PDA

View Full Version : FYI No problem with selling firearms.

harbormaster
01-26-2009, 04:47 PM
There are NO problem selling firearms in this forum. I spoke with Bureau ATF inspector Ralph Jones in the Houston ATF field office. After questioning him, he stated the following about selling firearms on the web:

If you sell to someone out of your state, you and the buyer need to arrange shipment to a licensed dealer in the destination state to transfer ownership. The FFL dealer in the destination state will know the laws and help you avoid hassles.
If you are selling to a person in your own state, you should probably do the same ( I can't tell you what the law is in some those whacked out eastern states.:wink:) He did say that in Texas it is not necessary as long as you are an individual selling a personal firearm to another individual. God Bless Texas.

Rootsy
01-27-2009, 06:15 PM
I reckon I must have made some waves with my discussion in the firearm for sale thread. I hope that everyone realizes that I never said selling privately, via the internet or forum, was illegal. What I was warning about was the illegal sale across state lines because the FFL was circumvented.