PDA

View Full Version : I will TRADE Maple Syrup,... for coffee

Lenny
02-04-2009, 11:01 PM
from Babes on the way to the Keys around Key Largo or wherever that was, on the left heading South, SouthWest.

I will supply a GALLON of it to anyone that provides me with 4 pounds of Beans in a bag.

Marked as a gift to me as mine will be to you.

I am out of that stuff "as a treat" from the last CARE package I recieved and I love the conversation it creates around the table :) and the memories it ignites. Not that it is any different than whatever we all drink, but that bag, and about three runs to the Keys and to the WORLDS OFFSHORE Events and all that. The olafactory nerves are the STRONGEST in a human and "trigger" events. So you guessed it, these provide some happy chemicals to me while I wait for the 70's-80's in about April/May and so on.

First taker, and I am NOT sending crap from COSTCO, I am talking "microbrew" Maple Syrup from here. (the stuff from the East Coast, not here)

:D

dfunde01
02-06-2009, 07:29 AM
Lenny,

Are whole beans a scarce commodity in your neck of the woods. It is much more complex than just beans. Roast, origin, etc. Do you have a preference?

Dave

Carl C
02-06-2009, 07:52 AM
Lenny, why is the Costco syrup crap? It comes from Canada and tastes really good to me. I can sip it right from the bottle! I buy my coffee beans from Costco too and they are "roasted by Starbucks". I haven't found a better coffee bean yet. You had me interested but it sounds like you wouldn't want Costco coffee even though it is really Starbuck's coffee.

boxy
02-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Carl, Lenny is looking for some specific coffee, and he is willing to trade Sugar Bush Maple Syrup for it.
Costco may have Canadian Maple Syrup, but it is mass manufactured, if you want the real deal you need to go to a family sugar bush (http://www.fultons.ca), like this one.
A pancake breakfast at a sugar house sitting beside giant vats of raw Maple sap boiling over a hardwood Maple fire is something to be savoured.
Small batch Syrup made by hand vs mass manufactured is sort of like the difference between Old Crow Bourbon and Wyford's Reserve, they'll both get you where you want to go, but there is a difference.

Carl C
02-06-2009, 10:56 AM
OK, I missed the "from Babe's" part. I will have to try the good syrup sometime. What gets me is that the "pancake houses" around here don't even have maple syrup. Not even for an extra fee. You are stuck with sticky, gooey sugar water with maple flavor, which I refuse to eat. Good luck Lenny.

dfunde01
02-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Lenny,

Why not order online?

http://www.babyscoffee.com/wheres_baby.aspx

Dave

Lenny
02-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Never thought of that ...