PDA

View Full Version : Hot Boat Magazine

Craig S
02-10-2009, 07:43 AM
I called last night to see where my February issue was...I don't think they made it.

All the numbers listed on the December issue were disconnected.

Anyone heard anything else about that?

Craig

CJmike
02-10-2009, 07:45 AM
There was a thread on OSO. Pretty sure they are gone.

Carl C
02-10-2009, 07:56 AM
I'd guess that they are done. The web site is gone too.

chappy
02-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Heard a rumor that they were closing their operation.

Carl C
02-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Just read the OSO thread. Hot Boat is done. I have one of those highly desired Hot Boat T-shirts for $1,000:nilly:. Actually I have 2 or 3 of 'em. I better not wear them very often.

Craig S
02-10-2009, 08:32 AM
t-shirt???
I'm still waiting for mine.:wink:

I guess Brownie's gonna have to write his book after all (originally, he said all we had to do was save his columns and bind them).

VetteLT193
02-10-2009, 08:45 AM
t-shirt???
I'm still waiting for mine.:wink:

I guess Brownie's gonna have to write his book after all (originally, he said all we had to do was save his columns and bind them).

Brownie moved to performance boats magazine a while back (November-ish)

he must have seen the ship sinking :nilly:

Last Tango
02-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Strange...
Is the Performance Boat Magazine referred to in this thread the same as one that had been around for some time, and a few years ago was bought by some young guy in Kentucky or Tennessee or something like that, and then he wrote virtually all the articles himself, and the advertisers walked away, and ... well I let my subscription lapse because it seems like they were a gonner as well.
Or am I confusing this with a different magazine?

Sorry to hear about Hot Boat Magazine, but then I let that subscription expire a few years ago, so I was part of the problem and not the solution. I still get Powerboat Magazine, and Trailer Boats Magazine although both of those are about to expire as well.

If I want to read about Donzi's, more than once a year, do you have a recommendation? (no fishing boats, please).

Also, the new and improved 27ZR is not only at the Miami Boat Show, but it is also on their website.

gold-n-rod
02-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Hot Boat seemed to cater to the California speedboats (bowrider, multi-colored paint, big HP) that frequent Lake Havasau. I've never seen one of them in Michigan and I've seen plenty of other style high performance boats.

Too narrow of a slice of the market to survive, if you ask me.

Craig S
02-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Hot Boat seemed to cater to the California speedboats (bowrider, multi-colored paint, big HP) that frequent Lake Havasau. I've never seen one of them in Michigan and I've seen plenty of other style high performance boats.

Too narrow of a slice of the market to survive, if you ask me.

Yeah, the only reason I subscribed, was to get Brownie's column. Can't buy the mag on the shelf in these parts.
Craig

fasttrucker
02-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Dont forget it was owned by the hustler mag folks.They put the too ugly but still hot models in it.I had two years of mags then didnt renew it again.Some good info on blowers ect.

gold-n-rod
02-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Dont forget it was owned by the hustler mag folks.They put the too ugly but still hot models in it.I had two years of mags then didnt renew it again.Some good info on blowers ect.

I did not know that. You learn something new every day!

boxy
02-13-2009, 04:16 PM

I thought the Flynt publishing group sold it a couple of years ago.

Craig S
02-17-2009, 07:49 AM
I thought the Flynt publishing group sold it a couple of years ago.

Yea, thats what happened.