PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused...

BUIZILLA
01-29-2009, 03:00 PM
how can 2 million blacks get into and out of Wash DC in sub zero temps in 1 day, when 200,000 couldn't get out of New Orleans at 85 degree's, with 4 days notice??

MOP
01-29-2009, 04:32 PM
How soon we forgot the fact that the mayor of New Orleans did not use the 200 school buses to ferry people out but instead left them to be flooded! For that very thoughtful thinking they reelected him! That rates a big BRAVO!!!!

BUIZILLA
01-29-2009, 05:06 PM
census, schmensus............

FACTS :

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's home district includes San Francisco .
Star-Kist Tuna's headquarters are in San Francisco, Pelosi's home district.

Star-Kist is owned by Del Monte Foods and is a major contributor to Pelosi.

Star-Kist is the major employer in American Samoa employing 75% of the Samoan workforce.

Paul Pelosi, Nancy 's husband, owns $17 million dollars of Star-Kist stock.

In January, 2007 when the minimum wage was increased from $5.15 to $7.25, Pelosi had American Samoa exempted from the increase so Del Monte would not have to pay the higher wage. This would make Del Monte products less expensive than their competition' s.

Last week when the huge bailout bill was passed, Pelosi added an earmark to the final bill adding $33 million dollars for an 'economic development credit in American Samoa '.

Pelosi has called the Bush Administration "CORRUPT" ? ?

How do you spell "HYPOCRISY" ? ?

fact ck it, I will be interested in you thoughts on the subject

fogducker III
01-29-2009, 05:54 PM

FACTS :

Star-Kist is the major employer in American Samoa employing 75% of the Samoan workforce.

In January, 2007 when the minimum wage was increased from $5.15 to $7.25, Pelosi had American Samoa exempted from the increase so Del Monte would not have to pay the higher wage. This would make Del Monte products less expensive than their competition' s.

Last week when the huge bailout bill was passed, Pelosi added an earmark to the final bill adding $33 million dollars for an 'economic development credit in American Samoa '.

Holy Crap, somebody doesn't like tuna...........:wink:

Despite being Canadian, I do follow some political activities in the world..........:popcorn:

IMO people who are elected to a position of power should be accountable for their other half.........:garfield:

Ghost
01-29-2009, 06:01 PM

FACTS :

Bluto: "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Boone: "Germans?!"

Otter: "Forget it, he's on a roll." :yes:

BUIZILLA
01-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Stimulus Package Explained
Sometime this year, taxpayers will receive an Economic Stimulus Payment. This is a very exciting new program that I will explain using the Q and A format:

Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment?
A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money?
A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?
A. No, they are borrowing it from China. You children and grandchildren are expected to repay the Chinese.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?
A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China?
A. Shut up.

Here is some helpful advice on how to best help the US economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:

If you spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China.

If you spend it on gasoline it will go to Hugo Chavez, the Arabs and Al Qaeda

If you purchase a computer it will go to Taiwan.

If you purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras, Chile, and Guatemala.

If you buy a car it will go to Japan or Korea.

If you purchase prescription drugs it will go to India

If you purchase heroin it will go to the Taliban in Afghanistan

If you give it to a charitable cause, it will go to Nigeria.
And none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America.
You can keep the money in America by spending it at yard sales, going to a baseball game, or spend it on prostitutes, beer (domestic ONLY), or tattoos, since those are the only businesses still in the US.

Lenny
01-29-2009, 08:18 PM
You can keep the money in America by spending it at yard sales, going to a baseball game, or spend it on prostitutes, beer (domestic ONLY), or tattoos,

Regardless of Business's that you mention Jim, this has been soo obvious for soo long to soo many. Only difference was your economy was booming, the rich getting richer, property values going vertical.

Well, it came home to roost, and I really do not know where "people" are going to even go to work to create wealth to be able to spend it. ???

I think there is a MONSTEROUS problem around the corner and I do not mean to be a pessimist, but logical. When no one is building, no one is spending, no one can sell anything and no one can get a loan (or even a job to be able to pay that loan back) I really wonder :nilly:

So far I have been lucky cuz I only "work" for wealthy people and they still are. Hope it stays that way or there will be a "cottage" for sale and the odd DONZI in the future.

