaroun: John

Just Say N20
02-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Yikes! That boat is about 3 people away from sinking. Not a good thing when you can barely see the tops of the flotation cylinders. When they go under there is no additional bouyancy. :eek:

Carl C
02-12-2009, 06:42 PM
I knitted a cover for my lighthouse scrapbook but at least I didn't sell my Donzi and get a 'toon. A 'toon is a second or third boat.......sooooooo....whatcha hidin'?

mattyboy
02-12-2009, 06:46 PM
relax everyone that was a shuttle to the 130 boats rafted off in the bay in front of the algonquin in lake george it was a 20 foot ride to the dock that toon carried almost all 275 people that were at the lunch stop that day
stand on the bow he came by picked you up dropped you off and then made a return trip it was a rush when it started to rain

the raft up was a site to see

and that there toon i got me ain't no light weight with 24 inch flat top toons them there is 25 inch round toons

Ghost
02-12-2009, 06:48 PM
I knitted a cover for my lighthouse scrapbook but at least I didn't sell my Donzi and get a 'toon. A 'toon is a second or third boat.......sooooooo....whatcha hidin'?

So long as you didn't macrame yourself a pair of jean shorts. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) :)

DonziJon
02-12-2009, 06:52 PM

This is a Little off topic but I can't let it go. Carl: What is That.. up on your foredeck in your new Avatar...Did a large seagull land up there? I don't even want to contemplate the alternative...Just wondering. :lookaroun: John

mattyboy
02-12-2009, 06:52 PM

i don't know if I'd a said that out loud carl.

not hiding anything no performance boats for me that's the spot were the 16 used to live

mattyboy
02-12-2009, 06:55 PM
This is a Little off topic but I can't let it go. Carl: What is That.. up on your foredeck in your new Avatar...Did a large seagull land up there? I don't even want to contemplate the alternative...Just wondering. :lookaroun: John

some how i think i am glad i have avatars and signatures turned off don't want to know not no how not no way

Ghost
02-12-2009, 07:06 PM
some how i think i am glad i have avatars and signatures turned off don't want to know not no how not no way

Wha? Think what you're missing. JustMercMe's magical wonder twins avatar. And Hedgehog's "Michael Phelps looking like D-Day from Animal House" shot. Just to name two...

fogducker III
02-12-2009, 07:12 PM

Isn't that a stress "crack"....? :wink:

boxy
02-12-2009, 07:15 PM

I'm pretty sure that a guy who bunks under the deck of a 22 Classic with another guy probably shouldn't be questioning anyone else's manhood ..... :nilly::nilly:

I'm just saying .... :D :D

Jraysray
02-12-2009, 09:34 PM
20 21 whatever it takes

Funny story, we were on the lake (Pre-Donzi) and I asked the wife which boat she liked, she picked out three different Toons! I thought she was kidding until she started explaining why. They were all solid reasons...... I was floored. Bought the 18 a month later. The sex appeal of the boat won her over.

mattyboy
02-13-2009, 06:21 AM
nope this one is pimped out a flat screen and a hood so sun glare ain't no biggie, a few watts for tunes a sat recv'r so they come in clear, Xbox to keep the youngins happy, big ole 4 stroke yammie, SS grill. and we picked up a small floating pc dock so when we are anchored I can break away and run down to the watering hole ;)

I can't believe I have missed this kinda floatin style
oil, props ,trim tabs , who needs that $#!+
Marie can't wait ti the lake thaws and the party barge hits the water

Carl C
02-13-2009, 07:51 AM

That's me mooning all you guys. Pulling up the anchor.

i don't know if I'd a said that out loud carl.

not hiding anything no performance boats for me that's the spot were the 16 used to live

I know I should have put in on the other thread so no one would actually think I knit and scrapbook. I DO like lighthouses though. "America's Castles"

gcarter
02-13-2009, 08:18 AM
I really can't say anything bad about 'toon boats since one rescued us on the Minx after the 20 year old Alpha died.

My only complaint is how many are driven by the old pharts around here.....
But then, who am I to talk.

I remember one time at a busy restaurant dock when a geezer w/a boat load tried to dock by the Braille method.

zelatore
02-13-2009, 10:01 AM
I remember one time at a busy restaurant dock when a geezer w/a boat load tried to dock by the Braille method.

It's been my experience that this technique is not constrained by age, social class, or budget.

mattyboy
02-13-2009, 12:55 PM
think madpoodle saw that up close ( to close for his comfort) in kentucky one year

so i see how it is I will just not post anymore about the toon :rolleyes:

boxy
02-13-2009, 04:02 PM
think madpoodle saw that up close ( to close for his comfort) in kentucky one year

so i see how it is I will just not post anymore about the toon :rolleyes:

Matty, bring the toon to Lake George. We'll tell Pearson we have a special cake for him ....
May I have 10,000 marbles please ..... :nilly:
vAChr_Bqf1Q

Izq9FPr_9d8

f_inscreenname
02-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Now if you did this you would get a little respect back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCEF6zOFj2o&feature=related

mattyboy
02-14-2009, 01:29 PM
yeah baby that would make a few classic owners pucker, getting spanked by a float boat HEHE

but that will not happen for me it is a quiet 4 stroke yammie wonder if that bad boy has the lifting strakes on the toons supposedly they increase speed with alot of lift

Ranman
02-14-2009, 08:38 PM
What's next, a Miata???
Dan

I love it that this joke is still alive!!!:shades::shades:

boxy
02-14-2009, 08:55 PM
I love it that this joke is still alive!!!:shades::shades:

RANDEL was even mentioned in a thread this week ..... :pimp:

JimG
02-14-2009, 09:01 PM
:)Hey Randy! The funniest part about that joke... I still own mine! Drive it back and forth to work every day...

