PDA

View Full Version : Founder of Weather Channel...

gcarter
01-29-2009, 06:53 PM
spills the beans and gives the history of Global Warming.....

http://www.kusi.com/weather/colemanscorner/38574742.html

Ghost
01-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Thanks George, great find.

chappy
01-30-2009, 07:29 AM
Nice find George. I never heard of John Coleman before. I wonder why this viewpoint doesn't make it to the weather channel these days, at least as a discussion point. Oh, I remember now, NBC owns the weather channel as of last year. Never mind, I understand now. Interesting read nonetheless.

:boat:

f_inscreenname
01-31-2009, 11:25 AM
I believe in protecting the environment. Love’em or hate’em the tree huggers have done a lot of good. Being able to see Baltimore 10 miles up river is proof of that. Something that would have never happened in the 1970’s with it’s brown air. The Bay is cleaner and I even get pissed when I see someone throw something out a car window thanks to the crying Indian/Mexican (even a cig butt, if you have to, break the butt off and putt in the trash and toss the rest, it will melt away but the butt wont).
But this whole carbon thing gets me. Like who is going to issue the “permits” for this? Where is the money going to go and who gets it and why? Will it be used for the environment or just added to the general fund to help bail out banks that don't lend money to the industries that need it to upgrade to the new standards? And just because we do it who says the rest of the world will? Wont that put our industries at a disadvantage having to pay it?
I tell ya the U.S. is going to "Union" it's self right out of business.

Donzi Vol
01-31-2009, 07:33 PM
Wow, thanks George. That's some interesting stuff, and can't be argued too much coming from the guy who founded the weather channel (he prob knows something about weather!). Before this ridiculously cold winter I had started to believe there was something to this global warming thing...BEFORE this winter.

Either way isn't it interesting to hear that money, bureaucrats, fame, and hysteria are at the fault of someone other than those "greedy dirty republicans" this time? Hmmmm...