PDA

View Full Version : Geithner scam

BUIZILLA
01-25-2009, 09:26 PM
please go here, find your Senator by State, write them IMMEDIATELY if you disagree with the appointment of Geithner the tax evader...

only takes a minute of your time... your wallet may thank you dearly..

time is of the essence

U.S. Senate: Senators Home (http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm)

if you support Geithner, please disregard this plea for sanity

Just Say N20
01-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Deleted.

DonziJon
01-26-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm from Rhode Island. My two senators are Liberal Democrats and have their talking points already. They will certainly not be swayed by one of the 124 Republicans that actually vote in this state. :bonk: Rhode Island actually voted OUT the very liberal Lincoln Chaffee (R) just because he was Republican. Chaffee inherited the job from his (also) liberal father who died in office.

I've actually been wondering where I could move to, after my wife retires, that might share my conservative views, and I could live in peace, with the contents of my Wollet reasonably intact. I've always liked Vermont but the politicians up there makes RI politicians look conservative. Think Ex VT. governor Howard Dean. The text book example of a Screaming Liberal. :nilly:

I think this may be getting too political so I will have to Shut Up now. :lookaroun: John

PS: Remember Richard Hatch? He's from RI. He got a Million Dollars for his appearance on Survivor. He "forgot" to pay taxes on the million. Edit: He's in prison serving 51 months.

zelatore
01-26-2009, 10:21 AM
I've actually been wondering where I could move to, after my wife retires, that might share my conservative views

Crawford, TX?

DonziJon
01-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Crawford, TX?

LOL: I didn't know there were any conservatives in Crawford. BTW: Isn't that Tornado Alley? John

Retirement Requirements. NO Hurricanes. NO Tornadoes. NO Floods. NO Avalanches. .......Just Regular Americans.

handfulz28
01-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Perhaps the first major flaw of BHO's administration...

How about TN as a retirement locale?

gcarter
01-26-2009, 04:23 PM
The Villages here in Central Florida is about as conservative as it gets. The developer of the Villages is the most influential person in the Florida GOP.
When the beautiful, gorgeous Sarah Palin spoke here before the election, 60,000 people showed up. Also, our local US Republican Representative has run unopposed for more than 14 years.

DonziJon
01-26-2009, 05:57 PM
George: We have TV commercials up here for "The Villages". That's a Retirement Home....dare I say Nursing Home for those still capable of "Ambulating". Actually I'm trying to devote some time to developing a Stategy for when the inevitable happens.... when I end up in one of those places. I've still got a little time to work on it. :yes:

I'm gonna have FUN. ...and it won't be playnig Golf or going to a Flower Show.
:wink: John

gcarter
01-26-2009, 06:26 PM
John, I guess if you want to keep those ideas, go ahead. But you'd be ommitting one of the neatest adult comunities in the country. It covers about 40-50 sq. miles, many of its citizens are much younger than you are. There is golf, maybe 20-25 courses. Homes run from about $150K to something over $1Mil.
Even though I don't live there, I think it has one of the highest standards of living anywhere.

MOP
01-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Well they just swore him in! We snoozed and lost!!!!

DonziJon
01-26-2009, 06:39 PM
George: There has got to be Liberals running it. I'm gonna be ready. :yes: John

BUIZILLA
01-26-2009, 06:45 PM
after today's bleak layoff reports, and now this clown gets appointed by the same clowns that run our country... :garfield: :nilly: :toiletpap :screwy:

sweet 16 1966
01-26-2009, 07:15 PM
I just hope I get to go to work every day. Something we have taken for granted but more and more folks are getting layed off. We are down to 32 hours and business is off 50%.

George- I believe you have to be 55 to live in the Villages. Its a great place to live with so much going on. More communities should follow the Villages
concept. I kind of like traveling in a golf cart and saving gas. The concerts on Friday night sound good also. Much to do.

gcarter
01-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Russ, you may have not been aware of it, but they have concerts EVERY night of the week.......at two different locations.

I believe John, like many here, is over 50.

Cuda
01-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Catch 22's dad lives near the Villages. He's 70 something and I no where near ready for a retirement village.

gcarter
01-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Catch 22's dad lives near the Villages. He's 70 something and I no where near ready for a retirement village.
Jim and Carol would love to live in the villages.....there's other reasons they don't.

Cuda
01-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Jim and Carol would love to live in the villages.....there's other reasons they don't.
I don't think they would love to live in the Villages, for the simple fact that they love where they live. I was just there about a month ago.

farmer tx
01-27-2009, 01:05 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482785,00.html :)

gcarter
01-27-2009, 06:37 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482785,00.html :)

Well, there you go!

This is probably why Carol won't allow them to move there.:wink::wink::eek: