PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go to AC boat show???

mattyboy
02-07-2009, 06:55 PM
saw a clip on the local NJ network look empty but it was a weekday, anyone stop in?? anything good??

LKSD
02-08-2009, 07:17 AM
Matty, I was wondering the same thing.. We have been busy here, but I would have liked to go to see what was goin on down there.. Jamie

boxy
02-08-2009, 07:29 AM
FrankieC and TomA were there, but the NJPPC's big party was last night, so I'm pretty sure they are not vertical yet :beer: :beer:

McGary911
02-08-2009, 07:39 AM
I would always catch the AC show when I lived in NJ. It's a great show...much better than NYC. They have a great in water show later in the year too. And there's always a blackjack table waiting for me afterwards.

Tim Sharkey, who posts here from time to time, took a bunch of great pics at the show. Looks like the whole Geico show was in town, which is always fun.

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/p976770758/slideshow

mattyboy
02-08-2009, 07:58 AM
The NJPPC always does a nice job, the reason I asked I didn't see Donzi On the exhibitors list and not sure who the dealer is in that area. Funny Marie and I were looking at old pics from when the kids were little in the early 90's we have a pic of them in manahawkin NJ at a furniture store on rt 72 going to LBI if anyone knows it it has a big rocking chair like 15 feet high we took the kids pics with it. the reason I ramble is about 3-4 years earlier than that that store was a DONZI dealer.

I did see sharkey pics i stopped after the sunsation pics really nice blinged out boats and they came from up by me in mahopac ny.

we tried to get a little mid week pre valentine get away down there but it just wasn't in the cards

any other news from down there?? or will Miami be the news story

Marlin275
02-08-2009, 09:07 AM
The NJPPC always does a nice job, the reason I asked I didn't see Donzi On the exhibitors list and not sure who the dealer is in that area.

Isn't Frank C. (shanghied again) the dealer down there?
I see him at the New York show most times that I go.

boxy
02-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Typhoon Performance Marine became Typhoon Performance Service Center almost a year ago.
They no longer sell new boats of any make, they are concentrating on being the best Service/Rigging center on the Atlantic Coast.
I think the closest Donzi Dealer to AC is now Ocean Performance.

On a somewhat related note.... Does anybody recognize the 2009 38 ZRC that Donzi is selling on their webpage?

mattyboy
02-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Didn't realize you were by Mahopac.. My Grandparents had a hotel there, spent a few summers in the area.. Nice lake.. :) 45-1hr depending on traffic just across the hudson.

Box where is ocean performance??

Marlin did you go to the NYC show this year??? I couldn't make it had freebies and all. I know they had an 009 there just wonder who the dealers was??

boxy
02-08-2009, 09:21 AM
In Cliffy's neck of the woods, somewhere in CT. I've met Chris from OP a couple of times, really nice guy.

mattyboy
02-08-2009, 09:24 AM
ok it must be on the sound somewhere, none on the island?? that would mean there are no dealers from ct to md on the eastern seaboard???:garfield:

boxy
02-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Looking at their website it says they are located at the mouth of the Connecticut River in Old Saybrook, CT.

http://www.oceanperformance.com/index.php

Marlin275
02-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Marlin did you go to the NYC show this year??? I couldn't make it had freebies and all. I know they had an 009 there just wonder who the dealers was??

Matty,
I didn't make it this year
I wanted to go, just couldn't get anybody else interested.

zelatore
02-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Wow- crowds looked THIN! More salesmen than customers is never a good thing. :frown:

BTW, that Cat C32 is a nice motor. We've got them in a couple boats here. Consider this the next time you're doing an oil change on the Donzi .... that thing calls for 90 qts per change with stock filters. (and you'll usually have a pair of them + a gen to do)

boxy
02-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Wow- crowds looked THIN! More salesmen than customers is never a good thing. :frown:
BTW, that Cat C32 is a nice motor. We've got them in a couple boats here. Consider this the next time you're doing an oil change on the Donzi .... that thing calls for 90 qts per change with stock filters. (and you'll usually have a pair of them + a gen to do)

Don, Sharkey's pics may have been taken prior to the public opening...

mike o
02-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Looking at their website it says they are located at the mouth of the Connecticut River in Old Saybrook, CT.

http://www.oceanperformance.com/index.php........ Nice folks at ocean P. I stop in when i deliver my stuff to a dealer i have in Old saybrook. They always have nice fast Big toys in the place. The showroom has alot of big blue motors in there too.:yes:

McGary911
02-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Looks like there's a place on Fischer Blvd in Toms River, NJ who's a Donzi Dealer.

http://www.cotymarine.com/

Their website is pretty bad on my browser, but they're only about 40 minutes north of AC. Guess they didn't have a presence at the show.