PDA

View Full Version : Classic Race Boat Show March 21-22, 09 Tavares, FL

rustnrot
02-02-2009, 09:49 AM
The Classic Raceboat Association (CRA) is having another in-water boat show and exhibition laps in Tavares, FL from March 22-22, 2009. For more information, please visit their webpage at:

www.classicboatassoc.com (http://www.classicboatassoc.com) and click under Events.

There you will find a registration form to fill out and send in. Please note that to participate on the course you must be a member of the CRA for $25 a year, this in addition to the registration fee for the event.

Couple quick notes (from the website):

Motorhome DRY camping will be offered again on-site at the Regatta for $100 for the weekend- see registration form.
Mileage will be paid again at .30 per mile one way as the crow flies, for boats that participate in the on the water activities. This is a two day event and you must complete BOTH days in order to receive a check. The checks will be distributed Sunday at 4pm.
Boats that participate in the on the water activities at this event will be given first consideration for the very desirable "Roar N' Soar" event November.

I know some of you here attended last year and I would like to hear the stories both good and bad.

FYI, the entire association has a new board of directors, and the owner of a 22 Donzi, Dick Whyte, is now the President. Unfortunately, Tom D'eath is no longer the President nor in the club. His wife Judy passed away this past year and Tom is still in mourning.

FWIW, Mike Yobe (the tall guy) requested that I give him a hand in the pits this year. I know Mike has his hands full and more especially orchestrating the cranes for the hydros and all. Mike will also debut his restored hydro at the show.

Personally, I have no boat to take this year but am trying to get my friend Mark to take either/both his recently rebuilt F14 and/or 16 Classic V-drive.

rustnrot
03-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Mark is bringing his just completed F14 to this event. I have been volunteered as assistant Pit Boss to help Mike Yobe. Mike also has just restored an old hydro and will be debuting it at the show.

We will be in Tavares, FL by weds. March 18. If anybody needs to call me my cell is 706-267-8729.