I agree 100% that any moneys earned, through ANY stimulus or employment opportunity, should be squandered on American goods. I like your analogy of the flat screen. Probably what a lot of folks would buy for the Superbowl and such, but, as you state, this money is not going to RCA Victor, it is taking a ride to Asia.

Homegrown ingenuity and products... 100% :yes:

:(

chappy
01-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Stimulus Package Explained
Sometime this year, taxpayers will receive an Economic Stimulus Payment. This is a very exciting new program that I will explain using the Q and A format:

Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment?
A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money?
A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?
A. No, they are borrowing it from China. You children and grandchildren are expected to repay the Chinese.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?
A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China?
A. Shut up.

Here is some helpful advice on how to best help the US economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:

If you spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China.

If you spend it on gasoline it will go to Hugo Chavez, the Arabs and Al Qaeda

If you purchase a computer it will go to Taiwan.

If you purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras, Chile, and Guatemala.

If you buy a car it will go to Japan or Korea.

If you purchase prescription drugs it will go to India

If you purchase heroin it will go to the Taliban in Afghanistan

If you give it to a charitable cause, it will go to Nigeria.
And none of it will help the American economy.

You can keep the money in America by spending it at yard sales, going to a baseball game, or spend it on prostitutes, beer (domestic ONLY), or tattoos, since those are the only businesses still in the US.

That's a big 'ol can of whoop ass right there.:woot:

Cuda
01-29-2009, 09:58 PM
The Inauguration

There were 1.5 million people at the inauguration and only 14 missed work.

Choprpilot
01-29-2009, 11:09 PM
This is beautiful... Since alot of working people have to submit to a Urine Test Why not legislate a bill requiring those on welfare to do the same every month. Imagine That... I hope I didn't open another can of worms with this one!:yes:

Lenny
01-29-2009, 11:41 PM
This is beautiful... Since alot of working people have to submit to a Urine Test Why not legislate a bill requiring those on welfare to do the same every month. Imagine That... I hope I didn't open another can of worms with this one!:yes:

You have, or someone else, has posted this before. THAT IS A FABULOUS IDEA :yes:

Why do working folks in a working environment, whatever, or anyone working for that matter, have to be subjected to this, when they proceed home, take trains and planes and subways and are subjected to this "IQ/substance abuse test" when the folks taking the handouts from Obama (or BUSH) do not ???

That is a ringer and I bet ( I know I am not popular with my choice) that Obama would entertain random drug testing on Unemployed and I support that 10000% ... only thing is I don't live there.

I agree with this totally.

Trace elements, ... no MONEY :yes:

Dads Thunder
01-30-2009, 02:18 AM
Great idea! If you piss tested all on ... OOPS let's say free money that all the working people give in all created programs . That would fix a great deal !!

Rootsy
01-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Jim,

You visit Southern Michigan next summer and I'll stuff your gullet full of 100% American grown produce... The likes of which you've never had...

Sam
01-30-2009, 10:23 AM
The fact of the matter is that we now live in a "true global economy", like it or not it's here to stay. It pains me everyday that I come in to work and am forced to do business with people from Taiwan to Germany and every where in between. I don't have the cure all answer but I for my part think twice before I make a purchase to see where it was made and or what is the the U.S. made content.

That said I'm doing my part to help the economy by rebuilding my Donzi boat house :kingme: using 100% American labor and content, well almost 100% the siding comes from Canada but hell their like close relatives :)......we luv ya Lenny.

Note: As for the recent inauguration I don't care how many "AMERICANS" showed up, I'm just glad they did. This country is not perfect but I wouldn't want to live any place else.

mattyboy
01-30-2009, 10:28 AM
please i am asking for some respect here and not drag my mentor and hero senator john blutarski into this political fray obviously he is above all this and in no way shape or form should be tarnished by the slight to his good name and character. well you can bad mouth the senator but I am not going to let you bad mouth the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

TOGA TOGA TOGA

everyone should take his advice and start drinking heavily

BTW for those interested our big superbowl party is a frat party theme so I will be pouring grain alcohol over my head Marie will pin my bail money to my chest I have my senator outfit all ready to go

it's not going to be an orgy, it's a toga party

:tongue: