PDA

View Full Version : So what happened with the Magic Props...

Last Real Texan
02-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Been gone for about week and was wondering what the scuttlebutt was on Silverback's magic props....

Tex

BigGrizzly
02-06-2009, 08:50 AM
He is off shore and has not run the boat. Apparently he has a Maximus on it. Every thing else seems to be a touchy subject. TEX send me your email I have a couple of pictures of you going slow in the mid upper 80s, I want to send you.

Last Real Texan
02-06-2009, 10:08 AM
He is off shore and has not run the boat. Apparently he has a Maximus on it. Every thing else seems to be a touchy subject. TEX send me your email I have a couple of pictures of you going slow in the mid upper 80s, I want to send you.
Artifactual@cox.net. Post them up also if you like...
Great!

Tex

The Hedgehog
02-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Artifactual@cox.net. Post them up also if you like...
Great!
Tex

Oh heck yeah. Was he using that Fusion?

BigGrizzly
02-06-2009, 05:18 PM
I talked to the OXP designer and told that is the prop Brett hates. I told him what went on with the fusion and he laughed and said heck yea remember when we put it on that 22 at Cumberland and kicked the hydro's but.( that was zimm's boat). The Fusion loves the high prop heights, especially on foul handling bass boats.

Lenny
02-06-2009, 08:49 PM
The Fusion loves the high prop heights, especially on foul handling bass boats.

Does the Fusion provide great bow lift?

The Hedgehog
02-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Does the Fusion provide great bow lift?

It's all about the bow lift and rake!

BigGrizzly
02-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Hedge, your pushing it again. It is in the blade progression not only rake. I prefer boat lifters not bow lifters. If you want your boat to stand on its but and look like a Aqua plane, Pushing the water instead of riding on top of it, be my guest. Me I will run flat, stable and fast. The problem is most if not all bow lifters do it by squatting the stern. Hedg I am sure your boat will run about a buck and you are smart in learning the boat and waiting for the right prop and day.He who is safe today lives to run another day". I am sure that you have been in the situation where the boat skates around like it is on marbles just before it does its imitation of what some people call a chine walk, fun isn't it:shocking::shocking:. The Fusion like The TXP is a boat lifter, in most cases with high prop elevations it handles well except in some cases, Like osr866's 18 it just didn't like it . Maybe it was lack of hydraulic steering at the time, weather, wind or what ever it was just plane and simple not right. On the Criterion it makes the boat solid as a rock in any water, a tad slower then the TXP. The pitch actually runs an inch smaller on my and most boats. The good part (is in most cases) it can be driven faster. Especially on foul handling bass boats and shallow V hulls with big power. No examples given for fear of being a name dropper:wink: