PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Eric Colby
01-28-2009, 07:32 AM
Just wanted to drop a quick note to say THANK YOU to everyone who responded to my request for info for my Performance Boats magazine feature article. I know that a book could be written on this subject and I hope the story does the boats justice. It will be out in our February online issue and probably the May print as well.

jl1962
01-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Eric-

Thank YOU!
We're all looking forward to it especially on a snowy day in the Northeast.

Jay

BigGrizzly
01-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Here is how you can thank us. I will take upon myself to speak for most of us. Just do a good article. Make us proud and I for one will put it in my library.
Thanks

Carl C
01-28-2009, 09:45 AM
I am looking forward to that article. Please don't make the mistake of thinking that these boats are out of production (like a competing mag did a while ago!).

chappy
01-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Here is how you can thank us. I will take upon myself to speak for most of us. Just do a good article. Make us proud and I for one will put it in my library.
Thanks

+1

Well said Griz.

mattyboy
01-28-2009, 10:11 AM
I am looking forward to that article. Please don't make the mistake of thinking that these boats are out of production (like a competing mag did a while ago!).

what magazine did that?????

Eric,
looking forward to it, i have an outline for a book I have been toying with.
just not sure the interest is there to make it worth while, I would have thought the calendar we printed would have sold much quicker,
let me know I have a ton of info gathered

I probably ain't the best with the written word a real writer might be a better thing ;)

Carl C
01-28-2009, 12:04 PM
what magazine did that?????

Performance Boats nemesis, Hot Boat, at least implied it.

mattyboy
01-28-2009, 12:43 PM
I missed that one

Marlin275
01-28-2009, 12:48 PM
Eric,

Please post a link to your article when it is published.
Glad we could help.

Carl C
01-28-2009, 02:02 PM
I missed that one Matt, you were in the article! It was no big deal and was a good write up except that it seemed to indicate that all of the Classics are older restored boats. At least that's the way I read it. I don't remember what issue but you should know since you were in it!

chappy
01-28-2009, 02:11 PM
I think this touches on the article in question;

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51620&highlight=hot+boat+article

mattyboy
01-28-2009, 02:30 PM
this article????? maybe I'm reading it wrong but I don't get that impression, it is talking about the 7 classics that were there all but 2 were stock well at least that's what Haver likes to think ;) and all but 3 were out of production
they also mention richard weaver and scott pearson they make some hard to find items like the donzi script decals shifter knobs. also mentioned is the heritage from which the boats came.

that was a great weekend

Carl C
01-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Here it is. She doesn't say that the Classics are all old boats but I think that's what she thought. Actually a lot of people I talk too are surprised when i tell them that they are still being made. They seem to think that my boat is a restored oldie. I hope you can blow up the print enough to read it. (click on it a few times) Here's the pic that the sly doc slipped in amongst the Fahas and such. Mattyboy was mentioned on the next page as being the passenger in the Cig 20.

Air 22
01-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Just wanted to drop a quick note to say THANK YOU to everyone who responded to my request for info for my Performance Boats magazine feature article. I know that a book could be written on this subject and I hope the story does the boats justice. It will be out in our February online issue and probably the May print as well.

Thank you Eric for doing the story...:wink: We will all be looking fwd to it!:kingme:

mattyboy
01-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Bob Scanlon who ran the run, saved us all dock space right up front by the sidewalk he knew the donzi and little cig would be the hit of the show then the bigger boats pulled in front of us man the sound and smell of about 5 million HP firing up
was incredible there are more pics here

start on page 30 or so of the thread

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events/167314-2007-lake-george-ny-fall-poker-run-oct-5-7th.html

mattyboy
01-28-2009, 03:10 PM
here are some pics,
yeah i was the crew and bit the bullet and took a navigators tag so Kenny and i were dry the drivers and navigators had wrist bands so they couldn't get served during the run but after we had a blast

some pics of the little ones

I was pissin blood for days after that run we ran that 19 footer hard, so hard the copter kept coming back to us and you could see their faces were like holy $#!T !!! we accomplished our goal though we were in the third group and we never got passed by the fourth group a big accomplish ment when this orange boat is in the 4th group :eek:

well sorry for the hijack Eric but this is material for a book and speaks to the following these boats have

not a great vid but the onlookers saw it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pt8-g3Dzvo