PDA

View Full Version : And now a word from Northern Ontario

SideshowRob
01-23-2009, 04:53 PM
COLD!!!

Hello all, I just thought I would check in and make sure everything is running smoothly ;-)
We took our annual trip to the Toronto Boatshow last weekend. It was Addison (our daughter's) first trip to the show on the outside :-)
I have to say I wasn't really impressed. No Donzi's. Not that the sales guys would talk to us, as we forgot the Ferrari key to swing around as we ate hotdogs wrapped in $100 bills. Also absent was Bullitt engines from Kingston. ( actually rode in an acquaintance's 25' Baha 525 Supercharged Bullitt powered runabout. Just over 80mph.) Sorry, also missing was our new love, Allison Speed Boats.
I have to say though I am liking the Chris-Craft runabouts, as well as the Wooden boats. Very sophisticated and unique (read expensive I guess). Does this mean I'm getting older? Funny I have no interest in the wakeboard boats other than it would be fun to run up and down the lake in a top of the line boat just to make "the punks" jealous.
Just to make sure we haven't grown up too much we also went to see Monster Jam at the Skydome. Could it be the most ridiculous of all motorsports? Don't get me wrong for a second, anytime you have 12-1600hp busy launching trucks through the air. I think it is a good thing! So at 7mths old Addie had a great time at both events.

SideshowRob
01-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Here's some evidence. First one is Nicole and Addie waiting for Duma the waterskiing dog. 2nd is MonsterJam.