PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Not Solved

Sweet Cheekz
01-24-2009, 10:52 PM
For anyone watching my last thread about my boat I got to the tank today and got the following info 1979 42 gallons Any chance this boat is a 79-80? No other markings anywhere. If it's a late 60's boat than the tank was replaced within 10 years Seems weird Any comments Thanks
NK

mattyboy
01-25-2009, 10:04 AM
any info on the mfg'r of the tank???? is there any evidence of the deck being lifted( cut tabs ) or holes repaired in the floor?? if it is a late 70's boat it should have a HIN on the transom. it is not too far from reality that an early model 16 with a steel tank failed in 20 years and needed to be replaced, also not sure when they went to the 40 gallon tank from the 23-25 gallon tank but an early model wouldn't be a 40 gallon

Sweet Cheekz
01-25-2009, 07:00 PM
The tag on the tank is clean. It was from a company in Florida, I can't remember right now but everything was legible. The floor was not touched but the deck could have come off at some point There was a lot of rub rail screw holes and the boat had a collision on the side at some point. The repair was crappy but the damage was mainly confined to the deck. Now I really want to know what year this thing is and it looks like thats not going to happen. Anyone know if there is a way to check who owned the boat in 1981 in Florida with the Florida registration I have? Let me know Thanks NK