PDA

View Full Version : Been a long Winter

osur866
01-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Who else thinks its been a long winter? And its still gonna be awhile before the Donzi gets back on her lift :garfield:. Steve

chappy
01-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Who else thinks its been a long winter? And its still gonna be awhile before the Donzi gets back on her lift :garfield:. Steve

Agreed. My only entertainment on the lake is the local sleds screaming by at 100+.

Which is pretty cool.:kingme:

MOP
01-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Bum part is it still has a ways to go! Cold enough to to freeze the bay, takes a bit to freeze salt water.

Phil

osur866
01-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Cold here too usually just freezes the docks in about 20 ft. from shoreline but not the whole lake over. steve

Donziweasel
01-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Trust me, I am over it. It just goes on and on and on and on.......

osur866
01-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah but you at least have those mountains to play on, nothing here in the Midwest!! Steve

Donziweasel
01-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Steve, your welcome to come play in the mountains anytime.....:wink:

osur866
01-30-2009, 08:47 PM
DW, Ive got a really good friend that lives in Woodland Park Co. I usually make the trip every year sorry to say this will be the first year I probably won't get out :garfield: Steve

Lenny
01-30-2009, 10:58 PM
We are at 40 degrees on the (salt) water. Too cold for an 18 and no windshield. At least that is my story. Plug in snowmobile suit, ... maybe...

CHACHI
01-31-2009, 06:44 AM
Plug in motorcycle gear, yes. Plug in sled stuff, I am not too sure.
Ken

Donzi Vol
01-31-2009, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I'm so over the cold weather. I was riding with my manager last week and he said, "So David, you get a little irritable in the winter-time don't you?" It was hilarious.

f_inscreenname
01-31-2009, 11:54 PM
This winter sucks.
That's why I make these. I start jones'ing for the water I watch a couple of these and I can hold on for a little more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfbzXetbUjE&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FgGq7sby4s&feature=channel[/URL][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqUysXW7ix4"]

Donzi Vol
02-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Alright, we've all got pics and vids from warm weather fun. How about we post some to calm our winter woes? I'll start...

f_inscreenname
02-01-2009, 01:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqUysXW7ix4

Or do this. Started the 23rd of Dec and finished on the 24th of Jan. It's been very cold here this year.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1386/47075839xw0.jpg

Donzi Vol
02-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Impressive...that was a quick renovation! Kudos on the sports room!

Donziweasel
02-02-2009, 06:29 PM
I was raised in the southeast and lived thier all my life until I moved to Jackson Hole in May of 1994. Winter REALLY gets to me, more than most people out here. I need 6 hours sleep in the summer, I need 9 in the winter. I am moody and unmotivated.

I don't mind snow and I don't mind cold, although both get a little old by March. I think the biggest reason is lack of sunlight. Being from the south, I am use to alot of sunlight. Our days are very short in the winter (but very long in the summer). Not only that, you can go for days, if not a month, without seeing the sun. As soon as I get a day of skiing in or a day of snowmobiling in the sun, I feel great for a day or two.

Oh well, 15 years of it and I have kinda made my peace with winter. March is when the days start getting longer and the sun shines more. Just need to make it a few more weeks........

Donzi Vol
02-02-2009, 07:53 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself. I usually tell everyone at the beginning of november that I'll soon become irritable and depressed, and will return to my delightful self (or something like that) around march. Just a little longer...

Donziweasel
02-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I get some mild depression going. Economy isn't helping. Ran my P and L's today, oooph......

Ghost
02-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I get some mild depression going. Economy isn't helping. Ran my P and L's today, oooph......

I'm with you, and I fear it hasn't even started for me yet...

rtgogo
02-02-2009, 09:43 PM
More L's than P's!

osur866
02-02-2009, 09:53 PM
DW just mild depression your doing good! I hate winter a little or a lot of Crown :drinkbeer::drunk: helps me through the winter months. Steve

Ghost
02-02-2009, 09:57 PM
DW, just a few short months 'til it's warm. Come out this way if you can--drop by anytime--we'll gladly share our longer warm season. (Don't you have twins on the way?! Nothing but the best coming to you there, no matter how much work they are, those of us going without will ALWAYS be envious.)

Regards,

Mike

zelatore
02-02-2009, 10:36 PM
those of us going without will ALWAYS be envious.)

Well, maybe not so envious when you're facing a double diaper load...we'll let you handle that part on your own.

osur866
02-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Or a double college fund :eek:. But I'm sure the rewards will be well worth it, so I'm told.

osur866
02-02-2009, 10:56 PM
If I could just get one of those canadian bros to get me a one of those 3 liter bottels of crown winter would be soo much better!! :yes:

mike o
02-03-2009, 07:07 AM
If I could just get one of those candain bros to get me a one of those 3 liter bottels of crown winter would be soo much better!! :yes:.......Al-key-hol (Spirts), are very expensive over the boarder.:yes:

mike o
02-04-2009, 03:24 PM
I'll settle for a liter of Maple Syrup :) :) I just broke out my reserve bottle that Heidi didn't know about (thanks Mike!) Sunday..

And then the argument started ;)......:crossfing: How lucky :crossfing: can a fella get:kingme:. Mr Miami's.. :yes::yes::yes: three :yes::yes::yes: late 20's pretty nieces , actually hotties, ( blond, redhead, and a brunet) are up here checking him out after his snowmobile crash.:kingme: They said they would bring ya down a jug of tree juice and drop it buy ya SHOP next week for ya. You OK with that? Probably Tuesday or Wednesday? Ya gonna be around 19th NE St next week so ya can meet em.:kingme::kingme::kingme:

mike o
02-04-2009, 03:55 PM
wooohoo, errr, wait. Wed is move in day for the boatshow, but I'll be here Tuesday after 11ish.. :) :)

Hows our injured buddy doing anyways? Last picture I saw looked like he needed to put on a little weight ;).... Ok, Ill tell them. If ya not there they'll just leave it at the shop with whom ever. Hes' still chilling at the Hotel. Mandy, Kris, and Shannon are there names.:kingme:

Donziweasel
02-04-2009, 04:06 PM
DW, just a few short months 'til it's warm. Come out this way if you can--drop by anytime--we'll gladly share our longer warm season. (Don't you have twins on the way?! Nothing but the best coming to you there, no matter how much work they are, those of us going without will ALWAYS be envious.)

You know, I might actually be in Maryland in the spring. I have and aunt and uncle in Severna Park. Got some very nice furniture my Grandmother who passes away 2 years ago in storage there. Haven't had a place to put it until now, but with the completion of the Lazy P now I have room.

Looking forward to the twins, thanks a bunch. Now that we are so far along in the pregnancy, I sometimes forget how hard it was for us to get here. :wink:

DW just mild depression your doing good!

Steve, Ok, I lied, it can get bad. Funny thing is that somedays I am happy as can be, others are just plain miserable. Sunday and Monday were bad, yesterday and today, fine. Maybe because it is sunny. Just remember, when it is spring and even into summer everywhere else, still winter here. :bonk:

Got some cool stuff coming up though. Got my annual 300 mile 3 day snowmobile trip through the backcountry of Wyoming with 11 buddies. Also got Hedgehog and Tex coming out at different times. Should be a good time. :)

Well, maybe not so envious when you're facing a double diaper load...we'll let you handle that part on your own.

Or a double college fund

Damn, tough crowd in the winter here!:)

Ghost
02-04-2009, 04:34 PM
You know, I might actually be in Maryland in the spring. I have and aunt and uncle in Severna Park.

Cool, that's only 10-15 minutes up the road.