PDA

View Full Version : Hey Griz, what do your Honda guys say...

zelatore
02-05-2009, 06:51 PM
...about the new Fury?
http://powersports.honda.com/furyreveal/#/home

Looks pretty good from the pics. I don't know how it will sell though; tough for Honda to take their 'good guy' image and play in the chopper market.

I have no doubt it will be a better Motorcycle than most of it's competitors, but that doesn't mean it will be a better Chopper.

boxy
02-05-2009, 08:13 PM
If that's the look you want, why not buy a soft tail with a Heartland EZ Deuce kit ??

I understand the appeal of some of the Metric bikes, but if the Fury is the look you want why buy a copy.

chappy
02-06-2009, 08:00 AM
Donnie on a Harley, I'd pay to see that.:)

CHACHI
02-06-2009, 09:54 AM
That market segment of the bike industry is a real tough putt right now.

I am sitting in a hotel in Cincinnati for the V-Twin show this weekend and at first walk thru yesterday, the economy has really impacted the V-Twin custom market. Much smaller than past years.

Ken

zelatore
02-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Well, I don't actually want a chopper myself. Just not my thing. That's not to say I can't find something to appreciate about one from time to time.

But the fact that HONDA of all people has built a fairly radical looking chopper is quite striking. Given Honda's reputation for conservative products this is quite the leap for them. Quite a change of pace.

And given the reputation of the chopper industry as a whole, Honda's history of well built and engineered products is a change of pace as well.

I'm not trying to dis anybody's bike here, I'm just wondering how the 'insiders' at Honda view the bike since it's so different than their norm.

As for me on a Harley...it's not entirely out of the question. I admit to occasionally casting an eye on a Road King as a touring mount. I figure at some point I'll have to own a Harley just to fill out my resume. Just as I figure I'll have to buy a Duck sooner or later (that new 1198 is looking mighty tasty) if only for the sound. But really, for day to day riding I find it hard to beat a naked bike like my Speed Triple.