PDA

View Full Version : We have paid the bills since income tax invoked!

MOP
02-10-2009, 12:26 PM
I was speaking with my accountant, he has one of the best ideas yet!!!!

We have paid all the bills for this country, we are one of the very highest taxed nations for what we get!

Did any of them spend it in our behalf, I do not think so!

His idea is for ter Gov to give us the tax payers back our money, to qualify you have to be a citizen, employed And paid taxes for at least 10 years.

Take 5,000,000.000 and break it down to about one half million to everyone that qualifies with the caveat that you cannot spend a penny until all of your bills are paid up.

That would bail the banks out, alos many would have money left over so why not buy a car that would bail the auto industry.

Give us back our money and let us bail our own country without the help of the crooked politicians, it is OUR $$$$$$$$$$$ that they spent foolishly!

The pork has to stop! Not since the 60's have I heard so many talk of revolution! This Gov has stopped being for the people and by the people, we are nothing but pawns in the game of chess!

gold-n-rod
02-10-2009, 01:19 PM
This "solution" has circulated the internet for months. I think I even saw it here. The math does not work.

Snopes says: http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/dividend.asp

boxy
02-10-2009, 01:42 PM
You did see it here, it was Phil who posted it .... :D

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54237&page=2

09-26-2008, 12:45 PM #27
MOP

Better way to pump the economy! Borrowed from a friend!!!!!!!!!!

The 'We Deserve It Dividend'

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00
bailout of AIG. Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve It Dividend!
I'm no math genius, so to make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens that are 18+ years of age. Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair estimate of adults 18 and up. So divide 200,000,000 adults that are 18+ into $85 billon. That equals $425,000.00. Here's where we all get excited.
My plan is to give $425,000 to every person that is 18+ years of age as a 'We Deserve It Dividend'. Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So let's assume a tax rate of 30%. So...... Every US Citizen that is 18+ years of age would have to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends $25,500,000,000.00 right back to Uncle Sam. It also means that every adult 18+ years of age has $297,500.00 in their pocket.
A husband and wife have $595,000.00 free and clear.!!
What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?
Again, back to basics here;
Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved
Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads
Put away money for college - it'll be there
Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs
Buy a new car - create jobs
Invest in the market - capital drives growth
Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves
Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else
Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ years of age including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. Most importantly, really paying those serving in our Armed Forces! If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ('vote buy' ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.
If we're going to do an $85 billion dollar bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!
As for the problem companies;
AIG - liquidate it. Sell off its parts
Let American General go back to being American General. Sell off the real estate and let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up. Here's my rationale, we deserve it and AIG doesn't.
Sure it's a crazy idea that of course can 'never work', but can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party! How do you spell Economic Boom? I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion 'We Deserve It Dividend' more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC. And remember, The Family plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.
Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.
PS: Feel free to pass this along to your friends as it's good for a laugh, a tear, a very sobering thought or it's going to make it to National News on how to best use $85 Billion dollars.!!

smbarcelow
02-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Does the math work if you add another $150,000,000.00 to the largest example Snopes analyzed and apply it only to those who are citizens who have paid taxes for at least 10 years (as MOP suggested) rather than dividing among all adults?

The Hedgehog
02-10-2009, 05:20 PM
It is a better idea than some of the crap I have seen proposed. I watched the Pres last night. He didn't really say anything. I could not believe he took 5 min to answer that stupid question about A-rod. Let's see, two wars and a serious economic situation, what the heck, let's talk about baseball! Can we say trying to kill time.

mjw930
02-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Does the math work if you add another $150,000,000.00 to the largest example Snopes analyzed and apply it only to those who are citizens who have paid taxes for at least 10 years (as MOP suggested) rather than dividing among all adults?

Nope. $150B / 100M 10 year tax payers = $1500 / person.

Here's the math for $500K / person:
(5 x 10*5) x (1 x 10*8) = 5 x 10*13 or 50,000,000,000,000 or 50 TRILLION dollars.

If I was MOP I'd get a new accountant ;)

Donzi Vol
02-10-2009, 07:58 PM
It is a better idea than some of the crap I have seen proposed. I watched the Pres last night. He didn't really say anything. I could not believe he took 5 min to answer that stupid question about A-rod. Let's see, two wars and a serious economic situation, what the heck, let's talk about baseball! Can we say trying to kill time.

Yeah, I thought the exact same thing. All I thought after that thing was how upset I was that my usual DVR'd shows got blocked by his banter.

boxy
02-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Yeah, I thought the exact same thing. All I thought after that thing was how upset I was that my usual DVR'd shows got blocked by his banter.
"How I met your Mother" got completely bumped .... I need a Barney Stintson fix ...... :pimp:

The Hedgehog
02-10-2009, 08:32 PM

I will be up in your neck of the woods with that IPA next week. I will leave the pres up in Washington

boxy
02-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Jack Bauer was seen in his entirety :) )
Renee is a hottie, I hope they don't kill her off anytime soon..

Jack had some great one liners last night ....

Donzi Vol
02-10-2009, 09:05 PM
I will be up in your neck of the woods with that IPA next week. I will leave the pres up in Washington

Cool man. Give me a call or send me a PM when you're heading this way. I will be in Knoxville for the rest of weekends until March at which time I'll be living in Knoxville again. But I'll be here working hard through the weeks.

Tony
02-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Jack Bauer was seen in his entirety :) )

Renee is a hottie, I hope they don't kill her off anytime soon..

Since about the 4th or 5th hour I've been calling Renee "Jacklyn Bauer"! :cool!:

:beer:

Tony
02-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Jack had some great one liners last night ....

Madam President; "How do I know you can get the job done?"

Jack Bauer; "Ask around."

boxy
02-10-2009, 10:08 PM

That was a great line ........

txtaz
02-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Talk about a hijacked thread....Get your own room.:bonk:

Phil,
Hymmm, borrowing money(Govmt) to pay off borrowed money(individual)...Isn't that how we got here in the first place?

The real problem is we do not produce enough goods and services to get us out of this mess. How about some old fashion values like earning and paying for what you have?

Da Taz

zelatore
02-11-2009, 09:40 AM

I heard the original line was "Because I'm Jack F#cking Bauer!" but they had to edit it...

Actually, you guys are killing me on this - I don't watch much TV during the week since I'm on the boat; I'll have the latest episode on the DVR when I get home.

The Hedgehog
02-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Talk about a hijacked thread....Get your own room.:bonk:
Phil,
Hymmm, borrowing money(Govmt) to pay off borrowed money(individual)...Isn't that how we got here in the first place?
The real problem is we do not produce enough goods and services to get us out of this mess. How about some old fashion values like earning and paying for what you have?
Da Taz

That is exactly how we got there in the first place. I listen to these academics preach about this and none of them have a clue. Banks will lend money now and always have. If you have decent credit and can show that you can pay it back, you can borrow. I go in banks every day that are looking for business.

Ok, so the over leveraged borrower that was relying on a credit score and a "stated" income has to actually justify that they can pay back debt. Big deal. If they are over leveraged, they don't need it. If we go back to that practice we will just get into a bigger mess.