PDA

View Full Version : hey Zelatore..

BUIZILLA
01-31-2009, 06:13 PM
I know your a Bimmer freak.... I like them too... did an install today on a 6 speed 335 coupe with the latest Vishnu tuner box...

all I can say is OMFG.... what a rocketship.... I had an LS1 Firebird a few years back that ran low low 12's at 115 mph and I swear this would easily keep up with it now...

check it out... www.vishnutuning.com (http://www.vishnutuning.com) go to Stage 1 box with homelink and remote tuning using glovebox USB cable... $912 shipped on group buy... unbelievable... put my laptop on the seat for on-the-fly monitor and adjustment... freakin cool as hell... a lightweight 135 with this setup would be an 11 second car... not sure how fast I was going but I did see 6500 rpm in 5th gear just a few minutes ago... I'll check the data logger tomorrow (standard with this tuner) for mph reading..

WOW, freakin' WOW................. :yes:

DonziJon
01-31-2009, 06:35 PM
Mr Zeletore is now your new Best Friend. :) John

zelatore
01-31-2009, 07:03 PM
6-speed 335 ... that's me. I'm running a sedan though for practicality since it's a daily driver.

I haven't tried any engine upgrades, but I know there's a ton of power readily available with this motor. I hope you upgraded the oil cooler - I've been able to over-cook the oil temp on a hot day at the track even with stock power. Although on the street you may be OK as I doubt you could find enough open road to stay in the boost long enough to cook it.

Vishnu (didn't he start as a Mitsu tuner?) is located right here in the bay area (Danville, CA). Dinan is also located here.

But I can't claim to be a BMW freak specifically; this is the first and only BMW I've had. In fact, for a long time I fought against buying one because they are stone-common around here (I see more BMWs than Mustangs or Impalas out here). But then eventually I had to break down and buy one - the 3-series really is a tough act to top.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the tuners start messing with the turbo V8 as well - :eek:

Too bad for me this year looks to be one of more conservative spending. Between Michele and I we're figuring there's a good chance one of us will be unemployed by the end of the year. Sadly, we'll be better off if it's me. :garfield:

zelatore
01-31-2009, 07:08 PM
Wait a minute - I just checked the Vishnu website and they list the stage one kit for $2795 for the coupe, $2895 for the sedan.

That's basically exhaust and computer. Can you really get it for under a grand? I might have to get in on that after all (screw fiscal responsibility, I'll just ask for a bail out!)

BUIZILLA
01-31-2009, 07:17 PM
no exhaust... just the tuner box, software, interface module, homelink and antenna for $912 shipped on a group buy of 100 pieces, prices on website have been lowered substantially lately... we disconnected the rear muffler silencer cutout solenoid and the exhaust flows better that way, better tone too... harness for that is in the trunk area.. the box is well worth the money IMO... a tuned 135 paddle shift would be an unbeatable animal for x-cross as they are over 200# lighter than the 335 coupe... we're talking easy Z06 eater here...

zelatore
01-31-2009, 07:59 PM
There you go again.

Are you the little red guy with horns and a pitchfork that likes to sit on my shoulder telling me to 'just do it'?

BTW, I actually wanted a 1-series, but the girlfriend just wasn't into it. As it was, we had a heck of a time finding a manual trany car. Ours was the only manual at 3 dealers. Can you believe it? If you wanted a slush box, just buy a Merc!

And, before buying that 135 for autoX, look into getting some front end bite. Stock they really push...but put on some decent rubber and tweak the front end and you'll have a blast.

The 3-series is under-tired in the front as well, but not as bad. Some say the 1 was done the way it was deliberately to keep it 'in it's place' relative to the 3. Not sure if there's any truth to it, but they do run less rubber than they should. I actually went to a square setup when I bought wheels/tires for the track to help balance the car.

BUIZILLA
01-31-2009, 08:44 PM
try www.burgertuning.com (http://www.burgertuning.com) for something a little cheaper

BUIZILLA
02-01-2009, 09:51 AM
we disconnected the rear muffler silencer cutout solenoid and the exhaust flows better that way, better tone too... harness for that is in the trunk area.. . pic of connector to unplug.. remove left tail lamp inner trim panel and you will see the vacuum control unit...