PDA

View Full Version : stupid car dealers

BUIZILLA
02-03-2009, 04:51 PM
idiots............ :mad:

I have an order for a 2008-2009 GMC Yukon XL, 2wd, MUST be metallic red with tan leather guts... other trinkets are negotiable...

seems easy right? everybody's starving, and today it's announced how bad January's sales were....

I call 4 dealers today for a *quote and locate* of said vehicle

if it's within 450-500 miles, I can deal with that....

customer has cash ready, as in full green cabbage....

would you believe not one of the 4 dealers even called me back? :confused: :nilly: :bonk:

the pisser is, I *KNOW* there is one out there in the middle of the state cause one dealer told me that already...

and, GM killed their $6,000 rebate yesterday? and dealers lots are FULL ??

idiots, complete idiots....

Lenny
02-03-2009, 05:03 PM
You just might have to buy a Toyota or Nissan :D

BUIZILLA
02-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Len, don't laugh... I have bought/sold a handful of Titans in the last year and one Sequoia SR5... I wouldn't buy a Tundra or an Armada myself but the other two are real nice vehicles... I was REAL impressed with the Sequoia deal I did, tow pkg w/4.30 gears-381hp/403tq and auto leveling rear suspension makes for a killer tow vehicle, I liked it a LOT...

chappy
02-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Man that makes you wonder.:confused:

zelatore
02-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Maybe they've actually gone out of business and just forgot to forward the phones...

BUIZILLA
02-03-2009, 08:39 PM
after 5 hours seaching the net.... :bonk:

FOUND IT !!

Cuda.... I need a quick favor.. :yes:

dclassic
02-03-2009, 08:51 PM
If any of you guys are in the market for Subaru's, Dodge's, Chrysler's, or Jeep's I can help. I am a sales manager at an Atlanta dealer. If you get stuck with bad service at ford or GM dealers, let me know as I know some people. I am always willing to help any board members. I don't get paid to keep these things on the lot... :). Someday, other dealers will realize they are in the service business.

Jason

LKSD
02-04-2009, 06:45 AM
Sorry to hear that.. However I know that we are not crazy. We thought that it only happened to us over and over. There are some good dealers but harder to find anymore. We can't figure out how some stay in business. It amazes us.:confused: jay and kristin

VetteLT193
02-04-2009, 07:04 AM
I actually hope the bad times flush the crappy dealers down the toilet and lets the good ones survive.

Donziweasel
02-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Don't even get me started! The last time I bitched about car dealers, I had half of this board wanting to kick my ass............:wink::bonk:

BTW, things went bad between me and the dealer I had found on our last deal in October. Now looking for another one. Bet in this economy they wish someone who buys 4-8 vehicles a year was still a client.

I have a feeling I am going to eventually go through evey damn dealer in the state.....

That being said, Barry, Todd and Steve, this was a bad experience with one dealership, not a generalization of dealerships like before. There are many reputable ones out there. Please don't take offense again as no malice was intended.

roadtrip se
02-04-2009, 08:42 AM
I actually hope the bad times flush the crappy dealers down the toilet and lets the good ones survive.

but evidently, just not fast enough in South Florida.

DW, I ain't going there again... I like the peace here at the moment.

Donziweasel
02-04-2009, 09:51 AM
DW, I ain't going there again... I like the peace here at the moment.

Agreed, like I said, nothing against car dealers and no malice intended.

BigGrizzly
02-04-2009, 12:49 PM
A local Honda dealer(The owner,a reputable guy motorcycle racer and friend) A sales man was jerking a customer around when the owner walked up behind him, Listened for a moment then stepped between the customer and sales man Then told the sales guy to pack it in NOW!!! Turned to the lady and told her the General manager would take care of her. I don't know the particulars but the lady left extremely happy. Yes he is a boater and does ride and vintage race a XR750 Harley. He is only one dealer but it is a light at the end of the tunnel. Could this be why he is the largest Honda and Acura dealer in Ga. BTW customer complaints with dealer are almost nonexistent.