Wish I had a buck for every time I got this on email...he he!

mattyboy
02-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Matty, bring the toon to Lake George. We'll tell Pearson we have a special cake for him ....
May I have 10,000 marbles please ..... :nilly:

funny you should mention it. 2 years ago when the new administration took over the village gov't they started with all sorts of new laws for the law changing speed limits and stuff. the village sponsors a decorated boat parade every year and they travel down the arm of the lake which is a no wake zone and it passes most of the restaurants on the lake. mostly attended by the tight asses in the community with no sense of humor. we were very annoyed that the do not allow beaching of boats at the village sandy beach , this year the mayor said that the parade would end beached at the village beach and each boat could stay there and enjoy the rest of the day
so the plan was this we enter the 16 in and we decorated it like a float with fraternity emblems on it and we have jamie and marie dressed as stewardesses or cheerleaders and as the parade ends we cut the cord loosing the float decoration and revealing the little 16 and then we gun it thru the parade line swamping all the other boats. it was a great plan until marie pointed out the following

in her words

hey shi tt4 brains
you own the only red and white 16 on the lake
your registration numbers will give you away
and you can't afford a divorce lawyer !!!!!! ;)

i had the boat done up and all

yeah the miata thing still makes me chuckle

f_inscreenname
02-15-2009, 11:52 AM
They knew who it was in Animal House also but it didn't stop them from doing it.:wink:

DonziJon
02-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Isn't that a stress "crack"....? :wink:

You know, I try to put everything in perspective and not respond to every post...BUT.. this one makes me SMILE every time I think about it..Thank you FOGGY. :wink: John

Ghost
02-15-2009, 06:06 PM
I'll stir the $hit a little--what's wrong with a Miata? The Miata was great! Now, I don't care much for what they did with the styling since the original, which I owned for a couple years, but it was never supposed to be a high performance car, just a true roadster with modern reliability and a top that sealed. Great ride and roadfeel. And it sparked the industry to bring us all the joy of the Boxsters, Z3s and Z4s, etc. God bless the Miata. <ducking> :)

zelatore
02-15-2009, 11:55 PM
I'll stir the $hit a little--what's wrong with a Miata? The Miata was great! Now, I don't care much for what they did with the styling since the original, which I owned for a couple years, but it was never supposed to be a high performance car, just a true roadster with modern reliability and a top that sealed. Great ride and roadfeel. And it sparked the industry to bring us all the joy of the Boxsters, Z3s and Z4s, etc. God bless the Miata. <ducking> :)

Wow, I didn't know you had Big Love for the Miata!

But to tell the truth, I've driven first and second gen Miatas (NOT mine!) both on the street and on the track and other than a lack of torque, they are pretty good cars. I recall a prototype they once showed of a kamm tailed hard top version - had they actually built that I think I might have bought one.

Ghost
02-16-2009, 04:30 AM
Actually, on reflection, I can think of two things that did $uck about the car. One was just bad timing I think. (Probably fixed in 2nd gen.) The first gen car was geared with the 55MPH speed limit in place. At 75, it was revving too high, and needed a 6th gear, whereas my Spider felt like an easy 70-75 hwy cruise was intended.

The other was the Miata weirdos. I suspect this is where some of the bad rap may have been earned.

</hijack>

And now back to the joys of pontoon boats...

zelatore
02-16-2009, 09:35 AM
<hijack>

So Miatas are for gays

'toons are for old farts

And Cuda already explained that BMW's are for pricks...
(I'll thank him properly for that someday)

So where did that Porsche you just let go fit in?

</hijack>

Ghost
02-16-2009, 09:49 AM
If I hadn't had many years of small convertibles since school, I think everyone would have said it was a midlife crisis car. Maybe my whole adult life is a crisis.

Of course, according to "Crazy People" with Dudley Moore and Daryl Hannah:

"Volvo. They're boxy, but they're good."

"Jaguar. For men who like handjobs from beautiful women they don't know."

"Porsche. While they're too small to get laid IN, you get laid as soon as you get out!"

JimG
02-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Y'all forgot one...

Half-ton pickups are for girls...:popcorn:

Seriously, I'd own a pontoon boat in a heartbeat if I lived on a lake. Love those things.

zelatore
02-16-2009, 12:19 PM
If I hadn't had many years of small convertibles since school, I think everyone would have said it was a midlife crisis car. Maybe my whole adult life is a crisis.

Of course, according to "Crazy People" with Dudley Moore and Daryl Hannah:

"Volvo. They're boxy, but they're good."

"Jaguar. For men who like handjobs from beautiful women they don't know."

"Porsche. While they're too small to get laid IN, you get laid as soon as you get out!"

Classic lines. I had forgotten the Porsche one.

"Hello"

Ghost
02-16-2009, 12:31 PM
I think my favorite from that movie was where Darryl Hannah is trying to get a reluctant Dudley Moore to start the project where the asylum inmates can do advertising campaigns.

Moore: they don't want to do advertising.

Hannah: Sure they do. <turns to room> WHO WANTS TO BE AN AD MAN?

<inmates all go nuts, screaming yes, etc>

Hannah: See?

Moore: <turns to room? WHO WANTS TO BE A FIRE ENGINE?

<inmates all go nuts again>

zelatore
02-16-2009, 01:12 PM
And speaking of Admen....
(since the original topic is already totally wasted)

Anybody watching Trust Me on the 'ol Telly?

Quite a bit of air-time for Chris Craft when one partner is trying to convince the other he needs a boat to compliment his new job title.

mattyboy
02-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Took four days, but I finally found something for ya at the Miamuh show Matty...

very nice not to far off the colors of the san pan sitting in my driveway I like it, looks comfy and nice sun protection so i can cut down of my visits to dermatologist ;)