PDA

View Full Version : Anybody seen this?

zelatore
02-11-2009, 11:46 AM
http://www.boattest.com/Resources/view_news.aspx?NewsID=3153

Mastercraft is launching a new 30' pickle fork cruiser.

I don't know if I like it or not, but I'll give them credit for taking a bold step. Launching their biggest boat to date, not to mention going into totally new territory for the company, in this market is a little crazy.

I have to wonder how that bow will work on real water though.

The arch, btw, looks very Regal. imo, that's not a good thing, but I know others like it.

Expect $300K with twin small block Indmar's (Indmar?? I expected them to go with Crusader)

Ghost
02-11-2009, 12:35 PM
http://www.boattest.com/Resources/view_news.aspx?NewsID=3153

Mastercraft is launching a new 30' pickle fork cruiser.

I don't know if I like it or not, but I'll give them credit for taking a bold step. Launching their biggest boat to date, not to mention going into totally new territory for the company, in this market is a little crazy.

I have to wonder how that bow will work on real water though.

The arch, btw, looks very Regal. imo, that's not a good thing, but I know others like it.

Expect $300K with twin small block Indmar's (Indmar?? I expected them to go with Crusader)

Agreed. Even if the thing is not for me, I commend them for having a pair.

RE: Indmars, haven't MC been using them forever? (Wouldn't Crusaders have been new territory?) Been a while since I looked closely at MC, but I always thought they used Indmar, and Nautique used PCM. May just be showing my age.

handfulz28
02-11-2009, 12:43 PM
I don't know if it will work in the current market, but the marketing seems dead on: babyboomers whose kids are moving out and instead of a ski boat they want to cruise and party with their friends. It'll be a great lake/river boat and they have brand loyalty going for them.

Indmar has been Mastercraft's engine provider for decades. They've got the coolest stuff out there.

zelatore
02-11-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm sure they stuck with Indmar because they use it in the smaller boats. I've just never seen them in bigger boats and had assumed they would run Crusader since they are the popular choice in that market (discounting Volvo).

I see they are also going to offer Cummins power, but I can't imagine a lot of people in the US market buying diesels in a small 30' boat like this.

smidgen too
02-18-2009, 06:32 PM
This 1980 Wellcraft cats hull looks a little like it.

BUIZILLA
02-18-2009, 06:44 PM
I will say this, I don't know what happened with the ergo's and the gaudy designs of todays ski boats, but the vast majority at the Miami Show were, IMHO.... hideous... at best... :bonk:

zelatore
02-18-2009, 08:04 PM
I will say this, I don't know what happened with the ergo's and the gaudy designs of todays ski boats, but the vast majority at the Miami Show were, IMHO.... hideous... at best... :bonk:

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I find most ski boats these days to be pretty hideous myself.

Well, maybe I should amend that, since there are actually very few 'ski' boats built. It's the whole wake-board set I don't care for much. Too much like water born skateboarders.

kcatucci
02-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Hideous is the right word.

HOWARD O
02-19-2009, 03:47 PM
FUGLY as all get out!
Not a pretty line on that whole boat....my jonboat looks more graceful. :shocking:

Ghost
02-19-2009, 05:10 PM
It's the whole wake-board set I don't care for much. Too much like water born skateboarders.

Toyist.