PDA

View Full Version : Transom hull # ideas

gcarter
01-25-2009, 09:28 PM
While removing paint from the hull (before I turned it over, I almost removed the whole hull ID #! :nilly::nilly:
If you look at the picture, you can see I could clean up the # with a dremel and make it look a lot better than it does.
What other ides does anyone have to restore the #?

HOWARD O
01-25-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm confused, do you not know the actual HIN because this is illegible or you just want to restore it for originality? I assume you can't read it, I sure can't! If you are trying to get the number, have you tried a rub transfer, like with chalk or charcoal?

Also, below the HIN, I see some numbers, one is definitely a number 8. What are they?

gcarter
01-25-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm confused, do you not know the actual HIN because this is illegible or you just want to restore it for originality? I assume you can't read it, I sure can't! If you are trying to get the number, have you tried a rub transfer, like with chalk or charcoal?

Also, below the HIN, I see some numbers, one is definitely a number 8. What are they?

I have the number (although I don't have access to it here at home), I just want to restore it.

txtaz
01-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Dremel it.

Besides when you gel it, you will be able to read it.

Da Taz<---Finally home.:popcorn:

HOWARD O
01-25-2009, 10:38 PM
I suppose you could fill it and re-do it with a stamping set, but if the dremel is improving it, I agree with Taz. :confused:

mattyboy
01-26-2009, 05:31 AM
where on the hull is that??

gcarter
01-26-2009, 05:58 AM
Matty, it's in the usual place, under the transom/deck lip on the stbd side of the transom. The hull is bottom up.